Official HSL - 2020/2021 Third Kit

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
All 10 winners of the third prize draw were contacted this afternoon. Make sure you check your inbox and spam folder to make sure you don’t miss out on a free Hibs top!

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
Just a reminder that the third kit pre-order window ends on Friday. The shirt won’t be available in the shop so if you want to get one it needs to be ordered online by Friday.

Not sure the club have plans to run another ‘names on the shirt’ initiative in the near future so if you think anyone wants one give them a nudge before the weekend. Would hate to think anyone was expecting to see it in the shop before buying at Easter Road.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
All ten winners were entered into the prize draw as a result of the Francks system which is designed to recognise regular Hibernian Supporters contributors, you can find out more about the Francks system by clicking here.

The Francks system will be utilised more over the next few months, with a signed Proclaimers ‘Angry Cyclist’ programme up for grabs in July’s prize draw. All regular donators with a Francks balance of 80+ by the end of the month will be entered into the draw.

Does that mean promotions are only available to current donators? That’s a bold approach.

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
All ten winners were entered into the prize draw as a result of the Francks system which is designed to recognise regular Hibernian Supporters contributors, you can find out more about the Francks system by clicking here.

The Francks system will be utilised more over the next few months, with a signed Proclaimers ‘Angry Cyclist’ programme up for grabs in July’s prize draw. All regular donators with a Francks balance of 80+ by the end of the month will be entered into the draw.

Does that mean promotions are only available to current donators? That’s a bold approach.
Yes that’s correct. It’s designed to encourage people to continue regular contributions which are the most beneficial to the club from a budgeting perspective.

One-off donations and initiatives such as the scarves are very welcome boosts to the finances but from the club’s point of view the ad-hoc payments are hard to predict and therefore hard to include in any budget decisions.

Repeated smaller payments are on the whole better for the club than larger lump sums.

It’s also to avoid the situation where a donator who paid in once five years ago ends up walking away with a prize they didn’t even know was available - the board decided that regular DD contributors should be rewarded for their continuous support via the monthly prize draws.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I understand that, excluding fully paid up members with 1875 franks plus and including current donators with a balance of 80 franks - a tenner? - seems a bold approach to me.

Yes that’s correct. It’s designed to encourage people to continue regular contributions which are the most beneficial to the club from a budgeting perspective.

One-off donations and initiatives such as the scarves are very welcome boosts to the finances but from the club’s point of view the ad-hoc payments are hard to predict and therefore hard to include in any budget decisions.

Repeated smaller payments are on the whole better for the club than larger lump sums.

It’s also to avoid the situation where a donator who paid in once five years ago ends up walking away with a prize they didn’t even know was available - the board decided that regular DD contributors should be rewarded for their continuous support via the monthly prize draws.

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
I understand that, excluding fully paid up members with 1875 franks plus and including current donators with a balance of 80 franks - a tenner? - seems a bold approach to me.
It’s just the first prize since the relaunch of Francks and one designed to include everyone who had started/restarted their DDs since 15th June.

We started small as we didn’t want to make new contributors who may only have had the chance to pay in a tenner since signing up feel left out.

The plan is to run regular draws with the Francks balance set in line with the value/exclusivity of the prize on offer.

As I say it’s to encourage people to donate every month and to continue their donations once 1875 Francks and full membership is reached.

I know there’s a reluctance to compare to elsewhere but the strength of the Hearts and AberDNA models comes from thousands of people signing up to £10 a month or similar which means their clubs can budget for the money 6/12/18 months ahead of time.

emerald green

Bounce Radge

sorry, but Hibernian shouldnt be budgetting from anything from HSL. Surely!

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
sorry, but Hibernian shouldnt be budgetting from anything from HSL. Surely!
Sorry - they’re not budgeting or relying on anything from HSL, it’s all additional funds.

But building up to a January/summer window the club’s hand is much stronger if they know there’s £25k/£30k a month consistently coming in which can be added to the transfer/wage budget as opposed to an amount which is unpredictable and fluctuates significantly from month to month.

emerald green

Bounce Radge
Sorry - they’re not budgeting or relying on anything from HSL, it’s all additional funds.

But building up to a January/summer window the club’s hand is much stronger if they know there’s £25k/£30k a month consistently coming in which can be added to the transfer/wage budget as opposed to an amount which is unpredictable and fluctuates significantly from month to month.
So your agreeing with me then., HSL isnae for budgeting, but it is a bonus.

One off donations are just dandy tae.

Dan's A Hibee!

Bounce Radge
So your agreeing with me then., HSL isnae for budgeting, but it is a bonus.

One off donations are just dandy tae.
It is a bonus yes, and all donations are dandy regardless of whether they are one-off or regular.

But a tenner a month every month is better for the football department in terms of identifying which players the club can afford in the future with the extra cash than an ad-hoc donation which can’t be accounted for ahead of time.

emerald green

Bounce Radge
shirt looks terrible but just ordered it..
I paid up Tricky, but am unable to get it as the club and manufacturers have given us a window about 10 minutes to buy it.:lookaround:

Agree, its a rank strip.

It is a bonus yes, and all donations are dandy regardless of whether they are one-off or regular.

But a tenner a month every month is better for the football department in terms of identifying which players the club can afford in the future with the extra cash than an ad-hoc donation which can’t be accounted for ahead of time.
£20 a month is better than £10.

Your missing the point I am trying to make.

Hibernian budget on Season Tickets, Hospitality, Walk Ups, Commercial contracts and, hopefully any largesse from a multi millionnaire owner. They shouldnt be budgeting at all on any monies HSL is gathering from the rank and file supporters. Thats what I was calling you out on in your original post. It can be a fine line pushing "encouragement" rather than "guilt". Ad hoc donations are a fantastic gesture from our fellow supporters, as well as those in the fortunate position to regularly give.

Anyhoo, we are all Hibs men and we all want the same thing, so I will leave it there. I think its great fellow supporters like yourself are promoting this great vehicle for donating to the greenjerserys tax free.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I paid up Tricky, but am unable to get it as the club and manufacturers have given us a window about 10 minutes to buy it.:lookaround:

Agree, its a rank strip.

£20 a month is better than £10.

Your missing the point I am trying to make.

Hibernian budget on Season Tickets, Hospitality, Walk Ups, Commercial contracts and, hopefully any largesse from a multi millionnaire owner. They shouldnt be budgeting at all on any monies HSL is gathering from the rank and file supporters. Thats what I was calling you out on in your original post. It can be a fine line pushing "encouragement" rather than "guilt". Ad hoc donations are a fantastic gesture from our fellow supporters, as well as those in the fortunate position to regularly give.

Anyhoo, we are all Hibs men and we all want the same thing, so I will leave it there. I think its great fellow supporters like yourself are promoting this great vehicle for donating to the greenjerserys tax free.
Why wouldn't they include regular donations in the budget? They might make an allowance for some being cancelled through the year but it's as close to guaranteed income as ticket sales or hospitality sales are. Do you think they should be excluded from the budget too? If HSL are pulling in £30k a month are you suggesting you'd just wait and have £360k in the bank at the end of the season?

tricky

Bounce Radge
Should probably have done a quick poll of members on strip design and colour etc before releasing as the shirt looks awful, could have been a classic with a bit of thought

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£30.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old