• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nisbet v Griffiths rumours?

numptyploom

Private Member
Reaction score
Any truth?

Any truth?
I wanted to say hope so as I think inevitable KN will go and I like the idea of LG back at hibs I think he could do well for us
That said I would prefer KN to go down south

Celtic won't pay the going rate for Nisbet, Celtics only play is to renew Leighs contract as he's obviously waiting for the offer first, but he won't be signing that offer to then be traded.
But if that happened, I'd look elsewhere for a forward and sell Nisbet at value.

I think Celtic are very keen to sign Nisbet, and I fully expect him to end up at Parkhead once they meet Hibs valuation. He will be desperate to go there as well being a Glasgow boy and no doubt a Celtic supporter. Money will be huge as well. Not quite sure what it is about Kevin Nisbet, he is clearly a talented striker and had a very good first season for Hibs in the top league, but I wouldn't have thought he was the type to take Celtic to the next level. To be honest, despite him scoring about 17 goals for Hibs, I have never quite taken to the guy. All that nonsense at the end of the January window didn't help.

Not sure if there is anything in the Nisbet/Griffiths swap story. I am fairly sure Hibs want Leigh at Easter Road, and I am confident that will happen. I know that Griffiths has had his problems at Celtic with his off-field stuff, but I find it hard to understand why they would be willing to part with the best scottish striker of his generation, for a relative youngster with only one full season in the top league.

Can’t see it.
I expect Leigh to go abroad or south for his last big pay day.
Nissie would be an underwhelming signing for the Smellies who really need to up their game.

Can’t see it.
I expect Leigh to go abroad or south for his last big pay day.
Nissie would be an underwhelming signing for the Smellies who really need to up their game.
However, I don't think he travels well! Hopefully with his past experiences, 'large family' and 'wealth' he will see Hibs as his mental salvation before retirement.

I think Celtic are very keen to sign Nisbet, and I fully expect him to end up at Parkhead once they meet Hibs valuation. He will be desperate to go there as well being a Glasgow boy and no doubt a Celtic supporter. Money will be huge as well. Not quite sure what it is about Kevin Nisbet, he is clearly a talented striker and had a very good first season for Hibs in the top league, but I wouldn't have thought he was the type to take Celtic to the next level. To be honest, despite him scoring about 17 goals for Hibs, I have never quite taken to the guy. All that nonsense at the end of the January window didn't help.

Not sure if there is anything in the Nisbet/Griffiths swap story. I am fairly sure Hibs want Leigh at Easter Road, and I am confident that will happen. I know that Griffiths has had his problems at Celtic with his off-field stuff, but I find it hard to understand why they would be willing to part with the best scottish striker of his generation, for a relative youngster with only one full season in the top league.
After that goal perhaps even more so

I get your attitude toward Nisbet. He's a good player, but he doesnt excite me as a supporter in the way LG did, and hopefully will do again.

I think Celtic are very keen to sign Nisbet, and I fully expect him to end up at Parkhead once they meet Hibs valuation.
This is paper talk. Not like you to regurgitate unsubstantiated S*n, Rec*rd shite.

BIG G

They'll sell Edouard for a decent fee and we'll probably end up with about 3 million for Nisbet if Celtic want him. I'd be negotiating 3 million, Leigh on a 3 year deal with the smellies paying his wages.

They'll sell Edouard for a decent fee and we'll probably end up with about 3 million for Nisbet if Celtic want him. I'd be negotiating 3 million, Leigh on a 3 year deal with the smellies paying his wages.
He's not a Celtc player?

I am sure I recently read he didn't follow Rantic or Celgers. Although other admins disagree, I thought he had a great half hour for Scotland last night, both attacking, scoring and defending well. He can skip Glasgow and head down south, he will make it in my opinion. Just let us see him in a Hibs shirt for a season, please?

I am sure I recently read he didn't follow Rantic or Celgers. Although other admins disagree, I thought he had a great half hour for Scotland last night, both attacking, scoring and defending well. He can skip Glasgow and head down south, he will make it in my opinion. Just let us see him in a Hibs shirt for a season, please?

If he has a good tournament, I would maybe sell him this summer.
Prices always go up on the back of an international competition and average players who perform well wind up getting money spinning moves.

If the value is there this summer, I say we take it. while he could stay and perform and still earn a move in a years time, I think the Euros make it better financially this term possibly.

If he has a good tournament, I would maybe sell him this summer.
Prices always go up on the back of an international competition and average players who perform well wind up getting money spinning moves.

If the value is there this summer, I say we take it. while he could stay and perform and still earn a move in a years time, I think the Euros make it better financially this term possibly.
Scoring last night was just what he needed. If he goes on and plays well in the Euros then it could start the ball rolling..
If that's what happens then so be it.

I think he’ll be off in the summer, and we’ll never see him live in a Hibs shirt.

I don’t think he’ll go to Celtic, they won’t pay the going rate. There’s plenty Championship clubs who will, but if he has a good Euro’s he might even skip the Championship and go straight to a Premier League team... from their point of view a few million is worth the punt.

As long as the money is properly re-invested and we end up with a more balanced team next season, and we have more than two strikers on the books, I’ll be happy.

I get your attitude toward Nisbet. He's a good player, but he doesnt excite me as a supporter in the way LG did, and hopefully will do again.
I think that's just because none of us have seen him the flesh.

I'd love to keep Nisbet for another season but I've kind of resigned myself to the fact he won't be here. So he might as well have a good Euros and make Hibs as much money as possible.

This is paper talk. Not like you to regurgitate unsubstantiated S*n, Rec*rd shite.

BIG G
Completely agree with you!

Hibs fans want LG and celtc fans want Nisbet, the red tops want to sell papers!

I wonder if there has been any chat between the clubs at all. Probably not given all the meaningful vacancies at celtc park. Do they have a manager in place to identify or approve a player and do they have anyone in place authorised to negotiate contracts and sign multi million pound cheques?

Completely agree with you!

Hibs fans want LG and celtc fans want Nisbet, the red tops want to sell papers!

I wonder if there has been any chat between the clubs at all. Probably not given all the meaningful vacancies at celtc park. Do they have a manager in place to identify or approve a player and do they have anyone in place authorised to negotiate contracts and sign multi million pound cheques?

I think Sparky only has one year left on his Celtc deal and it was only an option to extend?

I think he's out of contract. Celtc had until April 30 to take up the extra year's option.
Nothing to stop them re-signing him, of course.

I'd love that but sadly he would appear a laddie in a hurry....??

He says here he “doesn’t support either of the big two”.

My QPR mate told me ages ago that they were tracking Nisbet. They are desperate to offload Dykes given that he's a huddy and if they manage to get shot of him they'll probs come in for Nisbet. I'll bet Clarke plays Dykes ahead of Nisbet in the Euros.

My QPR mate told me ages ago that they were tracking Nisbet. They are desperate to offload Dykes given that he's a huddy and if they manage to get shot of him they'll probs come in for Nisbet. I'll bet Clarke plays Dykes ahead of Nisbet in the Euros.

Dkyes will 100% start for Scotland. Clarke will using him to do all the running for 70 minutes then chuck Nisbet and Adams on when the game generally gets stretched last 20... it’s actually not a bad tactic when you’re the under dog.

Dkyes will 100% start for Scotland. Clarke will using him to do all the running for 70 minutes then chuck Nisbet and Adams on when the game generally gets stretched last 20... it’s actually not a bad tactic when you’re the under dog.
The only problem I have with that is that Dykes is absolute gash and a waste of a jersey.

The only problem I have with that is that Dykes is absolute gash and a waste of a jersey.

I disagree that he’s a waste of a jersey. He’s useful for closing down defenders and challenging for the inevitable hoofed balls from our defenders.

He’s no skill or finesse, and he’s no likely to score, but that’s not his job. It’s to make space for others who can.

International football requires a different type of approach from club football, which is why someone like Dykes is more useful for his country than his club.

I disagree that he’s a waste of a jersey. He’s useful for closing down defenders and challenging for the inevitable hoofed balls from our defenders.

He’s no skill or finesse, and he’s no likely to score, but that’s not his job. It’s to make space for others who can.

International football requires a different type of approach from club football, which is why someone like Dykes is more useful for his country than his club.
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. He wouldn't be getting a game though if it was up to me.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. He wouldn't be getting a game though if it was up to me.

Don't get me wrong, if there was a better option he wouldn’t be near the team for me either. But I can see why Clarke plays him. Hopefully he goes with either Adams or Nisbet with him.

Don't get me wrong, if there was a better option he wouldn’t be near the team for me either. But I can see why Clarke plays him. Hopefully he goes with either Adams or Nisbet with him.
As I said, a huddy and a waste of a jersey [see tonight's game where he and his strike partner squandered enough chances to win a handful of games].

As I said, a huddy and a waste of a jersey [see tonight's game where he and his strike partner squandered enough chances to win a handful of games].

His strike partner scored the winner. All that matters at this level.

His strike partner scored the winner. All that matters at this level.

Yep because the team we were playing was rubbish. All those missed chances would cost us in a game against a decent team. It's obviously pointless arguing with you as you've decided that substandard strikers are good enough.

Yep because the team we were playing was rubbish. All those missed chances would cost us in a game against a decent team. It's obviously pointless arguing with you as you've decided that substandard strikers are good enough.

10 men fore more than half the game too, Dykes is rotten, Nissy might have made more difference if given more time too.

Reactions: Dub
After the bids we knocked back in January I doubt there is any truth in this rumour. Leigh can sign for us for a free and I cannot see Celtic paying the going rate for Nisbet, plus Ron won’t allow anyone to go on the cheap.

I’ll pick you up on your last sentence… I’m not accepting of substandard strikers, and haven’t said anything of the like. I’m accepting of the fact that’s all we have available. We’ve got a target man whom I’ve already described as a player with no skill, a guy who has scored a few in the English Premier League, and Kevin Nisbet. That’s it. We don’t have anyone else who can play the target man role, until we do Dykes is the best of some bad options.

After the bids we knocked back in January I doubt there is any truth in this rumour. Leigh can sign for us for a free and I cannot see Celtic paying the going rate for Nisbet, plus Ron won’t allow anyone to go on the cheap.
There is no such thing as free. You know that Family, in my own time, I know that and 50 years ago every fucker knew that.....even Family

BIG G

BIG G

Roger Chapman .....what a voice.
One of my favourite tracks ever ....

Roger Chapman .....what a voice.
One of my favourite tracks ever ....

Wonderful @Doc Shrink . Saw them several times, early 70's. In Edinburgh and beyond. Came to the conclusion very early on that Chapman was fucking nuts.

BIG G

Wonderful @Doc Shrink . Saw them several times, early 70's. In Edinburgh and beyond. Came to the conclusion very early on that Chapman was fucking nuts.

BIG G
First concert I went to was at the ABC Lothian Road about 1969.Traffic was the main act supported by Family.Traffic cancelled because Stevie Winwood damaged his hand so two new up and coming bands were brought in .
Jethro Tull and Ten Years After! Ticket cost 15 Bob.

First concert I went to was at the ABC Lothian Road about 1969.Traffic was the main act supported by Family.Traffic cancelled because Stevie Winwood damaged his hand so two new up and coming bands were brought in .
Jethro Tull and Ten Years After! Ticket cost 15 Bob.
We didnt realise how lucky we were at that time.
It was the done thing for an act to release an album , and do the tour to promote it.
Great times for music lovers.

We didnt realise how lucky we were at that time.
It was the done thing for an act to release an album , and do the tour to promote it.
Great times for music lovers.
Saw Led Zepplin and Barclay James Harvest at the Usher Hall the following year! £2 I think.

This thread has been viewed 3972 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back