Poofgate

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Much as I'm sure referees would enjoy having a days long debate on the Bounce as to what's homophobic or not, it turns out they don't have to as the SFA have helpfully developed a policy on foul and abusive language / aggravated foul and abusive language. This means they can simply apply the rules in dealing with players who also know what the rules are.

No doubt this will free up referee time to go and protect ambulance staff in green uniforms (which I didn't even realise was within the SFA remit till reading this thread).

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Much as I'm sure referees would enjoy having a days long debate on the Bounce as to what's homophobic or not, it turns out they don't have to as the SFA have helpfully developed a policy on foul and abusive language / aggravated foul and abusive language. This means they can simply apply the rules in dealing with players who also know what the rules are.

No doubt this will free up referee time to go and protect ambulance staff in green uniforms (which I didn't even realise was within the SFA remit till reading this thread).
Don’t suppose you have a copy? I’d be interested to see it.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Don’t suppose you have a copy? I’d be interested to see it.
Not to hand cos SFA website is hopeless but it comes under "foul and abusive language". Using homophobic / racist etc terms brings it into the realms of aggravated foul and abusive language which can carry a six match suspension. I'd expect if the lad says sorry and goes to some diversity training or somesuch it won't come to that though.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Not to hand cos SFA website is hopeless but it comes under "foul and abusive language". Using homophobic / racist etc terms brings it into the realms of aggravated foul and abusive language which can carry a six match suspension. I'd expect if the lad says sorry and goes to some diversity training or somesuch it won't come to that though.

But they can shout and swear at the referees.

Wish they'd start booking for all that, dissent, the lot.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Shouting and swearing at refs comes under foul and abusive language too I believe.

It should, probably does.
But how often does a ref enforce it?

They should release the mics, im sure they're recorded all game.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here