Noisey F$#*ING Neighbours

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Alot louder than the mic on my phone has picked up. A small sample of what I'm dealing with.
Obviously, it must be loud if you've posted it but with my laptop volume up to 100% I couldn't hear a thing.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Obviously, it must be loud if you've posted it but with my laptop volume up to 100% I couldn't hear a thing.
Don't think it works very well on a PC strangely. Sent it to mates on WhatsApp and they could hear no problems. Might get a mic to plug into my phone.

Reactions: Dub

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
So the council noise complaints handler has told me they need at least two pieces of evidence that noise is occurring from the address above me. But wait for it... and this is the most ridiculous part, none of which I am able to supply directly! You honestly couldn't make this up. So regardless of the countless audio and video recordings, one of which directly outside their home (you can hear noise in stair) it apparently is completely irrelevant. I can't even send anything on via email because the council block emails with attachments.

It's been referred on to the landlord registrations team (landlord might not be registered). Something I could have actually done myself had I been told this was the route to follow weeks ago. I think the noise complaints team are hoping something will happen here although they haven't actually come out and said it.

I have spoken to the landlord and the guy is a complete &%%##$. His response was they have children, I can't tell them again to make less noise. Totally shunned me telling to get his floor joists sorted as the floor squeaks like hell above me so he goes and puts wooden flooring in place to amplify the noise more.

I managed to speak to one of my neighbours who lives above the offending household that confirmed the noise is bad and they sympathise with me living below. They have offered their support in speaking to the council but I'm not sure if this will be enough.

I may try 101 again and just not mention kids running about. The problem is when the police actually arrive will they be able to hear/observe what is happening or will it miraculously have stopped... If an actual case is logged with the police the council are able to start to progress things.

Up to now I think the council have communicated the whole process of a noise complaint extremely poorly and when I started to question the timescales and what I'm supposed to do the handler becomes very rude and abrupt telling me they have to go as they have something else to do now. I wasn't rude at all, I asked them basic questions which should have been answered when they first contacted me.

I'm thinking about sending this to the Evening News to cover. I work 45+ hours a week and have a bunch of freeloaders above me who may not even be legally authorised to be living there as the landlord isn't registered.

I'm having real difficulties concentrating on my work. Finishing each day with a headache is fast becoming the norm as is constant tiredness. The schools are back next week but I fear I'm going to have 6 weeks of this come Summer which isn't that far away.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Keep a diary of the timeline - it helps a lot to have evidence of what has happened when and what you’ve done
Thanks I'll piece together a timeline with a summary of events to date. I didn't think about my local MP, that maybe a good shout. Thanks P&G.

I'm sure the original person from noise complaints I spoke with before I was assigned a case handler sent this on to landlord registrations to investigation (about 3-4 weeks ago). They've emailed again them again the past week and I've also contacted them but you get no form of acknowledgement.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Thanks I'll piece together a timeline with a summary of events to date. I didn't think about my local MP, that maybe a good shout. Thanks P&G.

I'm sure the original person from noise complaints I spoke with before I was assigned a case handler sent this on to landlord registrations to investigation (about 3-4 weeks ago). They've emailed again them again the past week and I've also contacted them but you get no form of acknowledgement.
Local councillor would be my first port of call.
They're more likely to have dealt with these situations previously and, they're more likely to visit when the racket is going on.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Phoned 101 2hrs ago and given an incident number. Person I spoke with was surprisingly much better than the ignorant tw@t I spoke with before. Encouraged me to phone every time the noise is happening. Seemed quite understanding and empathetic too. As you've probably guessed no sign of the police and the noise has now ceased. Possibly gone out. Not sure how long I waited for the police? How long do I waited before phoning again?

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
The police visited today and another incident number for the collection. As suspected as soon as they turn up it goes silent and then kicks off after they leave.

I explained to the officers quite clear, the issue is flooring and an out of control child where the parents don't actually actually do their job and tell it to behave in the house. Played them some recorded noise to demonstrate how ridiculous the situation is. They went up and discovered the floor is indeed as bad as I described it. Squeak squeak squeak. Apparently it's all uneven, the issue is also the joists as well which have probably not been changed since the 60's. The police kind of reluctantly took the landlords details for the offending flat but I doubt the guy will answer.

I think my next stop is my local MP. The Council are supposed to have contacted landlord registration on March 12th and last week about an unregistered landlord. Nothing seems to be happening. Secondly their noise team are doing absolutely nothing other than make me feel I'm making a fuss about nothing and it's living noise. I've just got to keep calling 101 each time now.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Changing joists isn't really a regular part of building maintenance.
I don't think the issue is flooring.

Just how fat are the kids?

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Changing joists isn't really a regular part of building maintenance.
I don't think the issue is flooring.

Just how fat are the kids?
The Police officer described it as walking across a rusty trampoline. What the landlords gone and done is laid new lamented flooring over the top of it after being told there's something not right. If it's not the joists what can it be? It squeaked with the last guy in there too.

The fat kid actually isn't the problem. It's the one that's about 7 that runs everywhere aside from it has to go to school funnily enough. So I know it is capable of walking!

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Really depends on the type of flooring. If it's 'floating flooring' for instance...... might need some boards replaced. Laminated flooring laid on top would make no difference (as you've discovered!)
I doubt it's something that would be cheap to fix, if it's really a physical building defect.
Since the problem only arose with the present occupants (if I recall correctly) I'd say the flooring isn't really the issue, it's the occupants.
Laminate flooring is frowned upon in many buildings with neighbours 'downstairs' because it basically turns the floor into a feckin drumskin.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
It will be floorboards, no the joists. The joists are usually solid between up and down houses. Probs been rewired or the heating done and the lifting boards no put back down right.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here