• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet

One of the very few positives of this transfer window has been that we have kept Nisbet, Doig and Porteous.

One of the very few positives of this transfer window has been that we have kept Nisbet, Doig and Porteous.

Its four positives, not one, we have kept Boyler, Nisbet, Doig and Porteous.

Galatasaray interested, Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough also showing an interest.

If he goes he should stay the fuck out of Turkey.

Dont care where he goes, as long as hibs get paid...

Somebody somewhere had a word in his shell like last widow when he pulled out the Millwall deal . That says to me , he will sit tight for another season then one of the bigots will pick him up for heehaw. Or they will offer 30 bob and one of their donkeys in the summer .
I don't think he will cut it at a higher level , but he certainly will earn more money . He certainly wouldn't get near the smelly team.

Dont care where he goes, as long as hibs get paid...
That's why he should stay away from Turkey.

Turkey was on the FIFA list of countries to avoid. Stevie Mallan wasn't getting paid which led to him leaving and signing for Salford.

I'm not convinced Nisbet will get a game if he signs down south. Potentially end up rotting on the sidelines. If he's on form at Hibs he'll get the Scotland call ups.

Seemingly a fair amount of scouts watching him yesterday.

Seemingly a fair amount of scouts watching him yesterday.
Allegedly Bristol City, Blackburn and Millwall.

Allegedly Bristol City, Blackburn and Millwall.
I'm not so sure they'd have left that impressed TBH. Yesterday he had chances to do much better.

I'm not so sure they'd have left that impressed TBH. Yesterday he had chances to do much better.

I think they’d have been impressed. His overall game was excellent yesterday.

I think they’d have been impressed. His overall game was excellent yesterday.
Worked his socks off. Good movement.

However, missed a sitter and a few feeble shots. There's an argument to be made that his poor efforts gave us an uncomfortable last 15 mins.

I think Kevin Nisbet is a good scottish premier league striker and that's about it.
I'm just not convinced he could shine at a higher level than what we play at.
He works hard, has some good link up play and (occasionally) finishes well.
For me, Van Veen is just as good if not better a striker than Nisbet....that goal he scored yesterday for Motherwell was fantastic.
Hibs will sell Nisbet in the summer as we don't want another Ryan Porteous situation happening again, and i'm sure he wants to leave in the summer anyway, but Hibs should have long been aware of this and already have their eye on a suitable replacement. If they haven't then they are not doing their job properly.

Last edited:
I thought they would have been impressed with him up front on his own yesterday but scoring a goal would have been the cherry on top.

I thought as a lonely striker he put a lot work in yesterday and as @Jack K said a goal would have been the icing on the cake. Hopefully that comes next week against the Sheep.

I think Kevin Nisbet is a good scottish premier league striker and that's about it.
For me, Van Veen is just as good if not better a striker than Nisbet....that goal he scored yesterday for Motherwell was fantastic.
Hibs will sell Nisbet in the summer as we don't want another Ryan Porteous situation happening again, and i'm sure Nisbet wants to leave in the summer anyway, but Hibs should have long been aware of this and already have their eye on a suitable replacement. If they haven't then they are not doing their job properly.
If we well Nisbet in the summer I'd be happy for us to try and get Van Veen in. Been impressed by him his season

I think Kevin Nisbet is a good premier league striker and that's about it.
Hibs will sell Nisbet in the summer as we don't want another Ryan Porteous situation happening again, and i'm sure Nisbet wants to leave in the summer anyway, but Hibs should be aware of this and already have their eye on a suitable replacement. If they haven't then they are not doing their job properly.
He will leave a big gap in our team next season. 10 goals in 15 games this season is heavy duty striking.
I think he is the best striker outside the Old Firm and I can see him in the English Championship.
At 26, a £4 million striker who is easily worth £2 million with only a season left on his contract especially if here is competition for his signature. The first payment will give us a good chunk of recruitment money including the £400k to take up our option on Youan.

Van Veen will be 32 in less than a month and still has a year left on his contract so Motherwell will be looking for a decent fee for him.
At 32, I can't see Hibs wanting to pay decent money for Van Veen when he will have no resale value.

We will lose attackers Nisbet, Kukharevych and Hoppe in the summer and that will leave us Boyle, Youan, Melkerson, McKirdy plus Laidlaw and O'Connor if they sign new contracts.

If we well Nisbet in the summer I'd be happy for us to try and get Van Veen in. Been impressed by him his season
Yes, I would like him too, however I doubt if he leaves Motherwell he will be staying in Scotland.
The question is , how did Motherwell manage to get him ?
If a club that size can source a striker of that quality, then we can as well.
The key thing is to find players at smaller clubs where you can spot their talent and see the quality before others.
That takes hard work and good "on the ground" scouting. Something like what we used to have and hopefully our new DOF Brian McDermott can establish again.
We done it with John McGinn....we should have done it with Leigh Griffiths. By the time the clamour came for us to sign "one of our own" it was too late, he was in English football and beyond us.

Yes, I would like him too, however I doubt if he leaves Motherwell he will be staying in Scotland.
The question is , how did Motherwell manage to get him ?
If a club that size can source a striker of that quality, then we can as well.
The key thing is to find players at smaller clubs where you can spot their talent and see the quality before others.
That takes hard work and good "on the ground" scouting. Something like what we used to have and hopefully our new DOF Brian McDermott can establish again.
We done it with John McGinn....we should have done it with Leigh Griffiths. By the time the clamour came for us to sign "one of our own" it was too late, he was in English football and beyond us.
Van Veens 8 seasons in lower league English football before he came to Scotland were nothing special.
This season is easily the best of his career. He has scored 23 goals for Motherwell this season which is more than twice what he scored last season.

No chance we would get him.

No chance we would get him.
If we bank some cash from the Nisbet sale, ask the question. We're a step up from Motherwell, and he's proved he can do it in this league. As someone pointed out though, unlikely we'd pay a decent wedge of cash on a player with virtually zero resale potential

Meant to add, especially if we make Europe too.

I actually hope he fucks off in the summer. Doesn't really want to be here. I'd be happy if we reinvested the money into Kukharevych. I think he's actually a better player than Nisbet.

Reactions: DAM
I actually hope he fucks off in the summer. Doesn't really want to be here. I'd be happy if we reinvested the money into Kukharevych. I think he's actually a better player than Nisbet.

Kukhareyvch is a good player but has missed far too many games with injury. If Nisbet had been sold in January we’d be fucked right now, can’t have our main striker being injury prone.

Magennis has played more games than Kukharevych this season so best left alone.

I actually hope he doesny like?! He’s one of our best players, offers a genuine threat and goals. It’ll cost us to replace. Aye it’s gonna happen eventually but naw I don’t wish our best players fuckin vanishing.

Nisbet clearly doesn’t like playing for Hibs too much.
For that reason he needs to go.
Good player. Not got the character required for a Hibernian great.
Thanks for the memories

He has real talent, but wants to get as far as he can in the game, as quickly as he can. He started banging them in for Raith and left quickly for Dunfermline. He then jumped to us rapid. Incidentally, he has played most times for us than any other team; by a distance. Played for us more than double the next side.

I would like him to stay but he's never signing a new deal. I hope we get a wedge for him in the summer - and I will wish him well.

Nisbet clearly doesn’t like playing for Hibs too much.
For that reason he needs to go.
Good player. Not got the character required for a Hibernian great.
Thanks for the memories
skysports-kevin-nisbet-hibernian_6122082.jpg

Doesn't like 🥴

He likes scoring goals.

He likes scoring goals.
For Hibs 😎

Magennis has played more games than Kukharevych this season so best left alone.

Fair point. Your math right though?

Magennis 13
Kukharevych 15

He put a great shift in on Saturday and looked happy to be here, or did he put a great shift in because he's realised that's the only way he's going to get a move?

He put a great shift in on Saturday and looked happy to be here, or did he put a great shift in because he's realised that's the only way he's going to get a move?

He's got previous for pouting and wanting away. If a player wants away, I'd rather we sort out the move and have a player that wants to play for the club, without one foot out the door.

My guess is the move he was offered in January wasn't the step up he envisioned.
So now he's hungry and earning a better move.

I don’t care what motivates him as long as he's motivated, I loved him in the first 5 months, loathed him for the next however many. No prizes for guessing what caused the change in performance.

Can clearly play, but when he chucks it he's not good to watch.

If he's still here next season it's because his path hasn't panned out, if that's the case then I've no idea what Nisbet returns.
If he's after his move, give him it. He's trying to earn it.

I think he is a cert to be targeted by sevco. Apparently his leanings are to the smellies , but he ain't getting near their team and their manager won't particularly like His attitude .
Sevco could probably get him for half a million and one of the duds they no longer want . Hibs know they will have a player on their hands who dosent really want to be here , can sign for someone in the new year and I reckon they will take the first offer almost, so they know their budget.
I don't think his level is much higher than the spl anyway .
There is something about his attitude that just dosent sit well with me ( and not just me ) Its hard to put your finger on it , cause he does kinda put in a shift , you just get the impression he could do more . I also get the impression he isn't exactly Mr popular in the dressing room , but that might be my imagination .

I think he is a cert to be targeted by sevco. Apparently his leanings are to the smellies , but he ain't getting near their team and their manager won't particularly like His attitude .
Sevco could probably get him for half a million and one of the duds they no longer want . Hibs know they will have a player on their hands who dosent really want to be here , can sign for someone in the new year and I reckon they will take the first offer almost, so they know their budget.
I don't think his level is much higher than the spl anyway .
There is something about his attitude that just dosent sit well with me ( and not just me ) Its hard to put your finger on it , cause he does kinda put in a shift , you just get the impression he could do more . I also get the impression he isn't exactly Mr popular in the dressing room , but that might be my imagination .

I believe the Hun manager said he wasn’t interested in the Scottish market, so can’t see him moving there.

Magennis 13
Kukharevych 15
Bloody wikipedia :giggley:
Need to use a transfermkt in future.

• Haha
Reactions: JFP
It was close but no cigar

This thread has been viewed 56280 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50