• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet

1 club has opened dialogue with him from what I've been told.
Plus a few down south.

He’ll be in demand, there’s no doubt. He’s at an age where he can probably get one more lucrative deal, if that’s what he wants it won’t be in Scotland.

Had a day out with.. Kieran Tierney, David Turnbull, James Forrest and Greg Taylor.

Celtic connections, I know they're all scotland squad team mates now, but maybe a wee bit interesting that they're all Celtic boys. KT has obviously moved on, but he's still one of them.

Celtc will not pay anywhere near what HIBS want. Irrelevant of what we are asking

If he wants to leave then he can leave, he thinks he's better than what he is, probably some sort of gentleman's agreement in place id imagine.

Concrete Russian interest. A few speaking to his agent.

Reactions: Zab
What would we be happy with in terms of a fee? £4M+ seems to be the figure doing the rounds. And who should we go for as a replacement? Shankland?

What would we be happy with in terms of a fee? £4M+ seems to be the figure doing the rounds. And who should we go for as a replacement? Shankland?
I think Shankland could be a great shout. He's better than his goals ratio last season. Dundee United didn't play to his strengths. Even for a year then sell him at profit next summer....

We should be looking for £4 million up front + add ons. However, in the English market he's worth much more IMO.

Seems a no brainer to sell Nisbet and get Shankland in. Profit plus another good potential striker.

Hibs turned down offers in January for Nisbet as the money offered and terms of payment were unacceptable, and he was too important to our season to let go half way through it. A blind man could see that he was wanting to leave Hibs even back then, as evidenced by two separate transfer requests on the last day of the transfer window only four months into his 4 year contract, so we just have to get the highest price for him now...and as quickly as possible. He had a great first season with Hibs in terms of goals, but for me he is far from the finished article and flopped big time in the big games when we really needed him to turn up and produce the goods. It's a pity we won't get to see him play, but that's the way it is in football.

I would be surprised if Shankland was being considered as a replacement as (a) he is an out and out hun and with the exception of Celtic, Hibs are probably the last club he would want to play for, and (b) he is on bloated wages at Dundee United, something they were willing to countenance to ensure his goals got them promotion. They will have expected to have sold him on by now to recoup their outlay, however he had a bad injury which kept him out for months, and then the pandemic hit. I know he is somewhat unproven in the top league, however I agree with those who rate him. I do as well, I just think it is unlikely he will end up at Hibs.

We do definitely need to replace Nisbet though, with a striker who will give us the same amount of goals as he did. We also either (a) need to keep Jamie Gullan as a third choice striker, or (b) bring in another striker to compete with Doidge and whoever replaces Nisbet. We definitely need three strikers competing for places, even Ross admitted at the AGM he probably made a mistake letting Gullan go out on loan in January without securing a replacement.

Last edited:
I dont want Shankland.
As GM says, he's outrageously overpaid at United and I actually think he's over rated. Not that he's not a good player, but I dont think he'd set the world on fire here.

I dont want Shankland.
As GM says, he's outrageously overpaid at United and I actually think he's over rated. Not that he's not a good player, but I dont think he'd set the world on fire here.

Indeed.
Plus he's weird looking. That forehead.......
reminds me of someone.

1625485689677.png

When Nesbit leaves I would definitely consider Shankland. I think he is very similar to Nesbit in many ways. It would make sense to move for him. Knows the route to goal and importantly can score different types of goals. He is a good player.

I dont want Shankland.

I’m not sure about Shankland, he’s better than he showed in that very defensive Dundee United side last season. Same goes for Marc McNulty who spent most games stuck way out wide.

think it’s looking like we’ll be playing with one main striker, now despite common misconceptions that isn’t a negative way to play if we actually get bodies forward. But what it does mean is that whoever is going to be our main striker, they have to be comfortable and capable of playing without a strike partner.

I’m not sure about Shankland, he’s better than he showed in that very defensive Dundee United side last season. Same goes for Marc McNulty who spent most games stuck way out wide.

think it’s looking like we’ll be playing with one main striker, now despite common misconceptions that isn’t a negative way to play if we actually get bodies forward. But what it does mean is that whoever is going to be our main striker, they have to be comfortable and capable of playing without a strike partner.

I'd agree with how it looks like we'll be playing too.
Alot of that will depend on build up play, if we're gonna hit the wings and put balls across the face, or through balls so we can cut inside and use the wingers as supporting forwards, then you can realistically use any poacher and get results.

With Shankland though, I think Dundee are still looking for £M's
Given their output on him, thats all they can hope for without incurring a huge loss. Plus topping up his wages, I dont think he's worth that kind of money to us.

I don't have an alternative option in my head right now, but we can find a goalscorer for less than that, im fairly positive.

There is a lack of pure goalscorers outside of Glasgow in our leagues just now though.

I'd agree with how it looks like we'll be playing too.
Alot of that will depend on build up play, if we're gonna hit the wings and put balls across the face, or through balls so we can cut inside and use the wingers as supporting forwards, then you can realistically use any poacher and get results.

With Shankland though, I think Dundee are still looking for £M's
Given their output on him, thats all they can hope for without incurring a huge loss. Plus topping up his wages, I dont think he's worth that kind of money to us.

I don't have an alternative option in my head right now, but we can find a goalscorer for less than that, im fairly positive.

There is a lack of pure goalscorers outside of Glasgow in our leagues just now though.
I think he only has a year to run at United so transfer fee wise we could maybe offer something like 400-500K perhaps with add ons if we sell Nisbet for 4-5 mill. Shankland has had injury problems and has had an okay season so I don't think they can demand a higher fee with what time he has left and recent form.

I think he only has a year to run at United so transfer fee wise we could maybe offer something like 400-500K perhaps with add ons if we sell Nisbet for 4-5 mill. Shankland has had injury problems and has had an okay season so I don't think they can demand a higher fee with what time he has left and recent form.

I would hope our Recruitment team deliver a much better replacement than Shankland.

Tbf I didn't know his contract was out, they won't be keeping him past this season if that's the case.

Could be a bit more interesting.

Just the flute toting orange Lodge nonsense for me to get over next... 😆 (rumoured on here at least)

I would hope our Recruitment team deliver a much better replacement than Shankland.

Any names to pull out a hat?
Cause I'm actually struggling to think of anyone young and capable.

Do we give Gullan a serious chance this season?

Any names to pull out a hat?
Cause I'm actually struggling to think of anyone young and capable.

Do we give Gullan a serious chance this season?

I don’t think Ross likes Gullan and can see him being punted out on loan again sadly, I liked the look of Gullan, direct and not feared to run at defenders etc.

In Scotland I cannot think of anyone apart from Griffiths of course but surely we stretch our radar to further a field, would be good to get another Benji.

Not seen or heard much about Doidge.

I don’t think Ross likes Gullan and can see him being punted out on loan again sadly, I liked the look of Gullan, direct and not feared to run at defenders etc.

In Scotland I cannot think of anyone apart from Griffiths of course but surely we stretch our radar to further a field, would be good to get another Benji.

Unfortunately Brexshit reduces our ability to pull off such moves.

I think Doidge will be here for the duration, but I do worry about 12-18 game barren spells.

Id still take Cummings back. Reckon that wee radge still has plenty to offer.

There's bound to be young goalscorers in England capable of stepping up. I wouldn't be against taking a punt on someone playing further afield either, but settling players from European leagues into Scottish football isn't always a given.

Unfortunately Brexshit reduces our ability to pull off such moves.

And this

I think Doidge will be here for the duration, but I do worry about 12-18 game barren spells.

Id still take Cummings back. Reckon that wee radge still has plenty to offer.

There's bound to be young goalscorers in England capable of stepping up. I wouldn't be against taking a punt on someone playing further afield either, but settling players from European leagues into Scottish football isn't always a given.

I would love Cummings back he would bring a togetherness in the dressing room, yeah a proven young striker maybe the route we go down from England as @Bossie said Brexit has ruined European players to come here.

Doidge wasn’t in the whole squad against Dunfermline which I thought was strange and I haven’t seen anything mentioned as to why he was missing.

Gullan is 22 with a year on his contract and very little to suggest he’ll be full time at the end of it.

I don’t get why we hang on to players for this long if we aren’t going to give them a chance.

Gullan is 22 with a year on his contract and very little to suggest he’ll be full time at the end of it.

I don’t get why we hang on to players for this long if we aren’t going to give them a chance.

I'd imagine a lot of it is the player maximising their chance to make money.

From their point of view, going to Raith on a loan while on a Hibs wage is more desirable than taking their contract?

Liam Delap plays for Manchester City U23 squad gets really good reviews, Fast and scores for fun, top goal scorer in that league. Would be a loan only as I couldn’t see Manchester City letting him go.

Me too , Championship player in my opinion

Tbf I didn't know his contract was out, they won't be keeping him past this season if that's the case.

Could be a bit more interesting.

Just the flute toting orange Lodge nonsense for me to get over next... 😆 (rumoured on here at least)
Ivan Sproule I'm sure had similar background. Eventually some grow up out of it or educate themselves....

Some go the other way on broken glass....

Ivan Sproule I'm sure had similar background. Eventually some grow up out of it or educate themselves....

Some go the other way on broken glass....

Thats fair

Doidge wasn’t in the whole squad against Dunfermline which I thought was strange and I haven’t seen anything mentioned as to why he was missing.

Not involved today either 🤷‍♂️

Doig and Doidge rumoured to have tested positive for Covid.

Doig I heard was a contact, necer heard bout Doidge.
Cheers

Doig and halberg arrived at training camp today…noticed in pic doig now has the number 3

Duck n Dodge never worked then

Not involved today either 🤷‍♂️

Seemingly Doig & Hallberg were seen today but still no Doidge.

Seemingly Doig & Hallberg were seen today but still no Doidge.

Screenshot_20210706-143731_Twitter.jpg

Not back yet, seen a wee report alongside saying he's not been back at all yet.

Sounds like an isolation job, probably went to watch Wales or visit family down south and been exposed.
If he's not back in the next couple of days however...

Seemingly Brighton have bided 25 million for Edouard, got a feeling they will come in for Nisbet if it happens, see Griffiths could a lot bad attention from their support on Saturday against West Ham too.

Seemingly Brighton have bided 25 million for Edouard, got a feeling they will come in for Nisbet if it happens, see Griffiths could a lot bad attention from their support on Saturday against West Ham too.

Won't cough up.

This thread has been viewed 55914 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back