• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Poor, Very Poor HIBS.

Thats not true though really is it.
The only signings that have actually been poor are Wright and Magennis.

The rest have all played a part or been an improvement on what we had already.
Ahem...S McGinn?

Ahem...S McGinn?

Aye and he's now away on loan, he was a stop gap when needed.

Also did his part in 1 game when required.

S McGinn wasn't signed to be a starter, so he was hardly a failed signing. Just not inspiring at all. He was a last ditch back up, nothing more.

So who else has been a piss poor signing?
Gogic? Nah
McGinn, nah.. recently, not so hot, but general terms.. nah
Cadden? Nah
Irvine, hot and cold, piss poor? Nah, added a bit of energy to midfield
Murphy, good on the park, poor finishing, but we had nothing at all on the left. Injuries, unlucky. Piss poor? Nah

I'd like to know what you think is so bad about all these players?

Mind you thought we should bin Boyle 4/5 months ago... opinions eh

Honestly keep up pal eh. If you look at what I said instead of speculating. I said previously Ross wasn’t being played in his best position, when that changed we got our Boyle back.

McGinn not consistent enough.
Gogic great signing.
Cadden liked what I have seen of him but like Murphy his injuries are a concern and you can add Magennis to that list also.
Irvine not consistent enough.

Honestly keep up pal eh. If you look at what I said instead of speculating. I said previously Ross wasn’t being played in his best position, when that changed we got our Boyle back.

McGinn not consistent enough.
Gogic great signing.
Cadden liked what I have seen of him but like Murphy his injuries are a concern and you can add Magennis to that list also.
Irvine not consistent enough.

Speculating? Having a laugh eh?
You literally used to pipe on about how his head was turned yada yada.

He wasn't played out of position either, he's played on the wing virtually all season. Which, is his position funnily enough.

So you've already back tracked on every single signing except Nisbet being piss poor.
Job done.

Speculating? Having a laugh eh?
You literally used to pipe on about how his head was turned yada yada.

He wasn't played out of position either, he's played on the wing virtually all season. Which, is his position funnily enough.

So you've already back tracked on every single signing except Nisbet being piss poor.
Job done.

You try and spin it as many ways you want, Boyle is not a winger he is much better playing off the front two’s tails. Back tracked 🤣🤣

So who else has been a piss poor signing?
Gogic? Nah
McGinn, nah.. recently, not so hot, but general terms.. nah
Cadden? Nah
Irvine, hot and cold, piss poor? Nah, added a bit of energy to midfield
Murphy, good on the park, poor finishing, but we had nothing at all on the left. Injuries, unlucky. Piss poor? Nah

I'd like to know what you think is so bad about all these players?

Mind you thought we should bin Boyle 4/5 months ago... opinions eh

Oh aye he wanted Boyle binned eh :lauff:

You try and spin it as many ways you want, Boyle is not a winger he is much better playing off the front two’s tails. Back tracked 🤣🤣

Boyle is a winger.
His whole career supports that. Secondary striker, but a winger.
Even when he plays up top or in behind, he fills out right.

And you did backtrack. You've gone from they're all piss poor signings, to injured, great and inconsistent.

Whole team has been inconsistent, hence the dramatics on here every time we lose a game.
Our return from Magennis and Wright has been piss poor, dont see me arguing there, but the rest of them have improved the squad.
The fact that Jack can't/won't/doesn't change things during games show the rest of the squad is poor and he has no faith there.

Having Murphy or Cadden available, I'd guarantee we'd have subs.
Allan should've stayed. But he wanted 60/70 minutes a game, we couldn't guarantee it.

So the move was for his benefit, even tho in my opinion he'd have been useful to Hibs. We weakened ourselves this year to give him the chance to be better next year.
On a personal level, I understand it and he's probably grateful for it, I doubt we'd have loaned him out if he didn't ask for it.

Boyle is a winger.
His whole career supports that. Secondary striker, but a winger.
Even when he plays up top or in behind, he fills out right.

And you did backtrack. You've gone from they're all piss poor signings, to injured, great and inconsistent.

Whole team has been inconsistent, hence the dramatics on here every time we lose a game.
Our return from Magennis and Wright has been piss poor, dont see me arguing there, but the rest of them have improved the squad.
The fact that Jack can't/won't/doesn't change things during games show the rest of the squad is poor and he has no faith there.

Having Murphy or Cadden available, I'd guarantee we'd have subs.
Allan should've stayed. But he wanted 60/70 minutes a game, we couldn't guarantee it.

So the move was for his benefit, even tho in my opinion he'd have been useful to Hibs. We weakened ourselves this year to give him the chance to be better next year.
On a personal level, I understand it and he's probably grateful for it, I doubt we'd have loaned him out if he didn't ask for it.

Ok Boyle is a winger, although in a lot of games he wasn’t getting past his markers like the Gunts semi final for example, he was having to turn back a lot.

The recruitment has been poor which I will stick with and as many others have pointed out on here previously. I want players to improve us as a team, when we played St Mirren Paul McGinn and Stephen McGinn never really stood out against us, although when Paul I thought he was decent to begin with but in the latter part of the season the inconsistent came creeping in, I wanted us to go for O’Donnell. Stephen McGinn was another strange signing for me also

Newell and Doidge when they first arrived were terrible then both turned a corner, Doidge started scoring and Newell was a different player, although he still shows us that he has very bad performances in him and I really don’t see what he brings to us, our midfield has no pace, it’s three similar players, out of those three I would only keep Gogic, but we have signed Newell on a new deal and are in the process of talking to Irvine.

With the talk of reducing the squad we are going to be left with the same similar three midfielders

The same happened with Jackson Irvine, or was it more to do with him getting played out of position. Murphy and Magennis had bad injuries which we should have stayed clear as both have still been more injured than available, so the recruitment have wasted a signing on fee plus two wages there. Wright we won’t even mention as we both agree on that.

Best signings have been Nisbet, Gogic, Doig.

Ok Boyle is a winger, although in a lot of games he wasn’t getting past his markers like the Gunts semi final for example, he was having to turn back a lot.

The recruitment has been poor which I will stick with and as many others have pointed out on here previously. I want players to improve us as a team, when we played St Mirren Paul McGinn and Stephen McGinn never really stood out against us, although when Paul I thought he was decent to begin with but in the latter part of the season the inconsistent came creeping in, I wanted us to go for O’Donnell. Stephen McGinn was another strange signing for me also

Newell and Doidge when they first arrived were terrible then both turned a corner, Doidge started scoring and Newell was a different player, although he still shows us that he has very bad performances in him and I really don’t see what he brings to us, our midfield has no pace, it’s three similar players, out of those three I would only keep Gogic, but we have signed Newell on a new deal and are in the process of talking to Irvine.

With the talk of reducing the squad we are going to be left with the same similar three midfielders

The same happened with Jackson Irvine, or was it more to do with him getting played out of position. Murphy and Magennis had bad injuries which we should have stayed clear as both have still been more injured than available, so the recruitment have wasted a signing on fee plus two wages there. Wright we won’t even mention as we both agree on that.

Best signings have been Nisbet, Gogic, Doig.

Well Newell and Doidge had nothing to do with Jack Ross. If anything, he's turned them around. Credit where it's due. And Boyle not getting past his markers is his failing.

Good post though.

The whole team is completely inconsistent, it's no surprise that when we play pish, Newell plays pish. He's a passer, not a Scott Allan type, but for him to influence a game, those around him need to do their work.
Now, I'll agree, that we need a player in that midfield who can and will influence the game when others aren't playing well, thats a balance issue and in fairness, had Scott been okay and playing regular at the start of the season, then we might have been looking at a completely different team and we wouldn't be without that extra guile on the park.
I think Newell is a pretty good footballer, when we're ticking, he pulls the strings.

Murphy will come good, he's shown flashes of being a really good player, but he hadn't been playing and that's why he's getting injured.
Pre season and a run of games will let us see him next year.

Magennis I'm disappointed with, I wrote off seeing any of him earlier in the season so him even getting on the park is more than I expected.
I'm also unhappy with the way he's been game managed, from everything I've seen and been able to find, he is a central midfielder. Why does he not get played in central midfield? The couple of times he's come off the bench playing in a central role, he's looked okay, takes shots, gets to the box.

Paul McGinn has shown to be a steady player, up until he started getting played in central defence in that 3, he was well on course to being a player of the season candidate. He's not a long term option, but he's shown he can play and will get forward. I think the position shift for quite few games, took him off the rails and he's lost that rhythm he has built himself.
Again possibly a management issue, especially when we did have a genuine defender in the wings.

Still think Cadden is a great signing, this injury is completely random. Bad luck. I too would've liked O'Donnell, but I think Cadden will come better. Truly.

Stephen McGinn wasn't brought here to be signed initially, Jack thought we needed something to fill a gap so we got a short team cheap deal done. This won't have affected the budget.

Irvine too, can play, but im coming round to the idea of us not signing him. Because we're pretty shite when we're poor. And like you said, Newell is already committed.

Still think it's a stronger team than the team that Jack inherited, and that's proof and evidence that they're all doing their job and trying to plug the gaps.
We couldn't plug all the gaps this season, it's been a properly strange year for football, I think we've made pretty good progress despite it.
I think we're in a good position to improve, 1 or 2 signings could turn us into a different team.
We absolutely must fill the gaps if they're left by Doig, Nisbet and Porteous though.

Well Newell and Doidge had nothing to do with Jack Ross. If anything, he's turned them around. Credit where it's due. And Boyle not getting past his markers is his failing.

Good post though.

The whole team is completely inconsistent, it's no surprise that when we play pish, Newell plays pish. He's a passer, not a Scott Allan type, but for him to influence a game, those around him need to do their work.
Now, I'll agree, that we need a player in that midfield who can and will influence the game when others aren't playing well, thats a balance issue and in fairness, had Scott been okay and playing regular at the start of the season, then we might have been looking at a completely different team and we wouldn't be without that extra guile on the park.
I think Newell is a pretty good footballer, when we're ticking, he pulls the strings.

Murphy will come good, he's shown flashes of being a really good player, but he hadn't been playing and that's why he's getting injured.
Pre season and a run of games will let us see him next year.

Magennis I'm disappointed with, I wrote off seeing any of him earlier in the season so him even getting on the park is more than I expected.
I'm also unhappy with the way he's been game managed, from everything I've seen and been able to find, he is a central midfielder. Why does he not get played in central midfield? The couple of times he's come off the bench playing in a central role, he's looked okay, takes shots, gets to the box.

Paul McGinn has shown to be a steady player, up until he started getting played in central defence in that 3, he was well on course to being a player of the season candidate. He's not a long term option, but he's shown he can play and will get forward. I think the position shift for quite few games, took him off the rails and he's lost that rhythm he has built himself.
Again possibly a management issue, especially when we did have a genuine defender in the wings.

Still think Cadden is a great signing, this injury is completely random. Bad luck. I too would've liked O'Donnell, but I think Cadden will come better. Truly.

Stephen McGinn wasn't brought here to be signed initially, Jack thought we needed something to fill a gap so we got a short team cheap deal done. This won't have affected the budget.

Irvine too, can play, but im coming round to the idea of us not signing him. Because we're pretty shite when we're poor. And like you said, Newell is already committed.

Still think it's a stronger team than the team that Jack inherited, and that's proof and evidence that they're all doing their job and trying to plug the gaps.
We couldn't plug all the gaps this season, it's been a properly strange year for football, I think we've made pretty good progress despite it.
I think we're in a good position to improve, 1 or 2 signings could turn us into a different team.
We absolutely must fill the gaps if they're left by Doig, Nisbet and Porteous though.

Top part of your post - Recruitment team I was on about not Ross.

I also hope we are going to make more than 2 signings.

Top part of your post - Recruitment team I was on about not Ross.

I also hope we are going to make more than 2 signings.

They came good, so technically not bad signings? They were probably P.H signings though.
Just had thee worst manager managing them.

They came good, so technically not bad signings? They were probably P.H signings though.
Just had thee worst manager managing them.

You know my thoughts on Newell.

Jury still out on Ross though, hopefully he does come through.

Soon as we put United to bed the better.

What a difference a fortnight makes...

😍

You know my thoughts on Newell.

Jury still out on Ross though, hopefully he does come through.

Only in an alternative reality is the jury out on Ross.

Football opinions are often an emotional outburst to the result of a particular game, incident or a series of results and all of us have written utter shit* in our time.😂.

Every football season though does have an end point where final opinions can be made based on hard facts and conclusive results over a full year and three competitions.

3rd in the SPFL, European qualification, League Cup Semi finalists and reaching the Scottish Cup final is the legacy of the 2020/2021 season by which owner, manager, players and staff can now be fairly and objectively judged.✅

This thread has been viewed 5950 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back