Nisbet

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Zab

Admin
1 club has opened dialogue with him from what I've been told.
Plus a few down south.

He’ll be in demand, there’s no doubt. He’s at an age where he can probably get one more lucrative deal, if that’s what he wants it won’t be in Scotland.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Had a day out with.. Kieran Tierney, David Turnbull, James Forrest and Greg Taylor.

Celtic connections, I know they're all scotland squad team mates now, but maybe a wee bit interesting that they're all Celtic boys. KT has obviously moved on, but he's still one of them.

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
What would we be happy with in terms of a fee? £4M+ seems to be the figure doing the rounds. And who should we go for as a replacement? Shankland?

Reactions: Zab

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
What would we be happy with in terms of a fee? £4M+ seems to be the figure doing the rounds. And who should we go for as a replacement? Shankland?
I think Shankland could be a great shout. He's better than his goals ratio last season. Dundee United didn't play to his strengths. Even for a year then sell him at profit next summer....

We should be looking for £4 million up front + add ons. However, in the English market he's worth much more IMO.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Hibs turned down offers in January for Nisbet as the money offered and terms of payment were unacceptable, and he was too important to our season to let go half way through it. A blind man could see that he was wanting to leave Hibs even back then, as evidenced by two separate transfer requests on the last day of the transfer window only four months into his 4 year contract, so we just have to get the highest price for him now...and as quickly as possible. He had a great first season with Hibs in terms of goals, but for me he is far from the finished article and flopped big time in the big games when we really needed him to turn up and produce the goods. It's a pity we won't get to see him play, but that's the way it is in football.

I would be surprised if Shankland was being considered as a replacement as (a) he is an out and out hun and with the exception of Celtic, Hibs are probably the last club he would want to play for, and (b) he is on bloated wages at Dundee United, something they were willing to countenance to ensure his goals got them promotion. They will have expected to have sold him on by now to recoup their outlay, however he had a bad injury which kept him out for months, and then the pandemic hit. I know he is somewhat unproven in the top league, however I agree with those who rate him. I do as well, I just think it is unlikely he will end up at Hibs.

We do definitely need to replace Nisbet though, with a striker who will give us the same amount of goals as he did. We also either (a) need to keep Jamie Gullan as a third choice striker, or (b) bring in another striker to compete with Doidge and whoever replaces Nisbet. We definitely need three strikers competing for places, even Ross admitted at the AGM he probably made a mistake letting Gullan go out on loan in January without securing a replacement.

Last edited:

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
When Nesbit leaves I would definitely consider Shankland. I think he is very similar to Nesbit in many ways. It would make sense to move for him. Knows the route to goal and importantly can score different types of goals. He is a good player.

Zab

Admin
I dont want Shankland.
As GM says, he's outrageously overpaid at United and I actually think he's over rated. Not that he's not a good player, but I dont think he'd set the world on fire here.

I’m not sure about Shankland, he’s better than he showed in that very defensive Dundee United side last season. Same goes for Marc McNulty who spent most games stuck way out wide.

think it’s looking like we’ll be playing with one main striker, now despite common misconceptions that isn’t a negative way to play if we actually get bodies forward. But what it does mean is that whoever is going to be our main striker, they have to be comfortable and capable of playing without a strike partner.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I’m not sure about Shankland, he’s better than he showed in that very defensive Dundee United side last season. Same goes for Marc McNulty who spent most games stuck way out wide.

think it’s looking like we’ll be playing with one main striker, now despite common misconceptions that isn’t a negative way to play if we actually get bodies forward. But what it does mean is that whoever is going to be our main striker, they have to be comfortable and capable of playing without a strike partner.

I'd agree with how it looks like we'll be playing too.
Alot of that will depend on build up play, if we're gonna hit the wings and put balls across the face, or through balls so we can cut inside and use the wingers as supporting forwards, then you can realistically use any poacher and get results.

With Shankland though, I think Dundee are still looking for £M's
Given their output on him, thats all they can hope for without incurring a huge loss. Plus topping up his wages, I dont think he's worth that kind of money to us.

I don't have an alternative option in my head right now, but we can find a goalscorer for less than that, im fairly positive.

There is a lack of pure goalscorers outside of Glasgow in our leagues just now though.

Reactions: Zab

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I'd agree with how it looks like we'll be playing too.
Alot of that will depend on build up play, if we're gonna hit the wings and put balls across the face, or through balls so we can cut inside and use the wingers as supporting forwards, then you can realistically use any poacher and get results.

With Shankland though, I think Dundee are still looking for £M's
Given their output on him, thats all they can hope for without incurring a huge loss. Plus topping up his wages, I dont think he's worth that kind of money to us.

I don't have an alternative option in my head right now, but we can find a goalscorer for less than that, im fairly positive.

There is a lack of pure goalscorers outside of Glasgow in our leagues just now though.
I think he only has a year to run at United so transfer fee wise we could maybe offer something like 400-500K perhaps with add ons if we sell Nisbet for 4-5 mill. Shankland has had injury problems and has had an okay season so I don't think they can demand a higher fee with what time he has left and recent form.

The Family

Capital Radge
I think he only has a year to run at United so transfer fee wise we could maybe offer something like 400-500K perhaps with add ons if we sell Nisbet for 4-5 mill. Shankland has had injury problems and has had an okay season so I don't think they can demand a higher fee with what time he has left and recent form.

I would hope our Recruitment team deliver a much better replacement than Shankland.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

Tbf I didn't know his contract was out, they won't be keeping him past this season if that's the case.

Could be a bit more interesting.

Just the flute toting orange Lodge nonsense for me to get over next... 😆 (rumoured on here at least)

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I would hope our Recruitment team deliver a much better replacement than Shankland.

Any names to pull out a hat?
Cause I'm actually struggling to think of anyone young and capable.

Do we give Gullan a serious chance this season?

The Family

Capital Radge
Any names to pull out a hat?
Cause I'm actually struggling to think of anyone young and capable.

Do we give Gullan a serious chance this season?

I don’t think Ross likes Gullan and can see him being punted out on loan again sadly, I liked the look of Gullan, direct and not feared to run at defenders etc.

In Scotland I cannot think of anyone apart from Griffiths of course but surely we stretch our radar to further a field, would be good to get another Benji.

Not seen or heard much about Doidge.

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
I don’t think Ross likes Gullan and can see him being punted out on loan again sadly, I liked the look of Gullan, direct and not feared to run at defenders etc.

In Scotland I cannot think of anyone apart from Griffiths of course but surely we stretch our radar to further a field, would be good to get another Benji.

Not seen or heard much about Doidge.
Unfortunately Brexshit reduces our ability to pull off such moves.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here