• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Player you should hate but just dont.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Same restrictions apply.....have played for either gunts, huns or celtc and should hate em, but you don't.

McCoist was a name bandied about on the other thread.

For me, Walter Smith seemed a decent fitba guy, Pressley always spoke well of us, and a respect for Robertson for going against his paymasters and saying Mercer was wrong - even speaking at the event at the Usher Hall.

Feel free to disregard the rules and say who you don't hate in any form, but should!

From the past;

John Robertson; One of the best penalty box strikers I have seen, stood up against Mercer during the takeover.
Davie Cooper; As good as player as I have ever seen in scottish football.
Walter Smith; Good guy, great manager.
Graeme Souness; Yes I know the McLuskey tackle, but he was a world class player, with a tremendous will to win. Wish we had another playing for Scotland now.
Mo Johnson; Great striker for Scotland. Met him once over in Toronto when he was manager there around 2007. Really decent guy and spoke well of Hibs.

Now;
John Souttar, Gary McKay-Stevens, Sean Rooney...two jambos and a Sainty. All three decent players whom I quite admire.

Last edited:
From the past;

John Robertson; One of the best penalty box strikers I have seen, stood up against Mercer during the takeover.
Davie Cooper; As good as player as I have ever seen in scottish football.
Walter Smith; Good guy, great manager.
Graeme Souness; Yes I know the McLuskey tackle, but he was a world class player, with a tremendous will to win. Wish we had another playing for Scotland now.
Mo Johnson; Great striker for Scotland. Met him once over in Toronto when he was manager there around 2007. Really decent guy and spoke well of Hibs.

Now;
John Souttar, Gary McKay-Stevens, Sean Rooney...two jambos and a Sainty. All three decent players whom I quite admire.
Mackay Steven? Really?

This one might get me bounced but...

I've never hated Craig Levien as much as I'm supposed to.

I've always seen him as what a jambo should be. Utterly obsessed with us, snide and smug when they win and a blethering clown when they lose. He's trying to noise us up constantly, but I've never found him particularly odious. He dishes it out but takes it when it's coming back at him. If a Hibs manager/pundit was like that with them I'd enjoy it.

He won a bit of respect for me when he was Dundee Utd manager by calling out OF bias and managed a very decent side. He's also done good charity work here and there without making a big deal of it and has a self deprecating edge to his punditry that works for me.

He's still a fucking penis though, obviously.

Paul McStay was a player and a gent.

I too will go with Walter Smith and John Robertson.

I feel sick.

Joe Jordan because he managed the Gunts.

But he is my football hero and has been since I was a 13 year old at my second Scotland match when he scored that goal against Czechoslovakia.

Even named one of my sons Joe.

John Brown, should have been capped, never was. He was part of the Dundee side who stopped them winning the league in '86 and he was nice to my laddie when he met him 🙂

John Brown, should have been capped, never was. He was part of the Dundee side who stopped them winning the league in '86 and he was nice to my laddie when he met him 🙂
Edit "Them"

I thought the boy Ba-hingmy (sp.) came across well in his interview after the derby. Didn't have the usual gunt superiority complex.

It was the only time I've ever had a wee pang of disappointment that we didn't get to a player before them. Anybody else they've signed has been clearly too guntish no matter how good a player they are.

Mackay Steven? Really?
Yeah. A very good skilful player.
I like and admire wingers who can actually take on and beat defenders through sheer trickery and skill rather than just pace.

This one might get me bounced but...

I've never hated Craig Levien as much as I'm supposed to.

I've always seen him as what a jambo should be. Utterly obsessed with us, snide and smug when they win and a blethering clown when they lose. He's trying to noise us up constantly, but I've never found him particularly odious. He dishes it out but takes it when it's coming back at him. If a Hibs manager/pundit was like that with them I'd enjoy it.

He won a bit of respect for me when he was Dundee Utd manager by calling out OF bias and managed a very decent side. He's also done good charity work here and there without making a big deal of it and has a self deprecating edge to his punditry that works for me.

He's still a fucking penis though, obviously.
I admired Levein as a player.

He was a top class central defender who was very unfortunate in that (a) he had to retire early from the game through injury and (b) had very few Scotland caps due to being up against Miller, McLeish and Hanson at the time. How I wish we had four central defenders as good as them now to choose from for Scotland.

He was a top class central defender who was very unfortunate in that (a) he had to retire early from the game through injury and (b) had very few Scotland caps due to being up against Miller, McLeish and Hanson at the time. How I wish we had four central defenders as good as them now to choose from for Scotland.
We also had Hegarty and Narey. Good times.

I don’t mind Craig Levein, he’s a bit of a panto villain more than anything. Gave us the sensational natural order moment at Easter Road.

Henrik Larsson was a tremendous striker, should hate him considering how many times he scored against us.

Walter Smith seemed like a good guy and was a winner.

One from each of three most odious clubs in Scottish football, that’s plenty. I need a shower after that.

I was pretty young when he was a player, so don't have many clear memories of him in his pomp, I think I was around 14 when he retired.

Like, you say though, for the guy who is often held up as Jambo arsehole #1, I can think of way more dislikable ones who were far worse players.

Dont like any the rangers or hertz players past or present . It’s in my Dna 🤷‍♂️
dont actually mind celtic players , mibby a few bawbags are an exception 🤔

One for the oldies - I always admired Henry Hall as a player, especially with Forfar as a veteran. Should have played at a higher level imo

One for the oldies - I always admired Henry Hall as a player, especially with Forfar as a veteran. Should have played at a higher level imo

As someone who was born (1959) and brought up in Perth and whose Dad was a Saintee I was lucky enough to watch the great Saints Team of the 69-71 era before I discovered The Hibees.

Willie Ormond had some fantastic players and they played great football.

Henry Hall, John Connolly, Jim Pearson up top.

Kenny Aird, Freddie Aitken on the wings.

Ian McPhee, Gordon Whitelaw, Alex Gordon in midfield.

Willie Coburn, Jim Argue, John Lambie at full back

Benny Rooney, Alex Rennie

Jim Donaldson/Derek Robertson (both fantastic local characters)

Braw plyers, braw team but then I discovered Easter Road and the Hibees.

Next April 8th is my 50th Anniversary of my first time at Easter Road (coincidently we beat St Johnstone 7-1 that day)

We play the Gunts at SwineCastle on 9th April.

Cannae think of a better way to celebrate my 50 years of loving Hibs by pumping the puddledrinkers in their own backyard.

Dont like any the rangers or hertz players past or present . It’s in my Dna 🤷‍♂️
dont actually mind celtic players , mibby a few bawbags are an exception 🤔
Daz?????

Craig Levein is an anti Hibs wanker.

Fuck 'im

Always had admiration for the Lisbon lions. All local lads. I think Bobby Lennox lived the furthest away from darkheidand that was only Saltcoats.

Cannae stand Steven Naismith the player but I think he did a shitload of good with the homeless when at Everton

Only exception being hibs supporters like Daz 🤪

Willie Johnston - played for Huns and Guntz. Given a lot of the blame for the Argentina 78 disaster when it was truly a national collective balls up. He’s clearly a radge of the highest possible standards and for that reason I’ve always kinda liked him. He’s kinda the Anthony Stokes of Huns/Guntz world. Probably a total fanny but I’ve never met him.

I don't remember Donald Ford being nasty about us.But (and I said this before) when I was a youngster I actually became a hun that went to Easter Rd every week and was nomilly only a hun when they visited was because I liked Colin Stein so much.

I don't remember Donald Ford being nasty about us.But (and I said this before) when I was a youngster I actually became a hun that went to Easter Rd every week and was nomilly only a hun when they visited was because I liked Colin Stein so much.
That's a tad weird 😱

I'm a tard weird.I went and supported Hibs throughout the year, but when the Rangers came to play I donned my Blue Red and White bunnet and my dad took me to the games and protected me from the non segregated hoardes.Then some day my dad sat me down and explained about the Troubles and I chucked it.

I'm a tard weird.I went and supported Hibs throughout the year, but when the Rangers came to play I donned my Blue Red and White bunnet and my dad took me to the games and protected me from the non segregated hoardes.Then some day my dad sat me down and explained about the Troubles and I chucked it.
I'm just glad you weren't a Mo Johnson fan

I go back to the days when Hearts had some wonderful players. Yes, seriously. I saw each of them play, as I used to go to Easter Road and Tynecastle on alternate weeks. The first time my Dad allowed me to go to an away game on my own was at Falkirk in 1957, when Eddie Turnbull moved back to right-half and then made the Scotland World Cup squad in Sweden. Hibs won 3-1 that day.
Dave MacKay was a world-class player for Them and for Spurs.
Willie Bauld was a sensational centre forward, only bettered by our own Laurie Reilly.
Alfie Conn and Jimmy Wardhaugh formed a tremendous trio with Bauld.
Alex Young, Jim Cruickshank, Roald Jensen, and even John Robertson - all grudgingly admired.

Can I nominate Steven Gerrard now he has broken Hun hearts?

Not a player anymore but a manager. Gareth Southgate always comes across as a decent guy

Willie Henderson he's a good guy

Paul Mcstay always seemed a decent guy, surrounded by bellends. ( apart from Murdo, who seemed ok even before he seen the light) 🤪

Duncan Ferguson.
love his attitude and passion......seems like a good lad anaw.

Duncan Ferguson.
love his attitude and passion......seems like a good lad anaw.
Not when he beat up a guy on crutches.
Bit of a fanny then. Burglars are fair game but not a guy on crutches.

Not when he beat up a guy on crutches.
Bit of a fanny then. Burglars are fair game but not a guy on crutches.
boy was a gunt tho, so mitigating circumstances.

boy was a gunt tho, so mitigating circumstances.
Didn’t know that.
I retract my previous criticism.

Didn’t know that.
I retract my previous criticism.
story i read was that ferguson was at a taxi rank wi his woman.
reeko pegleg gunt started giving him pelters.
Big radge dunc ignored everything until said spam started the 'your birds a munter' patter.
Big radge battered him.
seems fair enough to me.
move along everyone.

Craig Gordon?

Willie Johnston - played for Huns and Guntz. Given a lot of the blame for the Argentina 78 disaster when it was truly a national collective balls up. He’s clearly a radge of the highest possible standards and for that reason I’ve always kinda liked him. He’s kinda the Anthony Stokes of Huns/Guntz world. Probably a total fanny but I’ve never met him.
I come from Fife and drank a few times in Willie's boozer in Kirkcaldy. He was a nice fella, never (that I seen) got involved in fitbaw chat, other than a Rovers or Scotland game.

Paolo Di Canio Celtic
Rino Gattuso huns
Great players great characters wished they’d played for Hibs😫

This thread has been viewed 2286 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back