• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

OLED TVs

aggie

Justified Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Having spent virtually nae money during this pishy year, I was thinking of investing in a swanky new telly. We've had my ma's old one for few years now, its remote control is long since deid so we have to work it with the buttons on the side, and the picture is getting very sort of splodgy?

We don't keep it in the living room - I don't like rooms organised around tellys - so it sits on a wee trolley table, and either me or the bairn will wheel it in and out of our bedrooms and watch movies on the bed. (Of course, I do wheel it into the living room for football, movies with folk round, etc) Even though I have an aerial-based TV box (can't get the feckin internet without it), we never use it - we hook up laptop/iPad to the screen.

With that in mind, I was looking for something light, as the current one is not quite cathode-tube heavy, but still pretty bulky. I'm told that OLED ones are wafer-thin mint stylee, and also the blacks are much better (especially as we watch a lot of movies in dark rooms).

No-one in the house is a gamer or anything.

Anyone know much about this stuff, or could recommend anything? It seems like you're talking about £1k minimum for one of these bad boys, or are they available for cheaper? Are they worth it?

Not sure what’s the best, but you’ll get one far cheaper than 1k.
have a look here

Got a new 50 inch tv last week for £100. Only thing was there was nae remote but for that price I couldnae turn it down.?

I'm in the same position as you. Saved money and after speaking to a salesman in Currys or the like thought I'd have to spend a grand.

I'm by no means an expert just want something big 65" and shiny worked with Virgin, my firestick and Alexa as a wee bonus. I found this one in a few places. Alexa is a bit of a bugger to set up apparently but otherwise gets good reviews for £550!

It should do for about 5 years which is our average keep time.

Don't know what I'll spend the change on!

I'm in the same position as you. Saved money and after speaking to a salesman in Currys or the like thought I'd have to spend a grand.

I'm by no means an expert just want something big 65" and shiny worked with Virgin, my firestick and Alexa as a wee bonus. I found this one in a few places. Alexa is a bit of a bugger to set up apparently but otherwise gets good reviews for £550!

My mum has a hisense and its far better than I thought it would be.
Theyre a little bit plasticky, I put my thumb through the screen on the first one that got delivered taking it out the box... amateurish I know, but the replacement has worked a treat for the 2 and a half she's had it so far.

I know someone who is delighted with her TV bought in Lidl 43-inch LG 4K TV £179.99.
I have a 10 year old Panasonic flat screen . Still going stong. All, firestick and ridiculous amount of channels, amazon prime video, music etc powered by phone mobile hotspot. No Virgin, BT, Sky broadband. Unlimited Data on O2 for £20. Does nicely.

BIG G

A need a new tele efter that the auld yins oot the windae?

Having spent virtually nae money during this pishy year, I was thinking of investing in a swanky new telly. We've had my ma's old one for few years now, its remote control is long since deid so we have to work it with the buttons on the side, and the picture is getting very sort of splodgy?

We don't keep it in the living room - I don't like rooms organised around tellys - so it sits on a wee trolley table, and either me or the bairn will wheel it in and out of our bedrooms and watch movies on the bed. (Of course, I do wheel it into the living room for football, movies with folk round, etc) Even though I have an aerial-based TV box (can't get the feckin internet without it), we never use it - we hook up laptop/iPad to the screen.

With that in mind, I was looking for something light, as the current one is not quite cathode-tube heavy, but still pretty bulky. I'm told that OLED ones are wafer-thin mint stylee, and also the blacks are much better (especially as we watch a lot of movies in dark rooms).

No-one in the house is a gamer or anything.

Anyone know much about this stuff, or could recommend anything? It seems like you're talking about £1k minimum for one of these bad boys, or are they available for cheaper? Are they worth it?

I’ve got one, the picture quality is tremendous.

One thing I’ve noticed is it makes poor quality stuff look even worse, like Hibs TV for example. That’s probably because the good quality stuff looks so good.

Saw a clip of NFL footage shot on an 8k camera a few days back and it was unbelievable so had a look for more detail.
Seems there's not a lot of 8k programming out there as yet so no real rush to buy but it's going to be a big thing.

It was this article I was reading for detail - What Is 8K? Should You Buy a New TV or Wait?

"8K is a higher resolution than 4K—and that's it. 1080p screens have a resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels. 4K screens double those numbers to 3,840 by 2,160 and quadruple the number of pixels. 8K doubles the numbers again, to a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320. That's four times the number of pixels as 4K, which means it's 16 times that of a 1080p TV."

Hopefully someone clued up can give you some decent advice

Saw a clip of NFL footage shot on an 8k camera a few days back and it was unbelievable so had a look for more detail.
Seems there's not a lot of 8k programming out there as yet so no real rush to buy but it's going to be a big thing.

It was this article I was reading for detail - What Is 8K? Should You Buy a New TV or Wait?

"8K is a higher resolution than 4K—and that's it. 1080p screens have a resolution of 1,920 by 1,080 pixels. 4K screens double those numbers to 3,840 by 2,160 and quadruple the number of pixels. 8K doubles the numbers again, to a resolution of 7,680 by 4,320. That's four times the number of pixels as 4K, which means it's 16 times that of a 1080p TV."

Hopefully someone clued up can give you some decent advice
I can take 8k video on my phone.

Pretty useless given there's hardly any 8k tellies out there and none within a mile of what I'm prepared to pay!

Great screenshots though although I've only played with that. Nothing serious.

I can take 8k video on my phone.

Pretty useless given there's hardly any 8k tellies out there and none within a mile of what I'm prepared to pay!
That’s what I watched it on and as I said little programming in 8k either hence folk making a big deal of the NFL doing it

Link here (twitter) -

On a serious note just recently bought a 65 inch Sony ,it's some piece o kit pricey,but the 55 inch is cheaper by a grand excellent buy . Got mines in the Sony centre falkirk ,good luck

On a serious note just recently bought a 65 inch Sony ,it's some piece o kit pricey,but the 55 inch is cheaper by a grand excellent buy . Got mines in the Sony centre falkirk ,good luck

The 55 inch Sony is the one I’ve got, only bought it yesterday off. It’s braw

The 55 inch Sony is the one I’ve got, only bought it yesterday off. It’s braw
You'll enjoy it great teles I only the bigger version because ave got a big ........
WALL ?

• Haha
Reactions: Zab
Hibs getting humped by Ross County in glorious 8k, what a depressing thought.

BIG G

That's a cracking deal hisense are tremendous tvs . Chinese state owned, there fridges are just samsung designs at half the price too

This thread has been viewed 1210 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back