Player you should hate but just dont.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Same restrictions apply.....have played for either gunts, huns or celtc and should hate em, but you don't.

McCoist was a name bandied about on the other thread.

For me, Walter Smith seemed a decent fitba guy, Pressley always spoke well of us, and a respect for Robertson for going against his paymasters and saying Mercer was wrong - even speaking at the event at the Usher Hall.

Feel free to disregard the rules and say who you don't hate in any form, but should!

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
From the past;

John Robertson; One of the best penalty box strikers I have seen, stood up against Mercer during the takeover.
Davie Cooper; As good as player as I have ever seen in scottish football.
Walter Smith; Good guy, great manager.
Graeme Souness; Yes I know the McLuskey tackle, but he was a world class player, with a tremendous will to win. Wish we had another playing for Scotland now.
Mo Johnson; Great striker for Scotland. Met him once over in Toronto when he was manager there around 2007. Really decent guy and spoke well of Hibs.

Now;
John Souttar, Gary McKay-Stevens, Sean Rooney...two jambos and a Sainty. All three decent players whom I quite admire.

Last edited:

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
From the past;

John Robertson; One of the best penalty box strikers I have seen, stood up against Mercer during the takeover.
Davie Cooper; As good as player as I have ever seen in scottish football.
Walter Smith; Good guy, great manager.
Graeme Souness; Yes I know the McLuskey tackle, but he was a world class player, with a tremendous will to win. Wish we had another playing for Scotland now.
Mo Johnson; Great striker for Scotland. Met him once over in Toronto when he was manager there around 2007. Really decent guy and spoke well of Hibs.

Now;
John Souttar, Gary McKay-Stevens, Sean Rooney...two jambos and a Sainty. All three decent players whom I quite admire.
Mackay Steven? Really?

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
This one might get me bounced but...

I've never hated Craig Levien as much as I'm supposed to.

I've always seen him as what a jambo should be. Utterly obsessed with us, snide and smug when they win and a blethering clown when they lose. He's trying to noise us up constantly, but I've never found him particularly odious. He dishes it out but takes it when it's coming back at him. If a Hibs manager/pundit was like that with them I'd enjoy it.

He won a bit of respect for me when he was Dundee Utd manager by calling out OF bias and managed a very decent side. He's also done good charity work here and there without making a big deal of it and has a self deprecating edge to his punditry that works for me.

He's still a fucking penis though, obviously.

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
Joe Jordan because he managed the Gunts.

But he is my football hero and has been since I was a 13 year old at my second Scotland match when he scored that goal against Czechoslovakia.

Even named one of my sons Joe.

ILHTD

New radge
John Brown, should have been capped, never was. He was part of the Dundee side who stopped them winning the league in '86 and he was nice to my laddie when he met him 🙂

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I thought the boy Ba-hingmy (sp.) came across well in his interview after the derby. Didn't have the usual gunt superiority complex.

It was the only time I've ever had a wee pang of disappointment that we didn't get to a player before them. Anybody else they've signed has been clearly too guntish no matter how good a player they are.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
This one might get me bounced but...

I've never hated Craig Levien as much as I'm supposed to.

I've always seen him as what a jambo should be. Utterly obsessed with us, snide and smug when they win and a blethering clown when they lose. He's trying to noise us up constantly, but I've never found him particularly odious. He dishes it out but takes it when it's coming back at him. If a Hibs manager/pundit was like that with them I'd enjoy it.

He won a bit of respect for me when he was Dundee Utd manager by calling out OF bias and managed a very decent side. He's also done good charity work here and there without making a big deal of it and has a self deprecating edge to his punditry that works for me.

He's still a fucking penis though, obviously.
I admired Levein as a player.

He was a top class central defender who was very unfortunate in that (a) he had to retire early from the game through injury and (b) had very few Scotland caps due to being up against Miller, McLeish and Hanson at the time. How I wish we had four central defenders as good as them now to choose from for Scotland.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge

He was a top class central defender who was very unfortunate in that (a) he had to retire early from the game through injury and (b) had very few Scotland caps due to being up against Miller, McLeish and Hanson at the time. How I wish we had four central defenders as good as them now to choose from for Scotland.
We also had Hegarty and Narey. Good times.

Zab

Admin
I don’t mind Craig Levein, he’s a bit of a panto villain more than anything. Gave us the sensational natural order moment at Easter Road.

Henrik Larsson was a tremendous striker, should hate him considering how many times he scored against us.

Walter Smith seemed like a good guy and was a winner.

One from each of three most odious clubs in Scottish football, that’s plenty. I need a shower after that.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge

I was pretty young when he was a player, so don't have many clear memories of him in his pomp, I think I was around 14 when he retired.

Like, you say though, for the guy who is often held up as Jambo arsehole #1, I can think of way more dislikable ones who were far worse players.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Dont like any the rangers or hertz players past or present . It’s in my Dna 🤷‍♂️
dont actually mind celtic players , mibby a few bawbags are an exception 🤔

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
One for the oldies - I always admired Henry Hall as a player, especially with Forfar as a veteran. Should have played at a higher level imo

As someone who was born (1959) and brought up in Perth and whose Dad was a Saintee I was lucky enough to watch the great Saints Team of the 69-71 era before I discovered The Hibees.

Willie Ormond had some fantastic players and they played great football.

Henry Hall, John Connolly, Jim Pearson up top.

Kenny Aird, Freddie Aitken on the wings.

Ian McPhee, Gordon Whitelaw, Alex Gordon in midfield.

Willie Coburn, Jim Argue, John Lambie at full back

Benny Rooney, Alex Rennie

Jim Donaldson/Derek Robertson (both fantastic local characters)

Braw plyers, braw team but then I discovered Easter Road and the Hibees.

Next April 8th is my 50th Anniversary of my first time at Easter Road (coincidently we beat St Johnstone 7-1 that day)

We play the Gunts at SwineCastle on 9th April.

Cannae think of a better way to celebrate my 50 years of loving Hibs by pumping the puddledrinkers in their own backyard.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here