• Guest, Pickem Week 1 Available Here!

This is a Prize League - To Enter See Here

Nicky Clark

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

Zab

Admin
I would be looking for a more proven striker at Top 6 SPFL standard for next season to be honest.

I’m not sure such a player actually exists. Morelos, Defoe, Edouard, Griffiths have all regularly scored goals for top 6 clubs but I can’t see us signing any of them.

That means we’ll have to look for someone who’s either scored at a lower level domestically (Dundee United, St. Mirren, Motherwell… or Championship) or abroad.

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
Ive not heard any murmurings that we're after Clark..I would be majorly disappointed if that is the level we are looking at. (nothing to suggest it is tho) We need to improve our options in that position imo. I thought we'd have had someone in by now in the central striker role if Im honest, although most teams transfer activity this close season seems to have been very muted.

I was hoping we'd make a couple/few really relatively impressive signings this close season that are more or less guaranteed starters and leaders. One at the back and either a modern 8 type and if Im being greedy a striker who will actively challenge for a first team spot not just be recognised as cover when needed.

I get the feeling we'll not be making any signing of note unless/until one of Doig/Porteous/Nisbet leave.

Reactions: Zab

Power

Legendary Radge
No knowledge on this.

Incredibly difficult to get a quality top 6/proven striker that will settle to be third choice at Hibs (or any club for that matter). Players want to play. Younger promising players or youths might be more willing to be that bit part player.

Not an impossible task but it is difficult if you look at who is 3rd and 4th choice elsewhere.

There is a separate but linked conversation about leaving spaces/opportunities for younger players too - catch 22 though, being back up won’t help progression (game time is super important).

Hopefully we go with another forward on the books this year ✅

Reactions: Zab

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Still think Cummings should've been the backup striker for us. Surely he would've come back to us rather than Dundee, with a point to prove?

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
I still think we should make an effort to get him.
He will score goals.
He'd score from the bench and give a selection headache. Of that I'm in no doubt. I recall his goals v Aberdeen in front of the FF Stand and against the Huns in front of the bigots. Two top quality finishes. He's certainly not just a bam. He can play....

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
He'd score from the bench and give a selection headache. Of that I'm in no doubt. I recall his goals v Aberdeen in front of the FF Stand and against the Huns in front of the bigots. Two top quality finishes. He's certainly not just a bam. He can play....
Cummings scored a few good goals which people are quick to forget. He had that habit of getting himself into the right place at the right time. With his pal SA I think it would of been a good signing and we'd get the best out of JC as he'd be home again.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Cummings scored a few good goals which people are quick to forget. He had that habit of getting himself into the right place at the right time. With his pal SA I think it would of been a good signing and we'd get the best out of JC as he'd be home again.

I actually wish he'd try and play a bit less, I always think he got ideas ahead of himself playing alongside the likes of Griffiths and Stokes. Both of them could pick the ball up anywhere and play. Jase I always thought was far better as a poacher, quicker than any defender over the 4 or 5 yards in the box and an excellent one touch finisher.
Proper poacher imo. He just didn't realise it.

Zab

Admin
I actually wish he'd try and play a bit less, I always think he got ideas ahead of himself playing alongside the likes of Griffiths and Stokes. Both of them could pick the ball up anywhere and play. Jase I always thought was far better as a poacher, quicker than any defender over the 4 or 5 yards in the box and an excellent one touch finisher.

Aye that’s a good point about Cummings. He’d have scored far more goals for Hibs had he simply stayed between the width of the posts, and come alive in the penalty box. He often dropped deep or drifted wide trying to get more involved, but that wasn’t the best use of his talents.

I do think the squad would benefit from a couple more gallus characters.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I've said for a while that I wouldn't have Cummings back as he had only really proved himself at a lower level and I was against bringing former players back in general. However I have changed my mind a bit now about this. I think bringing back a character like Jason would help lift the support and bring a bit of life to the dressing room. He knows the club and he knows some of the players who are still here from the last time he was at Hibs. As a third choice striker alongside Doidge and Nisbet I reckon he would be a pretty good option to have. He is an out and out penalty box poacher though, he doesn't have that many more strings to his bow apart from that.

Not sure he is Ross's type though.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Which is maybe the most important trait of top strikers. How many times it comes off their knees, shins etc because they were in the right place.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here