Nisbet v Griffiths rumours?

Then there were the Label tours. The Charisma Records package was 15 bob and the sampler album was 10 bob. Gig in the Playhouse
Genesis pre all the dressing up, Van Der Graff Generator, Bell and Arc. Generator were top of the bill.

BIG G

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
I’ll pick you up on your last sentence… I’m not accepting of substandard strikers, and haven’t said anything of the like. I’m accepting of the fact that’s all we have available. We’ve got a target man whom I’ve already described as a player with no skill, a guy who has scored a few in the English Premier League, and Kevin Nisbet. That’s it. We don’t have anyone else who can play the target man role, until we do Dykes is the best of some bad options.

Fair enough but you did say "he’s no likely to score, but that’s not his job. It’s to make space for others who can".

He is listed as a striker so it is his job to score goals which he is rubbish at and I'll stick by my contention that he shouldn't be anywhere near an international start.

Zab

Admin
Fair enough but you did say "he’s no likely to score, but that’s not his job. It’s to make space for others who can".

He is listed as a striker so it is his job to score goals which he is rubbish at and I'll stick by my contention that he shouldn't be anywhere near an international start.

In the context of the way Steve Clarke sets up his team up, Lyndon Dykes is in there to be the target man. That role isn’t really about being the focal point as a goalscorer, much in the same way Jack Ross’ Hibs side don’t rely on Christian Doidge to be the main goalscorer.

I think Dykes is a huddy, but he can be effective and sadly there’s not a better alternative as the target man.

The most important thing is the team score enough goals to win the game.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here