• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet

Can't see Brum offering £2m outright. Chances are it will be highly incentivised and he'll need to get them in the Prem before we collect all of it. Fell foul of FFP a couple of years back and are still on the watchlist for further transgressions.

Like most of the Championship, they're skint, have only a trickle of the usual income which doesn't cover the wage bill anyway and the only routes out are to gamble the entire existence of the club or cut wage bill in half. Trouble is, they can do that and probably treble any wages anyone outwith the Uglies gets in Scotland.

And if we just keep telling ourselves that we never will Larry. It's like giving players away at that kind of money.
I suppose we can dream of selling players for 10million, but that is what it would be.

One Rag has us interested in Hornby
I've been into Hornby since I was 9.Also Corgi and Tri-ang.

Birmingham upped their offer to around £3 Million apparently. ?

jesus , be handy if they'd done it 2 weeks ago

If that is true I cannot see us turning that kind of money away especially with everything that is going on at the moment, just hope we have a very good replacement lined up, bring Leigh home even if it is just a loan as they don’t appreciate and love him like we do ?

jesus , be handy if they'd done it 2 weeks ago
IF they cash in they need to sign proven quality that will score goals. With hours remaining that's not going to be easy.

Did someone not mention Birmingham are struggling financially and being watched for their behaviour? Ye have to wonder who is so in the know that they would know they have offered 3 million, or indeed anything?

Did someone not mention Birmingham are struggling financially and being watched for their behaviour? Ye have to wonder who is so in the know that they would know they have offered 3 million, or indeed anything?
Great question. I often wonder what happens with future payments (as these deals are never up front) in the event of any club hitting financial difficulties/change of ownership?

Seemingly the Birmingham manager is saying they are not the only club in for Nisbet but were first to show their hand with two bids.

I mentioned that about QPR :102:

Be weird if Nisbet goes and none of us will have ever seen him play for Hibs live in person ?

I would love Nisbet to stay, can we not just offer them Doidge instead.

Would rather we keep kevin as we would only replace him with a forward costing 300k max .
The club might benefit money wise but the team won't.

We can sell him in the summer for the same money if not more.

Its not long away

It would have a big impact on our season. Don't sell.

Do the lower league clubs in england not have Interest freeloans at the moment, or some kind of deferred loan system?
Or am i havering?

Do the lower league clubs in england not have Interest freeloans at the moment, or some kind of deferred loan system?
Or am i havering?
The SPFL clubs are supposedly getting interest free loans payable back over 20 years..

The SPFL clubs are supposedly getting interest free loans payable back over 20 years..
It seems to be the same for English Championship clubs to a maximum of £8.3 million per club.

Nisbet has scored a good amount of goals so far but he wastes alot of chances too, he's still a bit raw. That said I think we should be getting at least another million (on top of reported £3 million) considering; the length of his contract, how important he is to Hibs and the fact he's shown consistency with goals and progression each season. Hopefully we have add ons.

If true Birmingham have upped their offer to £3m it seems a big jump from the last reported bid of £2.25m. Im speculating that it would be a "deal worth up to" situation where clauses etc inserted. I still think we should be getting at least £3m - £3.5 mill up front. The timing of the offer couldnt be worse where we're concerned...we'd need a sizeable warchest to persuade any club to deal with us for a decent striker at this stage of the window.

Last edited:
The Sun says Hibs have told them to bolt.

The Sun says Hibs have told them to bolt.
Turned down 3 million apparently

Shows some intent from Ron turning that bid down if true. Good to see!

Maybe another club involved?

I’m glad,we’ll get that in the summer for him and have a proper chance to replace him.

Maybe another club involved?
Think the quote from Birmingham said something like that

Great stuff if true. He just needs to get his scoring ”eye” in again and keep it for a couple of seasons and he’ll be worth a tidy bit. Shows great intent from Hibs. Can we get Leigh back please or is that asking too much ?

I think there must be other interest in the lad....

I really hope he stays but I have a feeling this won’t be in the end of it tomorrow.

It’ll be a bit of a twat if they flog him at half eleven to-morrow night though.

or maybe he's not fussy to go ? you'd think if he desperately wanted it the club wouldn't stand in his way ?

Payment structure Birmingham were offering was meant to be a strange one , over 2 years and down to appearance and goals.
Although I'm only posting what I have seen on the net.

Third is a real possibility. There's more money to be made in Europe, especially dropping down to the lower Europa league set up if we don't qualify.

Third is a real possibility. There's more money to be made in Europe, especially dropping down to the lower Europa league set up if we don't qualify.

This new third tier European tournament will offer an opportunity for clubs like Hibs to actually progress, and the money will lucrative.

Going to the Huns once they offload Morelos? ?

Going to the Huns once they offload Morelos? ?
Are they still getting £50 million for him? ??

Payment structure Birmingham were offering was meant to be a strange one , over 2 years and down to appearance and goals.
Although I'm only posting what I have seen on the net.
There’s no danger anyone in their right mind is agreeing to any non standard deal suggested by Birmingham City. Not to be trusted.

This is from the Mirror 3 weeks ago:

“Birmingham City is over £100m in debt to absentee owners in the Far East. The stadium is mortgaged to the hilt. Before Christmas, two stands failed to pass council safety guidelines.”

Mind thon Carson Yeung who owned them and was banged up for money laundering offences committed when he still owned them.

A3014454-8965-4FC5-98C0-00EC8467E3A9.jpeg
(The Record). It’s all speculation especially when very few have any idea what the actual up front payment is and how much of it is potential add ons

This thread has been viewed 55922 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back