Nisbet

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Hattie

Donator
That`s exactly what they`ll be at. We`d end up with a player who has serious issues and could go off on one at any moment, Ron gets a pocketful of loose change and they get one of Scotland's best young talents and a player potentially worth tens of millions in the future sitting on their bench.
Fuck that deal.
Tbf Ron wouldn’t accept that imo, nowhere near it. But the tramps would defo try it

Fritz

Legendary Radge
Tbf Ron wouldn’t accept that imo, nowhere near it. But the tramps would defo try it
I think we`re lucky in that we have an 'owner' who hasn`t been brought up in the 'Glasgow clubs get what they want, when they want it, for whatever they decide to pay for it' culture. Even with the inevitable media circus trying to help get him punted along the M8, I remain hopeful that we tell them to fucking bolt.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Be gutted to lose Nisbet. I'd love to see LG back at Hibs. He's still got a lot to offer.

However, I don't think he's at all a tradeable asset for Celtc. So the deal for Nisbet would need to be a transaction for him alone. And for me it's £4 million minimum.

My caveat to that deal would be them loaning Griffith's to us and them paying his contract. If not then GTF.

I feel it's inevitable this window or January Nisbet a Celtic fan ends up there.
Griffiths is toxic.
Don't want him anywhere near our club

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Celtic won’t pay what we want for Nisbet. They wouldn’t pay for mcginn and they certainly won’t cough up for Nisbet the way we are now ran.
if LG comes here it shouldn’t be part of any deal. Although I would take him on a deal within itself, if we could get him back settled here we could 100% get the best back out of him.

Last edited:

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Has he been disruptive previously?
I have no recollection of any problems , but my memory is pretty shit.
Apart from his mental health issues I thought he'd been 'sent home' previously plus the recent controversy I just don't think that's what we or probably any club would want getting mixed up with.

mentalhibbyjohn

Just A Radge
Sooner or later we are going to lose Nisbet, of that there is absolutely no doubt.
A decent wedge , 4 million is probably realistic, and Griffiths is probably about as good as we would get. If there is one place where Griffiths might get back to somewhere close to his best , I think it’s here. Don’t forget, he is superb goal scorer and I always thought his work rate was spot on.
Griff dragged the worst Hibs team in many a year along behind him. He's an obvious eejit but my God there's an exceptional talent in there. Now on reduced terms at Celtic but still thousands more a week than he'd get at the Hibees. Got to be a loan if he arrives now and a large fee for Nisbet. Griffiths may be a Hibee but he has only got one guaranteed year left on those wages. Would you give that up?

Hattie

Donator
Griff dragged the worst Hibs team in many a year along behind him. He's an obvious eejit but my God there's an exceptional talent in there. Now on reduced terms at Celtic but still thousands more a week than he'd get at the Hibees. Got to be a loan if he arrives now and a large fee for Nisbet. Griffiths may be a Hibee but he has only got one guaranteed year left on those wages. Would you give that up?
If hes on pay as you plat as suggested, then he’s basically not giving anything up as it stands 🤷‍♂️ Btw i want LG nothing to do with any deal fir KN

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
If hes on pay as you plat as suggested, then he’s basically not giving anything up as it stands 🤷‍♂️ Btw i want LG nothing to do with any deal fir KN

He'll still be on some sort of basic wage, but largely propped up by an appearance fee, if pay as you pay is the deal.
Widely reported he was on 15k a week when he signed and when Sunderland popped up looking for a loan deal recently.

Even if it appearance based, I'd imagine his basic would still be pretty good, still got living costs whether he's playing or not. He might be daft, but his agent won't be.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
just been thinking if he is part of the deal and loan to start it has to be something like Murphy, loan with permanent at end but we can’t sign him on loan this season. We can’t go against Celtic until Xmas with zero strikers.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
just been thinking if he is part of the deal and loan to start it has to be something like Murphy, loan with permanent at end but we can’t sign him on loan this season. We can’t go against Celtic until Xmas with zero strikers.

I always found it weird how we could agree a permanent deal with Murphy a season before his contract ran out.
Considering pre contract stuff isn't allowed until Jan.

Unless he said he wouldn't sign unless we promised him a year deal.

But Aberdeen got the same deal done with the sheep shagging hun eh? Even though they went permanent early through a sale to Hunco.

I dont want any cash offset with Leigh, I'd rather we got paid and returned with a peanuts offer.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I think the smellies would come to some agreement with him regarding his wages. I just think if we are going to lose Nisbet, we need a striker pronto. LG is not a shabby stop gap. I think there are enough good influences around ER to help the guy out. And if he continues his capers, big Daz can have “a wee word” 😃

Hattie

Donator
He'll still be on some sort of basic wage, but largely propped up by an appearance fee, if pay as you pay is the deal.
Widely reported he was on 15k a week when he signed and when Sunderland popped up looking for a loan deal recently.

Even if it appearance based, I'd imagine his basic would still be pretty good, still got living costs whether he's playing or not. He might be daft, but his agent won't be.
Yeah of course. Should’ve made it clearer, he wouldn’t be missing his big wage, you think his basic will be much higher than what we could realistically offer him? Im saying that as someone who feels fir the guy, although stupid cvnt that he is, we dont want that influence in our team imo

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I always found it weird how we could agree a permanent deal with Murphy a season before his contract ran out.
Considering pre contract stuff isn't allowed until Jan.

Unless he said he wouldn't sign unless we promised him a year deal.

But Aberdeen got the same deal done with the sheep shagging hun eh? Even though they went permanent early through a sale to Hunco.

I dont want any cash offset with Leigh, I'd rather we got paid and returned with a peanuts offer.
I was thinking about this the other day.

I think it’s to do with avoiding paying a fee. and Rangers avoiding whatever payments clauses they might have if they sell.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I’d take Griffiths in a a minute but if we are playing 4-2-3-1 JR would be sectioned if he was to get into a position where LG was our first choice 1. No way would I trust LG.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Yeah of course. Should’ve made it clearer, he wouldn’t be missing his big wage, you think his basic will be much higher than what we could realistically offer him? Im saying that as someone who feels fir the guy, although stupid cvnt that he is, we dont want that influence in our team imo

I think his basic would be around the top of our current wage scale. I cant see him picking up less than say.. 4/5k?

I’d take Griffiths in a a minute but if we are playing 4-2-3-1 JR would be sectioned if he was to get into a position where LG was our first choice 1. No way would I trust LG.

This comment follows into my reply to Hattie.
I agree.
He would need to be one of our highest paid and if we can't trust or rely on him then we're just pissing money up the wall.

I like Leigh, the Leigh that dragged us through a season is arguably one of the best performing Hibs players in my lifetime and the only one that comes close to Riordan in striking a ball.

The Leigh thats kicking around now however...
Too many question marks and no guarantees he would ever get close to being that player again.

Shame, like the other mentioned, a wonderful talent that never made enough of it for reasons that had little to do with football and everything to do with attitude and professionalism. Among other nonsense.

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Any deal which involves Nisbet leaving and Griffiths coming to Hibs would also have to sufficient enough for us to buy another striker. There's no way Griffiths would be available for every game. Probably every other game at best.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Any deal which involves Nisbet leaving and Griffiths coming to Hibs would also have to sufficient enough for us to buy another striker. There's no way Griffiths would be available for every game. Probably every other game at best.
Indeed. We would need to have enough cash to bring in another striker capable of scoring 18 goals a season as Nisbet did last term...if we don't we will be severely weakened and will be out of the running for third spot.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here