• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Queen of the South 1 v 3 Hibernian

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Monday night fitba, live of cooncil telly too! Hibs head down to Dumfries to face Queens, who last week beat the puddledrinkers at the Guntery, should be a tough tie. Jack has done his pre match blether early this week, only team issue is that Ofir was not back training when the interview was recorded on Thursday and he hinted at a possible change in goal. Personally I think we will stick with Rocky, why risk it?

Queens are unbeaten in their last six games, winning five of them and have a couple of decent players. Always a good day out down there, it's times like this that you really do miss the fitba.

The match kicks off at 7.45 live on the BBC Scotland channel, coverage starts 15 minutes before hand. Queens continue to play on a 5G artificial pitch, which can be difficult for players and play and it may influence the team line up.

Last time out we got a hard fought draw at Livingston, a game I felt we should have won, being by far the better team. Nissy will come back confident after his experience with Scotland, Ofir has played three games in the last 10 days for Israel, I cannae wait for hIbs to be back, even though it is only on the telly.

The team

I think Jack will go with Rocky

I expect a back four of McGInn, Porto, Paul and Josh Doig

Gogic in front of the defence

Jackson and Joe in the middle

Nissy, Doidge and Boyler leading the line.

Waddyatink?

Hibernian Forever!

I think McGinn out and Cadden in..
But we know Jack likes him too much. I just think Cadden is better.

I probably expect your line up too!

We're on TV looking for an upset, let's no let it happen Hibs!

I think McGinn out and Cadden in..
But we know Jack likes him too much. I just think Cadden is better.

I probably expect your line up too!

We're on TV looking for an upset, let's no let it happen Hibs!

I agree with that, Cadden is a much better all round player. Longer term I think he’ll take the position.

I’ve a feeling Macey will start... time to see what he’s about before the end of the season.

Looking forward tae this one. I watched Queens against puddledrinkers. Carried their luck, but twas a good Qos performance .
I expect a hard fought game, winning the right tae play fitba, as Mr Hughes used tae say. Attitude must be right .
Might stick ma head over the wall for this one. Mon the Hibs.

Looking forward tae this one. I watched Queens against puddledrinkers. Carried their luck, but twas a good Qos performance .
I expect a hard fought game, winning the right tae play fitba, as Mr Hughes used tae say. Attitude must be right .
Might stick ma head over the wall for this one. Mon the Hibs.
I watched it too and a couple of their players did stand out. I might be wrong, is one of their stand out players, a loaner from rangers not banned for breach of COVID rules?

I watched it too and a couple of their players did stand out. I might be wrong, is one of their stand out players, a loaner from Huns not banned for breach of COVID rules?
No, they've appealed.

No, they've appealed.
Against what?

Length of bans, I presume

My 3-0 to Hibernians is well worth a punt, a really good bet. Golly gosh QoS beat the hapless, hopeless, horseshite, Heart of Midlothian. Not a particularly unique phenomenon.

BIG G

The current Hibs team and cup matches are not made for each other. The evidence of this season clearly shows that. We have struggled badly in cup competition this season and for the last few seasons to be honest. Even our League Cup section matches last summer against lower and Highland league teams were unconvincing.

With apologies for stating the obvious, Cup football is very different from league football. One off do-or-die matches where you absolutely have to be up for the battle or you lose. In the cup games this season we have not been up for the battle, the two semis spring to mind.

Monday's game will be such a battle. QOTS will be on a high as their recent form has been very good. On their own artificial pitch and in front of a live TV audience they will fancy their chances of an upset. Hibs are a much better team, but one-off cup matches as I have said are different animals and we have to approach this game with a real sense of purpose from the off, and with a clear focus on winning the personal battles and imposing ourselves on a lower league team. If we do all that and don't gift any daft goals we should be alright, but I can see a tight hard fought encounter.

2-1 Hibs.

I watched it too and a couple of their players did stand out. I might be wrong, is one of their stand out players, a loaner from Huns not banned for breach of COVID rules?
Depo Mebude is yer man.

The current Hibs team and cup matches are not made for each other. The evidence of this season clearly shows that. We have struggled badly in cup competition this season and for the last few seasons to be honest. Even our League Cup section matches last summer against lower and Highland league teams were unconvincing.

With apologies for stating the obvious, Cup football is very different from league football. One off do-or-die matches where you absolutely have to be up for the battle or you lose. In the cup games this season we have not been up for the battle, the two semis spring to mind.

Monday's game will be such a battle. QOTS will be on a high as their recent form has been very good. On their own artificial pitch and in front of a live TV audience they will fancy their chances of an upset. Hibs are a much better team, but one-off cup matches as I have said are different animals and we have to approach this game with a real sense of purpose from the off, and with a clear focus on winning the personal battles and imposing ourselves on a lower league team. If we do all that and don't gift any daft goals we should be alright, but I can see a tight hard fought encounter.

2-1 Hibs.

Got to say I disagree with you here... We’ve reached 3 consecutive semi finals, how is that struggling badly in cup competitions? Granted we’ve not turned up in those semi finals, but reaching them suggests we don’t struggle in cup games at all, especially in the earlier rounds. There might have been some poor performances, but cup football is about results.

I think I suggested a Newell Jackson partnership a few weeks back, and then I saw it in action and not convinced. Replace one of them with Hallberg?Anyway should be a tough game. I'd be pleased to get past them, just as I suspect the sheep are pleased. Mind you they really are shit.

They are decent going forward and will want to hit us when we are sleeping. If the defence are on it we should batter them...

So 1-1 and a nervy 2-1 win AET.

Away tae Stranraer for the winners

Away tae Stranraer for the winners
In that case I would extend my bet to 6-0 Hibs.

BIG G

I have a bad feeling about this one. We've had a good laugh at Hearts getting knocked out, the draw has opened up a route to the semi-finals, you know what's coming next.

I have a bad feeling about this one. We've had a good laugh at Hearts getting knocked out, the draw has opened up a route to the semi-finals, you know what's coming next.
Yes, exuberance on May 22 🏆 💚

I'm sure we will turn up and do a professional job tonight.

Get him oot, Its Queen of the South FFS, there is no plan B, another disgrace, tactically naive, cannae motivate them, failed again, never turned up, Ross must go.😉

Just getting this in ahead of the usual crew who have been very quiet recently.😉

Tonights a night to play the percentages and stay strong at the back to counter the initial home team surge and then be patient as the game progresses as chances will come as the game opens out.✅

Its a game for Nissy, Doidge and Boyler up front against a weak defence and very few changes elsewhere as we really don't need to accommodate the classy Dobbie as he must be about 84 by now.😉

To think he scored that equaliser at Hampden against "Scotland's Shame 1873" around 20 years ago.✅

What a night that was and "Boabys" finest hour😁

Last edited:
I’d go for a 3412:
Macey
Porteous McGregor Hanlon
Cadden Irvine Newell Doig
Boyle
Doidge Nisbet

I want to see what Macey brings to the table and whether he’s worth a contract for next season.

The three at the back should give us plenty security defensively, and allow Hanlon some license to get forward and support at times.

Cadden and Doig will have the entire flanks to bomb up and down.

Boyle would have a sort of free role to roam wherever he can cause the most damage, with Doidge and Nisbet as the strike partnership.

Be a tough game - a cold Monday night in the SW, but, as I with every game, I think we will win.

I would however play our no. 1 goalkeeper and save trying out Macey till we have (if we manage it) 3rd place tied up. I want to win the cup again and therefore we should be playing our best players.

I’d bring in Mike Tyson for some motivational speaking before this one. Lock him in a room with the manager and players and threaten to punch fuk out of every single one of them who doesn’t perform.

These jokers can’t be trusted. I’ll remember the semi final defeats as much as our decent league position. Third place and a semi final spot as a minimum will appease me somewhat.

1-3 and safely into the next round.

The boy who scored the first touch off the through ball for QOTS v Hearts, I'm looking forward to watching him, he seems to have a real bit about him. Hopefully he doesn't show enough to score, but that clip alone made me think he's one to watch.

I think also that Nissy winning his first cap, highlights just how good he is and if he's on the bench its for a rest not because he's not first choice.

I was going to go with 4,4,2.But then I noticed that only adds up to 10 players.So i've decided the 4 goalies is a bit negative.So I'm going to go with 1,4,4,2.

Jack picks my team again.

3142?

Or a flat back 4? 4 4 3?

Reactions: Zab
Or a flat back 4? 4 4 3?

Aye looks like a 433 to me, think Boyle and Nisbet will play off Doidge.

Or a flat back 4? 4 4 3?
4 4 3 would be a bit sneaky...

Murphy injured?

Murphy injured?
Just back in training end of last week. Will be good to go after this weekends fixture.

Just back in training end of last week. Will be good to go after this weekends fixture.
Can't play on Sunday though

Can't play on Sunday though
Edit: Just realised that's what you meant, K. Apologies

May be my slight nerves however BBC’s coverage already getting on my t**s!
Go do it guys and here’s to the rest of the season 👍

Love Marvin 💚
Talking about Hibs getting beat in 2 semis.
"A few of them were around in 2016 so they'll be telling them about that as well"

Connor shields . Hibs looking at him ....Take note of his performance chaps.

That’s some chance for Dobbie

Bit of a let off there

This thread has been viewed 12851 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back