• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet

A short while ago i`d have shaken Celtc's hand off to get Griffiths back. Not now. He's a mess and a mess we don't need, imo.
He's worth nothing to Celtc. They are absolutely fucking desperate to get shot of him so are using his Hibs connection to try and bribe us into handing Nisbet over to them on the cheap. If Celtc want Nissy then they can pay us what we want for him and they can pap Griffiths off to Inverness or Ayr fucking Utd or wherever.

Play celtc at their own game. £8m up front with add ons or go away. They hate when the English clubs belittle them with terrible offers. They greet their eyes oot over the shoddy bids yet expect clubs in Scotland to accept the very same garbage from them!! Them and their meeja mates along with their partners in crime still do their dirty work through the rags.
They will probably value LG about £3m and offer us £1.5m with LG, thats how these tramps minds work. Big Ron should come out and state it… get tae feck ya tramps, ye canny afford him

Sooner or later we are going to lose Nisbet, of that there is absolutely no doubt.
A decent wedge , 4 million is probably realistic, and Griffiths is probably about as good as we would get. If there is one place where Griffiths might get back to somewhere close to his best , I think it’s here. Don’t forget, he is superb goal scorer and I always thought his work rate was spot on.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some sort of gentleman's agreement in place with Nisbet and he may well move. I think a half fit Griffiths would still be sent for us but each to there own.

*good

Hibernian should be looking for a minimum of £6m up front plus add ons/sell on percentage for Kevin Nisbet.

If Celtic are willing to pay then fair enough, but I don’t want Leigh Griffiths involved in any deal. I don’t think his work rate and movement would suit our style of play, I’d rather we looked for younger hungry players.
What they'll realistically look to offer... Griffiths swap plus £400,000. They can Usain Bolt. Another season like last and the English clubs will be queuing up.

A short while ago i`d have shaken Celtc's hand off to get Griffiths back. Not now. He's a mess and a mess we don't need, imo.
He's worth nothing to Celtc. They are absolutely fucking desperate to get shot of him so are using his Hibs connection to try and bribe us into handing Nisbet over to them on the cheap. If Celtc want Nissy then they can pay us what we want for him and they can pap Griffiths off to Inverness or Ayr fucking Utd or wherever.
Not for Nisbet. Griffiths has barely played the past 2-3 years. They can GTF.

Going by what @Doc Shrink posted I think Griffiths is part of the deal

Sounds like it but I hope no!

I would love Hibs to come out and say we have no interest in signing Griffiths.

Sounds like it but I hope no!

Big gamble for us, didn’t knuckle down when the Scotland team were getting ready for the Euros, or he could come here and get fit with the correct attitude and score us loads of goals, or should we wait and get him for free when they will release him from his contract as he is clearly finished with them

So we’re going to trade a proven international striker for a former international with a recent history of a loss of focus and extra curricular activities? No thanks. That said I’d be happy to see Leigh back here to rehabilitate his reputation but not on these terms.

I should have added that if I was Nissy I wouldn’t trade my starting position at Hibs for one as a bench warmer at Celtic - he just needs to ask Scotty how that went.

Celtic manager didn't deny interest when asked today so I'd expect something in the week ahead.

I dont see Leigh turning his life and career around coming back here.
Hes just not the same hungry laddie anymore.

We definitely don't need the out of football drama.

Neil Lennon might be a prick and have went too far with Leigh, but there's still a reason for it. We don't need someone who used to be good, maybe possibly finding half of that impact coming in.
We need someone who wants to go places and sees us as the place to get on that train.

I dont see Leigh turning his life and career around coming back here.
Hes just not the same hungry laddie anymore.

We definitely don't need the out of football drama.

Neil Lennon might be a prick and have went too far with Leigh, but there's still a reason for it. We don't need someone who used to be good, maybe possibly finding half of that impact coming in.
We need someone who wants to go places and sees us as the place to get on that train.
I'd sign him if he was a free agent but it would be a HUGELY performance related contract.

He should not be ONE PENNY though towards the valuation of Kevin Nisbet.

Any offer should be a completely separate transaction.

Last edited:
I'd sign him if he was a free agent but it would be a HUGELY performance related contract.

He should not be ONE PENNY though towards the valuation of Scott Nisbet.

Any offer should be a completely separate transaction.

Kevin 😁
Agree with that though, Leigh doesn't hold any transfer weight in this deal other than a love or nostalgia, which is for supporters, not the team.

I'm no in with the Griffiths love in - I support Hibernian FC not a Celtic player

They will probably value LG about £3m and offer us £1.5m with LG,
That`s exactly what they`ll be at. We`d end up with a player who has serious issues and could go off on one at any moment, Ron gets a pocketful of loose change and they get one of Scotland's best young talents and a player potentially worth tens of millions in the future sitting on their bench.
Fuck that deal.

Hibs should keep well clear of Griffiths

Kevin 😁
Agree with that though, Leigh doesn't hold any transfer weight in this deal other than a love or nostalgia, which is for supporters, not the team.
🤣 No idea how that happened! If he leaves he's Scott!

There is no doubt a fit Leigh Griffiths is a real player. We wouldn't be getting a fit Leigh Griffiths tho, we;d be getting a player who has recurring problems with his calves and struggles to stay fit over the past 2 seasons. Thats without considering any other drawbacks.

Not only that we'd be losing a superb player, who may go on to be worth double or treble the 4-5 million we are after. I see no benefits in the rumoured deal for Hibs tbh. It could get messy now if Nisbet allows himself to be unsettled by the press speculation so yould hope we get interest from down South.

That`s exactly what they`ll be at. We`d end up with a player who has serious issues and could go off on one at any moment, Ron gets a pocketful of loose change and they get one of Scotland's best young talents and a player potentially worth tens of millions in the future sitting on their bench.
Fuck that deal.
Tbf Ron wouldn’t accept that imo, nowhere near it. But the tramps would defo try it

Tbf Ron wouldn’t accept that imo, nowhere near it. But the tramps would defo try it
I think we`re lucky in that we have an 'owner' who hasn`t been brought up in the 'Glasgow clubs get what they want, when they want it, for whatever they decide to pay for it' culture. Even with the inevitable media circus trying to help get him punted along the M8, I remain hopeful that we tell them to fucking bolt.

Be gutted to lose Nisbet. I'd love to see LG back at Hibs. He's still got a lot to offer.

However, I don't think he's at all a tradeable asset for Celtc. So the deal for Nisbet would need to be a transaction for him alone. And for me it's £4 million minimum.

My caveat to that deal would be them loaning Griffith's to us and them paying his contract. If not then GTF.

I feel it's inevitable this window or January Nisbet a Celtic fan ends up there.
Griffiths is toxic.
Don't want him anywhere near our club

Celtic won’t pay what we want for Nisbet. They wouldn’t pay for mcginn and they certainly won’t cough up for Nisbet the way we are now ran.
if LG comes here it shouldn’t be part of any deal. Although I would take him on a deal within itself, if we could get him back settled here we could 100% get the best back out of him.

Last edited:
Has he been disruptive previously?
I have no recollection of any problems , but my memory is pretty shit.
Apart from his mental health issues I thought he'd been 'sent home' previously plus the recent controversy I just don't think that's what we or probably any club would want getting mixed up with.

Sooner or later we are going to lose Nisbet, of that there is absolutely no doubt.
A decent wedge , 4 million is probably realistic, and Griffiths is probably about as good as we would get. If there is one place where Griffiths might get back to somewhere close to his best , I think it’s here. Don’t forget, he is superb goal scorer and I always thought his work rate was spot on.
Griff dragged the worst Hibs team in many a year along behind him. He's an obvious eejit but my God there's an exceptional talent in there. Now on reduced terms at Celtic but still thousands more a week than he'd get at the Hibees. Got to be a loan if he arrives now and a large fee for Nisbet. Griffiths may be a Hibee but he has only got one guaranteed year left on those wages. Would you give that up?

Griff dragged the worst Hibs team in many a year along behind him. He's an obvious eejit but my God there's an exceptional talent in there. Now on reduced terms at Celtic but still thousands more a week than he'd get at the Hibees. Got to be a loan if he arrives now and a large fee for Nisbet. Griffiths may be a Hibee but he has only got one guaranteed year left on those wages. Would you give that up?
If hes on pay as you plat as suggested, then he’s basically not giving anything up as it stands 🤷‍♂️ Btw i want LG nothing to do with any deal fir KN

If hes on pay as you plat as suggested, then he’s basically not giving anything up as it stands 🤷‍♂️ Btw i want LG nothing to do with any deal fir KN

He'll still be on some sort of basic wage, but largely propped up by an appearance fee, if pay as you pay is the deal.
Widely reported he was on 15k a week when he signed and when Sunderland popped up looking for a loan deal recently.

Even if it appearance based, I'd imagine his basic would still be pretty good, still got living costs whether he's playing or not. He might be daft, but his agent won't be.

Griffiths winner at Tynecastle on the 12th 👀

just been thinking if he is part of the deal and loan to start it has to be something like Murphy, loan with permanent at end but we can’t sign him on loan this season. We can’t go against Celtic until Xmas with zero strikers.

just been thinking if he is part of the deal and loan to start it has to be something like Murphy, loan with permanent at end but we can’t sign him on loan this season. We can’t go against Celtic until Xmas with zero strikers.

I always found it weird how we could agree a permanent deal with Murphy a season before his contract ran out.
Considering pre contract stuff isn't allowed until Jan.

Unless he said he wouldn't sign unless we promised him a year deal.

But Aberdeen got the same deal done with the sheep shagging hun eh? Even though they went permanent early through a sale to Hunco.

I dont want any cash offset with Leigh, I'd rather we got paid and returned with a peanuts offer.

Griffiths winner at Tynecastle on the 12th 👀

Nisbet winner at Tynefritzl, set up by Doig after Porto puts Boyce into orbit 👌

I think the smellies would come to some agreement with him regarding his wages. I just think if we are going to lose Nisbet, we need a striker pronto. LG is not a shabby stop gap. I think there are enough good influences around ER to help the guy out. And if he continues his capers, big Daz can have “a wee word” 😃

He'll still be on some sort of basic wage, but largely propped up by an appearance fee, if pay as you pay is the deal.
Widely reported he was on 15k a week when he signed and when Sunderland popped up looking for a loan deal recently.

Even if it appearance based, I'd imagine his basic would still be pretty good, still got living costs whether he's playing or not. He might be daft, but his agent won't be.
Yeah of course. Should’ve made it clearer, he wouldn’t be missing his big wage, you think his basic will be much higher than what we could realistically offer him? Im saying that as someone who feels fir the guy, although stupid cvnt that he is, we dont want that influence in our team imo

I always found it weird how we could agree a permanent deal with Murphy a season before his contract ran out.
Considering pre contract stuff isn't allowed until Jan.

Unless he said he wouldn't sign unless we promised him a year deal.

But Aberdeen got the same deal done with the sheep shagging hun eh? Even though they went permanent early through a sale to Hunco.

I dont want any cash offset with Leigh, I'd rather we got paid and returned with a peanuts offer.
I was thinking about this the other day.

I think it’s to do with avoiding paying a fee. and Rangers avoiding whatever payments clauses they might have if they sell.

I’d take Griffiths in a a minute but if we are playing 4-2-3-1 JR would be sectioned if he was to get into a position where LG was our first choice 1. No way would I trust LG.

Yeah of course. Should’ve made it clearer, he wouldn’t be missing his big wage, you think his basic will be much higher than what we could realistically offer him? Im saying that as someone who feels fir the guy, although stupid cvnt that he is, we dont want that influence in our team imo

I think his basic would be around the top of our current wage scale. I cant see him picking up less than say.. 4/5k?

I’d take Griffiths in a a minute but if we are playing 4-2-3-1 JR would be sectioned if he was to get into a position where LG was our first choice 1. No way would I trust LG.

This comment follows into my reply to Hattie.
I agree.
He would need to be one of our highest paid and if we can't trust or rely on him then we're just pissing money up the wall.

I like Leigh, the Leigh that dragged us through a season is arguably one of the best performing Hibs players in my lifetime and the only one that comes close to Riordan in striking a ball.

The Leigh thats kicking around now however...
Too many question marks and no guarantees he would ever get close to being that player again.

Shame, like the other mentioned, a wonderful talent that never made enough of it for reasons that had little to do with football and everything to do with attitude and professionalism. Among other nonsense.

Hopefully we do start Nissy tomorrow and don't do any of his head isn't in the right place nonsense.

Any deal which involves Nisbet leaving and Griffiths coming to Hibs would also have to sufficient enough for us to buy another striker. There's no way Griffiths would be available for every game. Probably every other game at best.

Any deal which involves Nisbet leaving and Griffiths coming to Hibs would also have to sufficient enough for us to buy another striker. There's no way Griffiths would be available for every game. Probably every other game at best.
Indeed. We would need to have enough cash to bring in another striker capable of scoring 18 goals a season as Nisbet did last term...if we don't we will be severely weakened and will be out of the running for third spot.

This thread has been viewed 55914 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back