Noisey F$#*ING Neighbours

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £65.00

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I had a new family move in above me at the tail end of last year but all of sudden kids seem to have arrived out of the blue and with it the noise has started. Six people crammed into a 2 bedroom flat it seems.

I've been up to talk to them only to find they don't speak a word of English. I then posted a letter, surprisingly got an acknowledgement back apologising and blaming no school for the children's mischief as they labelled it. So they understood some of what I was trying to tell them but the noise continues... They've done nothing other than acknowledge they're in the wrong and continue on as if they have no responsibility as parents.

The problem I have is I work from home and I'm having to listen to kids running along the floor constantly for most of the day and evening. It's starting to impact my work as I can't concentrate on even the simple tasks when I have excessive noise in the background. Oh but that's just kids and normal household noise. Definitely not, you're taught at school and by decent parents not to run indoors. A constant barrage of banging, thumping and clomping around with loud conversations. If I'm lucky I might get an hour from 6pm and then they're back to life causing noise until midnight or past then in some cases.

My only option seems to be reporting this to the council and trying to find out who the landlord is but I have no idea how to do the latter. I've been recording the noise while my ceiling shakes above me. I have a 120w guitar amp I'm tempted to crank up to max but I fear I'll never get out of this situation if I did that. And of course I'm the one that'd be billed as the bad guy in this...

Unfortunately it's not an option for me just to up and move. I own my home but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it. Anyone have any similar experiences and how was it resolved in the end? Thanks.

davhfc

Just A Radge
When the kids go to bed make lots of noise, play loud sweary music during the day. The will soon be down to talk.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Have you asked them who their landlord is? You could make up some crap excuse about a common repair or stair cleaning.

Have you tried a Google search on your address? I'm looking for a house just now and do a search on any prospective address. You'd be surprised at the old, some really old, adverts that are not removed. You might find the rent advert for the house in question and therefore the landlord.

A cost option might be doing a search at Meadowbank House, Registers of Scotland I think it's called. I'm not sure how much it is.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Have you asked them who their landlord is? You could make up some crap excuse about a common repair or stair cleaning.

Have you tried a Google search on your address? I'm looking for a house just now and do a search on any prospective address. You'd be surprised at the old, some really old, adverts that are not removed. You might find the rent advert for the house in question and therefore the landlord.

A cost option might be doing a search at Meadowbank House, Registers of Scotland I think it's called. I'm not sure how much it is.
Yeah first question I asked was are you renting. Do you pay rent. No response other thank a blank look on the mugs of the people that answered. I'm 99.9% certain they are renting. No for sale signs up recently. I know who the owner is I just don't have any contact details for her.

The Google search was the first thing I tried. Usually there is a posting of the old property ad and absolutely nothing comes back. I'm assuming it's been done privately.

I've contacted the factor to see if they can contact the owner and I've just sent the council a message.

Sod having to put up with this indefinitely, still clunking around above me at this time. At least some of these posts have given me a chuckle.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Sorely tempted if I could get away with it... :22:

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I would just keep on at them every time the noise is above acceptable. Phone the council and the police, keep at it , they will send someone round.
It may be that the landlord is not totally legit in their practices, hence why their was no official to let trail. Good luck, sounds a nightmare .

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I would just keep on at them every time the noise is above acceptable. Phone the council and the police, keep at it , they will send someone round.
It may be that the landlord is not totally legit in their practices, hence why their was no official to let trail. Good luck, sounds a nightmare .
Thanks for your advice. The last time I went up they didn't answer the door but I could hear them talking in their hall. I phoned the police 101 line and they were useless. The adviser was a patronising twat to put it mildly palming it off as standard household noise and kids will be kids. Yeah thank you, will update on here when I hear from the council.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Alot louder than the mic on my phone has picked up. A small sample of what I'm dealing with.

Attachments

• Voice 009_sd.mp3
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Thanks for your advice. The last time I went up they didn't answer the door but I could hear them talking in their hall. I phoned the police 101 line and they were useless. The adviser was a patronising twat to put it mildly palming it off as standard household noise and kids will be kids. Yeah thank you, will update on here when I hear from the council.
Next time you phone, go down the its.destroying my mental health, I'm afraid I might do something stupid to myself of them. Lay it on thick, nobody should have to live under they circumstances.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I'm absolutely appalled by the level of response from the council from an individual that considers themselves a 'team leader'. I'm not going to profess to being the best at communication but I feel I presented my case pretty well. The council have ducked and dived to avoid the matter as much as possible trying to send me to 101 and the factor who are not the landlord. The council tried to infer I'm providing duff evidence - they can't hear it on their computer and that they can't use it as evidence anyway as "it could have been taken it from anywhere". Yes because I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time... I might upload some of the responses later in time.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Next time you phone, go down the its.destroying my mental health, I'm afraid I might do something stupid to myself of them. Lay it on thick, nobody should have to live under they circumstances.
Even if they send police no doubt the noise would miraculously have stopped by time they arrive 2 hours later and I'm accused of stomping my feet on the floor to gain attention with recordings which are not trustworthy.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here