• Welcome to the New Server...Fire in, we lost about 1 hour although some of you a may have still been in DNS Propagation.
    See you in the Morning. GGTTH

Plastic and Veganism

moathibby

Legendary Radge
A lot of companies are selling plastic goods as being 'Vegan' i.e doctor Martens 'vegan' shoes which are made from plastic.But plastic comes when you take patroleum and put it through the cracking process in a cracker factory to produce the various carbon based products,or plastics.But oil is produced when much zoological algae and other algae is pressed under sedimentary rock under great pressure and heat to produce crude oil.Therefore oil is partly animal based and should not be claimed by many vegans to be 'vegan'.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
As a vegan, I can confirm that I don't give a lot of thought to zoological algae. Certainly not as much as I'd give to sentient animals like cows which is the alternative shoe material.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
So you don't care for the poor dinosaurs who died in order that you wear plastic shoes?

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Mrs Jackie made our Christmas crackers recycling the shitty little toys and stuff from crackers in what must be about the last decade!

Crackin idea I thought until I got the fucking dice again!!

moathibby

Legendary Radge
As for the finings in beer.When a were a vegan; only beer I could drink was Guinness and Scrumpy.

Last edited:

moathibby

Legendary Radge
I've got a vegan friend and have friends who were in the Fini Tribe. Anyway Alan-Newhoose's brother, well known for having a dog called Chaos and for doing pavement art at the West End. Anyway they had a campaign against Macdonalds for years about their treatment of meat. Anyway I met him on the bus the other day and asked him about their vegan products and he seemed quite pleased. Maybe part of his campaigning paid off.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
I've got a vegan friend and have friends who were in the Fini Tribe. Anyway Alan-Newhoose's brother, well known for having a dog called Chaos and for doing pavement art at the West End. Anyway they had a campaign against Macdonalds for years about their treatment of meat. Anyway I met him on the bus the other day and asked him about their vegan products and he seemed quite pleased. Maybe part of his campaigning paid off.
My daughter likes the fact she can have veggie dippers with her happy meal certainly.

Personally, I'd rather not be giving McDonald's any money, but kids soften your resolve a bit.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts