• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nicola's Care Package

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
I think it was last week Nicola announced there was going to be a small payment of 750 thousand going to carers across Scotland.I thought I'm in; I get Carers Allowance. So I explored it and was advised to get your details registered with your local care hub and they will let you know. So I phoned up the number I had been given and the hub said the news had only just come in and they would take down my details and let me know. But I haven't heard anything since, has anyone been following the story?

I think it was last week Nicola announced there was going to be a small payment of 750 thousand going to carers across Scotland.I thought I'm in; I get Carers Allowance. So I explored it and was advised to get your details registered with your local care hub and they will let you know. So I phoned up the number I had been given and the hub said the news had only just come in and they would take down my details and let me know. But I haven't heard anything since, has anyone been following the story?

“An investment of £750,000 in local carer centres”

Read this on two separate news sources so seems it’s not going to individuals unfortunately

Oh ok.That's that then.

Even though I also get Income Support,they'll take one look at my mum's teacher's pension and say nup he's no' gettin'any.

Oh ok.That's that then.
Are you registered as your maw's carer Moaty?

Are you registered as your maw's carer Moaty?
Yes.

I read that registered carers were meant to be in same priority vaccine group as their "caree". You heard anything about that?

No, I did ask, I was given a 'computer says no' answer.

No, I did ask, I was given a 'computer says no' answer.
Makes no sense

You're telling me.

I read that registered carers were meant to be in same priority vaccine group as their "caree". You heard anything about that?
This is correct. All of the carers we have had had the vaccine, @moathibby call the vaccine number and say you’re an ‘at home Carer for a vulnerable adult’ and you’ll get yours. I’m not a carer but got mine due to living in the same house as a vulnerable adult

What happened to the £500 bonus NHS and care staff were meant to be getting?

What happened to the £500 bonus NHS and care staff were meant to be getting?
The last I saw of it was there was a big furore about the bonus due to the UK government insisting it got taxed, whereas the Scottish government were intent on just giving the full amount without any tax implications.

The last I saw of it was there was a big furore about the bonus due to the UK government insisting it got taxed, whereas the Scottish government were intent on just giving the full amount without any tax implications.
OK, it taxed or not taxed, its beginning to look like a false promise though

It’s maybe already resolved but the last I heard it mentioned was the tax impasse

How's it a false promise when the Scottish Government paid the NHS and care staff the £500?*

* Pro rata for staff not working full-time.

How's it a false promise when the Scottish Government paid the NHS and care staff the £500?*

* Pro rata for staff not working full-time.
When was it paid?

When was it paid?
I asked the wife who is a nurse, she gets hers end of Feb, they can receive the bonus in 3 payments to reduce the tax. BUT the issue is not just being taxed, it will also affect the payments people who receive universal credit get.

When was it paid?
My daughter got hers either November or December. She's a care worker in Lothian.

My daughter got hers either November or December. She's a care worker in Lothian.
Really? My mate is a carer and he's never heard a thing about it. Did your lassie have to apply for it?

what happened to the £500 payment, got email about it and heard no more..think they have till April though

Really? My mate is a carer and he's never heard a thing about it. Did your lassie have to apply for it?
I don't think so. I've obviously not met up with her for a while, just wee chats on the phone but last last time she was here, about the beginning of December - more in depth chat, she said she'd just got it or was getting it with her next pay.

And sorry, she's Edinburgh Council not Lothian.

I don't think so. I've obviously not met up with her for a while, just wee chats on the phone but last last time she was here, about the beginning of December - more in depth chat, she said she'd just got it or was getting it with her next pay.

Cheers, my mate works for a small independent care company and they've heard nothing about it. That's in Edinburgh too.

When was it paid?
im getting mine in my feb wage

Cheers, my mate works for a small independent care company and they've heard nothing about it. That's in Edinburgh too.
If its a private company I doubt he'll be getting it, not from the Scottish Government anyway. TSG have nothing to do with their wages.

0800 111 4499 this is the appointment line

@Jack, did your lassie actually get this? Mrs Hibbybilly works for Edinburgh Council as a care worker and has never got hers.

@Jack, did your lassie actually get this? Mrs Hibbybilly works for Edinburgh Council as a care worker and has never got hers.
My mrs has been told she will get it in her April wages

.Has she Stu? Just been talkin about it tae my missus and I remembered this thread. She’s gonni ask tonight. Cheers👍

Funny I was just speaking to her about it. No.

It was supposed to be in their pay for the last few months but now it's part of some 'negotiations' but the council have the money. Something like that.

.Has she Stu? Just been talkin about it tae my missus and I remembered this thread. She’s gonni ask tonight. Cheers👍
My part of the NHS got theirs in March wage ... but I was expecting it in Aprils wage with the NHS business year starts 1 April. Dont worry - its ringfenced by the Scottish Govt... they will defs get it :giggley:

My part of the NHS got theirs in March wage ... but I was expecting it in Aprils wage with the NHS business year starts 1 April. Dont worry - its ringfenced by the Scottish Govt... they will defs get it :giggley:
Fuckin hope so... she’s givin me half, telt her she better no tax me or she can make her ain coffee and toast. 😂

Fuckin hope so... she’s givin me half, telt her she better no tax me or she can make her ain coffee and toast. 😂
Darn tootin Billy!

Wimmin have mair front than brighton! Ye gie them an inch :54:.... and they take a mile!

This thread has been viewed 2405 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back