Peter Lorimer RIP

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Leeds United and Scotland legend dies aged 74.

Leeds all time top goalscorer, was a huge part of the great Revie team of the late 60's and early 70's.

Played for Scotland in the 1974 World Cup and scored against Zaire. That was the first World Cup I can remember watching as a young laddie.

Great player. Had the hardest shot in football.

RIP Peter.

Admin
Leeds United and Scotland legend dies aged 74.

Leeds all time top goalscorer, was a huge part of the great Revie team of the late 60's and early 70's.

Played for Scotland in the 1974 World Cup and scored against Zaire. That was the first World Cup I can remember watching as a young laddie.

Great player. Had the hardest shot in football.

RIP Peter.

A fine player from a good team back in the day. RIP.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Another one of my boyhood heroes gone. Peter was part of that great Leeds side of the early 70's.A team we of course faced in Europe. But for my mind I really think of Lorimer as a Scotland player. He was skilful of course, but what a shot he had on him. If there was a free kick outside the box, I always thought 'let Lorimer take it'. In my mind I have the David Coleman saying 'Lorimer! One nil!' now maybe that piece of commentary doesn't exist but it does in my head. Anyway RIP Peter.

dsc67

New radge
Another of my football heroes passed away before their time , It's been a tough year for Leeds fans losing so many of our greats . Gone but never forgotten R.I.P. Hot Shot

jock3

Well-Known Radge
Huge miss and very sad having lived in Leeds 20 years. I remember he ran a pub not far from ma work. RIP

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Theres a good video of PL and Eddie Gray talking about the Scots at Leeds.
I've searched for it but cant find it. Maybe someone with more know how of all things internet can post it.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I've seen that one D, but it's not the one I'm on about.

Gray and Lorimer were chatting about Leeds and the Scots/ English rivalry.
The squad used to toss coins to see who would pay for lunch.
When it got to the last 2 guys , if a Scot lost and had to pay for everyone's lunch(about 14 guys), Billy Bremner would ask for a coffee.
If it was an Englishman who had to pay, BB had a 3 course meal and Kit Kats to take home to his kids!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00