Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Hope the last week will be the last time we ever give the vile away supports of Celtic and Huns the full away end, find a way to make up the lost revenue elsewhere am happy to chip in.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Is it true that the drummer from singing section has had his season ticket confiscated? If so will fans reps be acting for him?

SKII

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Is it true that the drummer from singing section has had his season ticket confiscated? If so will fans reps be acting for him?
In what respect?

He's tweeted he has been fined and been given a 5 year ban?

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
@traceyhibs In light of recent events, have either the board or the fans reps changed their opinion that sectarian chanting is entirely an issue for the police?

Any thoughts on this @traceyhibs? It's being discussed extensively online amongst fans of various clubs. The general consensus is that clubs
such as ours are not doing enough to stamp out sectarianism and I'd tend to agree.

Is it something the fans reps could get behind?

traceyhibs

Just A Radge
Any thoughts on this @traceyhibs? It's being discussed extensively online amongst fans of various clubs. The general consensus is that clubs
such as ours are not doing enough to stamp out sectarianism and I'd tend to agree.

Is it something the fans reps could get behind?

Hi,

Definitely something I want to raise at the next board meeting. I do think it’s something all clubs should be pulling together on.

Will be adding to our report this month.

Chasing again also the answers to the questions you all posted.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00