• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Oli Shaw

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Rumoured with loan move to either Ross County or Kilmarnock.

I think it would be good for him.

If he can prove he is good enough for the top league it will change the narrative about him and give him a bit of confidence.

Only if we get at least one experienced/tried & tested striker in first.

Wouldn't want him on Kilmarnock's plastic pitch for the rest of the season though.

Only if we get at least one experienced/tried & tested striker in first.

That's a must if he goes.

Scored in one of our last four games, interesting thought process letting our third striker go when our second striker is regaining fitness.

he was criminally under used by phb.

Scored in one of our last four games, interesting thought process letting our third striker go when our second striker is regaining fitness.

he was criminally under used by phb.

I think he needs to go out on loan to another premiership team to get a real run of games at this level, he needs to chance to really show what he’s all about, and he won’t get that at Hibs this season.

But we can’t let him go until we bring someone else in. We need a real alternative to Flo & Doidge, not just cover.

I think he needs to go out on loan to another premiership team to get a real run of games at this level, he needs to chance to really show what he’s all about, and he won’t get that at Hibs this season.

But we can’t let him go until we bring someone else in. We need a real alternative to Flo & Doidge, not just cover.

Mind Gullan will be in our ranks also.

Mind Gullan will be in our ranks also.

Aye true, but I’d be wary of going with him as the 3rd striker. Can see him getting a chance, but still think we need to be looking for something different to what we already have.

Aye true, but I’d be wary of going with him as the 3rd striker. Can see him getting a chance, but still think we need to be looking for something different to what we already have.

I like my team to have 4 strikers on the books just incase of Injury, suspension or bad form.

Reactions: Zab

will he get a run of games at ross county or kilmarnock?

I would prefer he played top end of the Championship. His goals at another top leagure team could negatively affect Hibs?

I would prefer he played top end of the Championship. His goals at another top leagure team could negatively affect Hibs?

Or send Hearts down?

It could help us as well, if he helps the team take points off our closest rivals. Bit of a Celtic tactic but I’m not against it.

will he get a run of games at ross county or kilmarnock?

Depends entirely on him - Ross County are losing Brian Graham and their other main striker is injured, so if he goes there and doesn’t take the opportunity, he’s never going to make it at Hibs.

Screenshot_20200115-105434_Twitter.jpg
Striker in for Killie.

View attachment 1866
Striker in for Killie.
Seen something this morning about Leigh either to us or Killie. Us it is then... I hope.

Seen something this morning about Leigh either to us or Killie. Us it is then... I hope.

This is actually more likely than you'd think.

Celtic are still on the look out for more strikers despite signing a Polish lad recently. What are the chances Griffiths can agree a release? Celtic might drag their heels like they did with Allan.

Celtic are still on the look out for more strikers despite signing a Polish lad recently. What are the chances Griffiths can agree a release? Celtic might drag their heels like they did with Allan.

I think it's more likely they will lose Eduard. That's why they are looking at more than one striker. I wouldn't pin my hope on us getting Griffiths at all.

Oli Shaw should be given a decent run in the Hibs first team now....never mind being loaned out again. What good would that do anyone ?
Twelve goals scored in the top league in the pitifully few appearances he has had in the Hibs first team would tend to indicate that he knows how to find the net in this league. Scored a few against the best team in the country as well and the infamous derby "goal" which never was. It's about time some confidence was shown in him by the manager...same with Fraser Murray who should also now be given a proper chance to become a first team regular with Stevie Mallan now out for two months injured. Coming on in the last 10 to 15 minutes of games when the team is struggling is no way to determine if a young player has what it takes.

Last edited:
Oli Shaw should be given a decent run in the Hibs first team now....never mind being loaned out again. What good would that do anyone ?
Twelve goals scored in the top league in the pitifully few appearances he has had in the Hibs first team would tend to indicate that he knows how to find the net in this league. Scored a few against the best team in the country as well and the infamous derby "goal" which never was. It's about time some confidence was shown in him by the manager...same with Fraser Murray who should also now be given a proper chance to become a first team regular with Stevie Mallan now out for two months injured. Coming on in the last 10 to 15 minutes of games when the team is struggling is now way to determine of a young player has what it takes.

I'd be happy to keep Shaw and Gullan as our back up strikers. Would also be happy for Murray to be our replacement for Allan if injured or suspended.

I cannot believe some people think Shaw should be given a run.If Hibs want to improve then he is simply not good enough.

Twelve goals scored in the top league in the pitifully few appearances he has had in the Hibs first team would tend to indicate that he knows how to find the net in this league. Scored a few against the best team in the country as well and the infamous derby "goal" which never was. It's about time some confidence was shown in him by the manager...same with Fraser Murray who should also now be given a proper chance to become a first team regular with Stevie Mallan now out for two months injured. Coming on in the last 10 to 15 minutes of games when the team is struggling is no way to determine if a young player has what it takes.
Imo Shaw isn't good enough. Another like Mallan where if you look at stats alone it gives a false impression of a decent player. Shaw lacks the heart and desire to succeed. He doesn't have enough to his game to merit a start. Sacrifice Doidge or Flo for Shaw?

I agree with Greenmachine; Shaw just needs his confidence built up with regular starts.Keeping the bench warm week in, week out has done him no good.Only with regular game time will we see the player I think he can be.

Personally I'd rather we signed another striker and loaned/sold Shaw rather than giving him an extended run. Just don't think he's good enough and it would be half a season wasted. Forwards is the one area where you really can't afford to just persevere and hope someone comes good for too long IMO.

How do we give him that run? He isn't as good as Flo who he is similar to. He is too different to Doidge to play that role.

If he stays he is third choice unless we have an injury or change shape.

There are attributes that I like and I have not written Ollie off but I'd rather see him improve somewhere else and come back than stagnate here... Its not beneficial to anyone.

I think it's more likely they will lose Eduard. That's why they are looking at more than one striker. I wouldn't pin my hope on us getting Griffiths at all.
Problem is, a lot of Hibbys do....every f*****g transfer window to be precise

What’s Danny Swanson daein?

I'd have brought him on today,becauseDoidge offered very little(ok I know he scored).

I don t know if I'm sounding daft or no' but would doidge be getting slated so much if we had a better defence. He scored one, we scored 2, if we could cut down mistakes at the back we'd be be talking about the goal he scored and no' his weaknesses. Probably no' coming over as I mean it but just a thought.

I don t know if I'm sounding daft or no' but would doidge be getting slated so much if we had a better defence. He scored one, we scored 2, if we could cut down mistakes at the back we'd be be talking about the goal he scored and no' his weaknesses. Probably no' coming over as I mean it but just a thought.

No as he needs to do more than score a goal, he did pretty much nowt else the whole game.

If it were Griffiths that posted missing during the game but scored everyone would be like "that's what he does he scores goals".

Doidge goal should've been enough to win the game , they have 2 shots on goal score twice and its a' Doidges fault. I'm no' his biggest supporter but the guy was getting pelters, rightly, when he wisnae scoring and now he's scoring he's still getting them. Just my humble opinion as usual

The Doidge conundrum is a weird one. On paper his stats are good but I completely understand what the doubters are saying. Unless he is scoring you are as good as a man down.

That's said, I also agree that his shortcomings would seem less significant if we could shut up shop at the back. We shouldn't have been relying on him to put away late chances yesterday regardless of easy they looked.

Shankland was anonymous for them, I thought, but stuck the ball in the onion bag. I’m sure the Dundee types are not bothered if that’s all he does.

I agree with the poster(s) above: our problem is not the guys that score the goals, it’s the fcukers who cannae stop letting them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shankland was anonymous for them, I thought, but stuck the ball in the onion bag. I’m sure the Dundee types are not bothered if that’s all he does.

I agree with the poster(s) above: our problem is not the guys that score the goals, it’s the fcukers who cannae stop letting them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be said Shankland and Doidge had very similar performances - both showed clever movement to get their chance and both scored, but didn’t contribute much to the build up play.

I agree we could have defended the two goals better, but we did limit them to hardly any other chances. We could and should have opened up a two goal margin in both halves, which would have killed the game off. We didn’t, that’s as much a problem as anything.

Last edited:
He goes and challenges for the ball while the players around him do the running. We need somebody to try and stay central with Flo trying to run every blade.

I'm less eager to hang Doidge, still think we've been spoiled with forwards, that because Doidge is a completely different mould he gets it.

Doidge is scoring at least. More than flo. They okay 2 completely different roles though. When doidge is there he attracts the big huddy defenders to him which creates space for flo and saves us punting high balls at flo

If it were Griffiths that posted missing during the game but scored everyone would be like "that's what he does he scores goals".
That’s because we know exactly what he can do....bit of a difference

This thread has been viewed 3667 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back