• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Please stop it!

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Private Member
Reaction score
All these saying they have on silly pop shows that have now found their way into football speak

such as

We smashed that
we killed it
He made it his own

I have to say I hate these sayings as well. All apart of young-un culture along with the jobbie stoppers it seems.

So (;))) this is natural language evolution. Your generation (however old you are) did exactly the same.

'groovy' out, 'wicked' in etc

And the now younger gens will be girnin tge same when they get on a bit.

It's not just natural, it is necessary as language is only as alive and growing as its speakers.

End of i m jolly girn :)

This thread is gonna be AWESOME đź‘Ś

Fucking one over here in the states doing my box in is #lowkey. The fuck is that about 🤬

*&*^ that say " So " at the start of every frigging sentence

Fucking one over here in the states doing my box in is #lowkey. The fuck is that about 🤬
fucking yanks torto!

They bring their "A" game :852:
They're gonna "hit it out the park" :852:

...wankers.

fucking yanks torto!

They bring their "A" game :852:
They're gonna "hit it out the park" :852:

...wankers.
At least they step up to the plate

At least they step up to the plate
there hunners o the BC, but im too ripped.
...but as im here......everything gets measured in "football fields"..... fuuuukin Rage!

there hunners o the BC, but im too ripped.
...but as im here......everything gets measured in "football fields"... fuuuukin Rage!
Or the size of Wales

This thread…687314F0-C5B0-4627-A1EE-67C9576B445E.jpeg

'Like' speech is now spattered with it. Also the Australian led, inflection. Where all sentences go up at the end like a question. One of my nephews speaks like that. Most annoying. Also 'awesome' no it's not, it's vaguely good.Also my season seat pal next to me Puskas Suttie's son was using 'douchebag' all the time until I pulled him up for it.

Looks like we've gone meta

This thread is sick.

All these saying they have on silly pop shows that have now found their way into football speak

such as

We smashed that
we killed it
He made it his own
Football speak?

You boys must be miles behind because that one has been around as a mainstream word since about 2010

Embra folk (clearly not the posh ones) have been ending verbal communication with “eh” for years. Always struck me as strange.

The “eh” not the folk, although......

You boys must be miles behind because that one has been around as a mainstream word since about 2010

Thank fuck I missed it first time around!

Embra folk (clearly not the posh ones) have been ending verbal communication with “eh” for years. Always struck me as strange.

The “eh” not the folk, although....
So, you like most of the Edinburgh folk then.
Bit of a fan eh?

:cover:

So, you like most of the Edinburgh folk then.
Bit of a fan eh?

:cover:
Can use it at the start o the sentence too to emphasise a point eg

- "See that Jambo?"
- "Aye"
- "Eh he's a right c@#$ ?"

Lots of yanks say "dead ass" wtf is that about?

A young lass accidentally bumped into me ( my trolley) in the supermarket. She didn’t apologise , but said “ my bad” I assume that is the modern way.
It was random. 🤪

The “eh” not the folk, although....

Funny how we do that, finish a sentence with a word or non-word.
Over the years I've used

ken, jim, man, eh, mate, yeh

Funny how we do that, finish a sentence with a word or non-word.
Over the years I've used

ken, jim, man, eh, mate, yeh
Aye?

A young lass accidentally bumped into me ( my trolley) in the supermarket. She didn’t apologise , but said “ my bad” I assume that is the modern way.
It was random. 🤪

surely it was "literally" my bad or better still "I literally died" That last one trumps everything

This thread has been viewed 2196 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
ÂŁ100.00
Earned
ÂŁ47.50
Back