Now that the dust has settled...

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Or if we'd actually competed in the Scottish Cup Final.

Very few of us are going to get terribly excited by 3rd, however commendable an achievement it is, because of the calamitous Hampden non performances and results. We blew THREE superb opportunities for silverware.
Yup that's why punters would have been happier if we didn't make the final, and had instead rounded off the season with the Aberdeen win.

Uncy

Well-Known Radge
Good thread and some well made points here.

Having read and digested them though, I remain unconvinced that away wins at Mwell and Hamilton and not losing to the former in the Cup constitute success. Hibs can never win the League, we only play for cups. Opportunity knocked three times. And on each occasion we hid behind the sofa and turned the lights off.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Good thread and some well made points here.

Having read and digested them though, I remain unconvinced that away wins at Mwell and Hamilton and not losing to the former in the Cup constitute success. Hibs can never win the League, we only play for cups. Opportunity knocked three times. And on each occasion we hid behind the sofa and turned the lights off.

aye unfortunately the season will be remembered for our disgusting performances at hampden

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
It has been a strange season, on so many levels.
Regardless of how people perceive, or remember our league performances , we finished higher, quite comfortably , than we have for a long time.
We won once out of 4 attempts at Hampden , but their is no denying , we were in a position to win them all.
We showed a level of consistency , that we have failed to show for a very long time. We also did , without doubt come up short on the “ biggies”. Yes we have a bigger budget than most, and our league position showed that, and some more.
I hope, with some confidence, that we are on a good track . I hope , with confidence, that like us all, JR will learn from his mistakes, and he will continue improving us. I think we will make some good transfer movements in the coming months. E have some sellable assets, some who I believe are over rated and we could score by cashing them in.
I really believe , we could get Sparky on a 3 year deal, and get his head sorted, and get the best 3 years of his career.
My Hibby glass is half full , but I’m aware some of it is empty.

mentalhibbyjohn

New radge
What a shower o cack. If our ambition is to be third then stick it up yer Jackson. Our ambition should be to close the gap on Huns and Celtic and strive to compete. We've got the stadium. We've got the training centre. No more sales to finance infrastructure for at least a decade. 3 reasons to push on and NOT just settle for a bun fight with Hertz and the sheep.

"If we stay at ER we will have to sell our best young talent for years to come" Alex Miller

Nae mair damned excuses and accepting third as some great achievement.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here