Paolo Rossi

Italian football legend dead at 64.

Rossi scored a hat-trick in Italy's famous 3-2 win against Brazil in the 1982 tournament as well as a goal in the final against West Germany.

He scored 134 goals in 338 club matches before retiring in 1987 and is considered one of the best forwards of his generation.

BIG G

Green juventine

Just A Radge
That’s terrible news. I went to see my family in Italy in august of 82 after we won the World Cup and everywhere you went there were images of Rossi.
Italy struggled in the early stages but after beating Poland they were flying thanks to Rossi. He ended up top goal scorer and won the golden boot.
Most of the team like himself were Juve players and the Manager Enzo Berzot got them playing attacking football.
As a Juve and Italy fan I am deeply saddened by the news of his death.
Rest in peace Paolo time to take on Maradona again rest in peace and thanks for the joy of 82.

Gareth

Well-Known Radge
I remember as a 9 year old being gutted when Rossi dismantled what i think was the best national side i've ever seen in Brazil. I remember a Brazilian football journalist saying that that game marked the end of football in Brazil being seen as off the cuff and flamboyant, as it became more defensive and pragmatic. If I believed in god the chat between Rossi and Socrates would be an interesting one.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Sad News.

Rossi was a fabulous striker and he lit up that wonderful World Cup of 1982.

I'll always remember the 3-2 semi-final win against one of the best Brazil teams ever in which he scored a hat-trick in one of the all time great WC matches. As has been said, he was prolific at club level as well.

RIP Paulo.

It wasn’t the semi v Brazil it was the group of 3 before the semi finals

Amazing world cup, perhaps because I was young but 82-90 the golden age of the tournament