Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Fair doos but saying someone cant post etc doesn’t sit well. But I m not admin . It’s thier gig as to how they run their site
Aye that's a fair point, I apologise to @C Feeney-Seale for the comment but maintain that I don't value her opinion as someone who only appears at election time.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
You are right. The OP comes across as someone who has a very high opinion of himself. If I was her I'd tell him to stick his thread up his erse.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Happy to but maybe you could take the chance to ask a question of the board whilst I'm at it.

Leith1975

Just A Radge
Genuinely not interested in your opinion if you only appear at election time, sorry. And I think everyone who knows me would agree I'm a balanced and considerate poster.
I think that’s being harsh mate. She stood last time and didn’t get elected. Out of respect she hasn’t came on and questioned the current fans reps. If she had it would be seen as sour grapes.
Of all the candidates Claire seemed the most likely to engage on these forums. If I’m being honest I think that the moment they’re elected they’re automatically banned from communicating with us.
Maybe Claire can add something to this.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I think that’s being harsh mate. She stood last time and didn’t get elected. Out of respect she hasn’t came on and questioned the current fans reps. If she had it would be seen as sour grapes.
Of all the candidates Claire seemed the most likely to engage on these forums. If I’m being honest I think that the moment they’re elected they’re automatically banned from communicating with us.
Fair enough, can't see why she could only express an opinion if she was on the board though. I'm happy enough to spout shite without being a board member but more than happy to hear c views about why she's suddenly felt now is the time to express an opinion.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
I’d be very surprised if anyone received a straight answer from any of the “important” board members :angry30:

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge

Isn’t her name Charlene? :lookaround:

I agree she seemed a good candidate first time around, was a toss of a coin between her and Tracey TBH.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Seems a bit odd to complain I haven't contributed, and also tell me not to contribute in this thread? If you disagree with what I'm saying, I'd be interested in hearing why, but if you just disagree with me voicing my opinion then sorry, not interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hiya Chazza.

Glad you made it back to the Bounce.
Are you standing again?
I think I voted for you last time, but I've got a bit ornery now and I may abstain this time .
No offence.

At least if you get in, Tracey won't have to write all your stuff for you.

Eh Frank.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Isn’t her name Charlene? :lookaround:

I agree she seemed a good candidate first time around, was a toss of a coin between her and Tracey TBH.
I thought it was Charlene too but shows what I know, I'm sure the fella who's backing her knows her name

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
At my age I forget what happened two years ago. Lovely to know her view on loan signings two years later though.

Was it two years ago?
Not only did you NOT send me flowers, now you've spilled to the whole Bounce.

I HATE you.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Was it two years ago?
Not only did you NOT send me flowers, now you've spilled to the whole Bounce.

I HATE you.
If you dinnae put oot you dinnae get the rewards. Simple.

And you spilled it to the bounce, that was between me and you till you opened your big gub.

Apologist roaster

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00