• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Noisey F$#*ING Neighbours

A couple of these might be appropriate

Sorry to hear about your woes MSG. How big is your flat? Might sound drastic but cant you fire up some industrial strength soundproofing between their floor and your ceiling? Would need to replace the ceiling plasterboard after sound wouldnt be that cheap, but it would be a fix. Hope it works out.
Thanks. I'm not sure that'd work too well with my setup. Had a read about doing this and I think it's only really recommended for higher ceilings. As you said pricey as hell too.

Further twists in this saga. Wrote to the complaint advisers manager and told them I am not happy with the responses, actions and attitude of the person I spoke to who was imo incredibly rude. Asked how I report on to whoever regulates their department. Also threatened to go to my local MP and a solicitor. Got a call a couple of days later telling me they were now trying to contact the landlord and they have sent him a recorded letter the past week. I'm now at a stage 1 noise complaint but the problem is still gaining proof of thr noise as nothing I record can be used which is quite ridiculous. She used some ridiculous phrase like professional proof. Really? Beyond belief.

My neighbour above the offending flat is also reporting regular noise. For the time being I need to keep building the incident numbers with the police. Life is stressful enough as it is at the moment and to have this ongoing... This just seems like it'll never end.

I had a look and weirdly Ed Council doesnt have any regulation on levels of noise (in dBs) thats permitted during different times of the day. Either that or I missed them. I'm in Barcelona and we have a max noise of 60 dB daytime, 50 at night. Anything over that we can complain. There are some apps that will record dB levels using your phone and track them over time. They give a max/min level over a period. Would it be worth checking to see the levels and recording them? Would give you some evidence to back everything up. When the kids are running about for sure it will spike up.

I had a look and weirdly Ed Council doesnt have any regulation on levels of noise (in dBs) thats permitted during different times of the day. Either that or I missed them. I'm in Barcelona and we have a max noise of 60 dB daytime, 50 at night. Anything over that we can complain. There are some apps that will record dB levels using your phone and track them over time. They give a max/min level over a period. Would it be worth checking to see the levels and recording them? Would give you some evidence to back everything up. When the kids are running about for sure it will spike up.
60 decibels seems a bit extreme for daytime noise? Not particularly loud.

Mine is going to seem very small fry but it’s annoying. They are decent neighbours actually but in the back yard, next to my bedroom, they have out this shelter over their patio and it’s like some kind of corrugated roof. When it rains, all I hear is drip drip drip drip drip drip. Infuriates the fuck out of me when trying to sleep

I actually never thought to look for an app to measure the noise levels. I might do that thanks. I know Amazon sell devices that log dB level and had been thinking about ordering one.

The most insane thing about this ridiculous situation is that I can't provide any evidence. So I have a string of audio recordings and even video recorded in my own home. I can't use any of it.

I'm going to see what the council say this week. I'm very close to going to my local MP. Waiting to hear if the sh&%$ head of a landlord has received their recorded letter from the council which I should hear about in the next day or two.

@ MSG_07 was wondering how you are getting on - has it all gone quiet?

nice Moaty MH, wondering myself if it took the baseball bat?

nice Moaty MH, wondering myself if it took the baseball bat?
It's still like living under a bowling alley on and off. They deserve a baseball batting. It's not just the noise it's all the rubbish they dump in my garden. I've been told recently by one of my neighbours they witnessed things getting thrown and the guy spitting from above.

I am essentially screwed. No support from the council because it's 'living noise' and they "take their shoes off at the door". They've closed the case. This is despite the neighbour above them complaining as well. And other neighbours saying they can hear them too but no one has officially gone forward. Unless the council hear directly they treat it as hearsay and try to wriggle out of everything. They are truly awful. I can't emphasise that enough.

Edinburgh council have not had noise officers (individuals that fit devices) since 2016 who can investigate levels of noise. This is due to cuts in their funding. Apparently the council in Edinburgh only deal with excessive noise if it is relating to matters like continual loud music or TV's etc. I challenged them on several fronts by stating I can't see what's going on above but if it is kids or adults it's wreckless behaviour which is antisocial in my eyes as that isn't normal household noise/behaviour. It also shows the parents aren't fit to be looking after children. I reminded them that their website states they deal with noise disturbances which cause nuisance, distress and alarm - no where does it state what they had just told me. Nor on the Scottish government guidelines in respect of noise disturbances either. In addition to that, surely this should have been outlined when they first open a noise complaints case their limitations are. Not to be told months later. They basically got the family in a room and asked them if they make a noise and surprise surprise they said no and are in bed by 10pm! Lying through their teeth.

I went as far as contacting social services but unless I know the kids name, school and date of birthday they can't help and urged to call the police if I was concerned. I've contacted the police more than 60 times now and most of the time they don't come. I've been actively discouraged by their control room getting told we're unlikely to attend - yes you heard correct. I've had 5 visits over time, two of which I had to pre-book. The police never come when the noise is at its peak. The family have twice been told to stop the noise and it's like water off a ducks back. As soon as they leave they start up again.

The police have said unless they witness/hear them in the act legally they can do nothing and that this a council matter. The council are playing the same game and palming it back to the police.

According to my solicitor I could file for interdict which means if found guilty and they continue to make noise they could be fined/evicted etc. That in turn means it could take another 6-12 months for them to gain legal aid as neither of them work I'm pretty sure of that. In that time they might end up moving out and I find this all starts up again with another family which is quite likely as the landlord only seems to deal with ethnic families. Where is he in all of this? Sitting on his hands doing nothing. The solicitor said I'd have no recourse against him. I think I'd need to take out a civil case and there is no guarantee I'd win that. Solicitor had said he has seen these kind of cases go both ways. I don't think it's worth spending thousands of pounds on this when probably the easier option is just to get out and find somewhere better to stay. I don't have a choice. No one is willing to help and yes I even had Christine Jardine involved.

Are you glad you asked? Edinburgh is fast becoming a ghetto and the council that are supposed to represent people with genuine problems do sweet FA. I've sent this to the Evening News and not even a response. More interested in publishing stories like some stupid bint moaning about being given the wrong burger at McDonald's.

It's still like living under a bowling alley on and off. They deserve a baseball batting. It's not just the noise it's all the rubbish they dump in my garden. I've been told recently by one of my neighbours they witnessed things getting thrown and the guy spitting from above.

I am essentially screwed. No support from the council because it's 'living noise' and they "take their shoes off at the door". They've closed the case. This is despite the neighbour above them complaining as well. And other neighbours saying they can hear them too but no one has officially gone forward. Unless the council hear directly they treat it as hearsay and try to wriggle out of everything. They are truly awful. I can't emphasise that enough.

Edinburgh council have not had noise officers (individuals that fit devices) since 2016 who can investigate levels of noise. This is due to cuts in their funding. Apparently the council in Edinburgh only deal with excessive noise if it is relating to matters like continual loud music or TV's etc. I challenged them on several fronts by stating I can't see what's going on above but if it is kids or adults it's wreckless behaviour which is antisocial in my eyes as that isn't normal household noise/behaviour. It also shows the parents aren't fit to be looking after children. I reminded them that their website states they deal with noise disturbances which cause nuisance, distress and alarm - no where does it state what they had just told me. Nor on the Scottish government guidelines in respect of noise disturbances either. In addition to that, surely this should have been outlined when they first open a noise complaints case their limitations are. Not to be told months later. They basically got the family in a room and asked them if they make a noise and surprise surprise they said no and are in bed by 10pm! Lying through their teeth.

I went as far as contacting social services but unless I know the kids name, school and date of birthday they can't help and urged to call the police if I was concerned. I've contacted the police more than 60 times now and most of the time they don't come. I've been actively discouraged by their control room getting told we're unlikely to attend - yes you heard correct. I've had 5 visits over time, two of which I had to pre-book. The police never come when the noise is at its peak. The family have twice been told to stop the noise and it's like water off a ducks back. As soon as they leave they start up again.

The police have said unless they witness/hear them in the act legally they can do nothing and that this a council matter. The council are playing the same game and palming it back to the police.

According to my solicitor I could file for interdict which means if found guilty and they continue to make noise they could be fined/evicted etc. That in turn means it could take another 6-12 months for them to gain legal aid as neither of them work I'm pretty sure of that. In that time they might end up moving out and I find this all starts up again with another family which is quite likely as the landlord only seems to deal with ethnic families. Where is he in all of this? Sitting on his hands doing nothing. The solicitor said I'd have no recourse against him. I think I'd need to take out a civil case and there is no guarantee I'd win that. Solicitor had said he has seen these kind of cases go both ways. I don't think it's worth spending thousands of pounds on this when probably the easier option is just to get out and find somewhere better to stay. I don't have a choice. No one is willing to help and yes I even had Christine Jardine involved.

Are you glad you asked? Edinburgh is fast becoming a ghetto and the council that are supposed to represent people with genuine problems do sweet FA. I've sent this to the Evening News and not even a response. More interested in publishing stories like some stupid bint moaning about being given the wrong burger at McDonald's.
The baseball bat didnae work, would have done.
Seriously though, play your music loud for half an hour at random times of the night. It might no get rid of them but you would feel better that u woke the *&*^ up in the middle of the night.

Very sorry to hear you are still stuck in such a bad situation and every agency you approach for help saying it's someone else's problem. Looks like the only solution will be to move but easier said than done and very unfair as you are the innocent party.

I'm with hibbybilly here i'd be playing all sorts of swearing loud as fuck so the kids pick it, and dump all the shit they throw in the garden at their front door.

Rented flats should be all carpeted or if its wooden floors then proper ply should be laid for sound proofing underneath. Whenever you see the landlord you should always say "Aright you cheap *&*^", its their fault for not fixing the flooring.

I feel for you, I really do.
Can I ask , the fairly obvious question?
Why don’t you just get the f##k out? It appears the only solution.
Apart from the baseball bat, and hats off to you for not doing something daft through all this time.

Do you know, or can you find out who the landlord is?

Phone him/her every time there's a problem.

I feel for you, I really do.
Can I ask , the fairly obvious question?
Why don’t you just get the f##k out? It appears the only solution.
Apart from the baseball bat, and hats off to you for not doing something daft through all this time.
TH good sir I am one step ahead and have in fact moved out. I acted on my solicitors instruction in allowing the local authority to go through their processes so I had to hold off for a bit.

I ideally didn't want to be spending a significant sum of my own money moving out if there was a chance this could be sorted. It's a bitter one to swallow and can't believe it's come to this but its maybe a kick up the backside for me in getting a nicer place. I'm trying to be positive about it. I didn't ever intend on staying there forever.

Do you know, or can you find out who the landlord is?

Phone him/her every time there's a problem.
Yes I have his telephone number and email address. I had been bugging him non stop via email and through phone to get this matter dealt with.

He communicated at first but then stopped responding entirely. As per the tenants he doesn't speak English and the relative that did told me I had no right to complain because they have children. At which point I snapped and told him I have every right when the structure shudders with the impact of what sounds like someone jumping off furniture and bouncing balls off walls.I didn't realise you had a VIP pass to make as much noise as you like if that was the case.

The landlord (and relative) are absolute w@nkers for lack of a better term. It seems they may have experience of doing this to people and the agenda being to force me out to buy my flat. They already own flats in the building and I've heard in the surrounding area.

Yes I have his telephone number and email address. I had been bugging him non stop via email and through phone to get this matter dealt with.

He communicated at first but then stopped responding entirely. As per the tenants he doesn't speak English and the relative that did told me I had no right to complain because they have children. At which point I snapped and told him I have every right when the structure shudders with the impact of what sounds like someone jumping off furniture and bouncing balls off walls.I didn't realise you had a VIP pass to make as much noise as you like if that was the case.

The landlord (and relative) are absolute w@nkers for lack of a better term. It seems they may have experience of doing this to people and the agenda being to force me out to buy my flat. They already own flats in the building and I've heard in the surrounding area.
Use his email in reply tae all the spam yi get and put his number in them all tae.

Use his email in reply tae all the spam yi get and put his number in them all tae.
I have a few ideas up my sleeve but I need to bide my time for now. :devilishy:

This thread has been viewed 12403 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50