• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nicky Clark

I've said for a while that I wouldn't have Cummings back as he had only really proved himself at a lower level and I was against bringing former players back in general. However I have changed my mind a bit now about this. I think bringing back a character like Jason would help lift the support and bring a bit of life to the dressing room. He knows the club and he knows some of the players who are still here from the last time he was at Hibs. As a third choice striker alongside Doidge and Nisbet I reckon he would be a pretty good option to have. He is an out and out penalty box poacher though, he doesn't have that many more strings to his bow apart from that.

Not sure he is Ross's type though.
Does the dressing room need a lift?
Seems to be a very close knit group

Aye that’s a good point about Cummings. He’d have scored far more goals for Hibs had he simply stayed between the width of the posts, and come alive in the penalty box. He often dropped deep or drifted wide trying to get more involved, but that wasn’t the best use of his talents.
He missed an absolute sitter against Raith Rovers at Starks Park about 5 years ago but we may have seen the reason why last Friday. At half-time the sprinklers were on and the one in the goalmouth at the "Hibs" end (the writer's stand) stalled for a few seconds as the spray hit the post, the same one that Cummings hit, and saturating the area right at the post. And so perhaps the same thing had happened earlier that fateful day, causing Cummings to miss, but it left us all wondering how on Earth he missed at the time.

He missed an absolute sitter against Raith Rovers at Starks Park about 5 years ago but we may have seen the reason why last Friday. At half-time the sprinklers were on and the one in the goalmouth at the "Hibs" end (the writer's stand) stalled for a few seconds as the spray hit the post, the same one that Cummings hit, and saturating the area right at the post. And so perhaps the same thing had happened earlier that fateful day, causing Cummings to miss, but it left us all wondering how on Earth he missed at the time.

Turns out the young rogue was the victim of a Starks Park conspiracy!

Funny, I noticed that too and commented to my son how many players were slipping in that area.

Funny, I noticed that too and commented to my son how many players were slipping in that area.
The pitch was not an artificial surface when Cummings missed.

Fair point. And I doubt if they had such sophisticated, if sometimes misdirected sprinklers, either. Big Jim Gardner got a fair drenching last week from a sprinkler.

If he comes he can do Gogic's hair. Oh not 'that' Nicky Clarke.

I was talking about last Friday though.

This thread has been viewed 2725 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back