• Guest, Pickem Week 1 Available Here!

This is a Prize League - To Enter See Here

Nicky Clark

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Nicholas Alexander McCormack Clark (born 3 June 1991) is a Scottish professional footballer who plays as a striker for Hibernian....

...according to his Wikipedia page.

Not sure what anyone would have to gain by making that change?

Anyone heard anything?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Random.
The bottom of his career tab shows he signed an extension in January.
That would mean a reasonable fee. Could pay similar for a younger player we could sell on. Not sure there's legs in this.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Did he not score reasonable amount last season. I think he might have bagged more than Shankland or McNulty?

I agree a fee would need to minimal or a player swap for someone we don't use. He'd be a decent third choice striker though.

Zab

Admin
Did he not score reasonable amount last season. I think he might have bagged more than Shankland or McNulty?

I agree a fee would need to minimal or a player swap for someone we don't use. He'd be a decent third choice striker though.

Aye he did out score both of them. At 30 years old I wouldn’t be paying anything for him, but I agree he’d be a decent option as a third choice striker.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
A no from me. To be fair to him I believe he had a decent season last year but we should be looking at younger players as said in previous comments. I think he is contracted to them until 2023.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

Aye he did out score both of them. At 30 years old I wouldn’t be paying anything for him, but I agree he’d be a decent option as a third choice striker.

Agree with that, can't see them letting him go too cheaply (not that he would be expensive) it would be a fee best used elsewhere though imo.
A goal every 3 games for them over nearly 100 isn't a bad return. He would be acceptable as a third choice, but signing players to be last option sounds poor business wise?

Would be like signing a back-up CB instead of someone to put pressure on Paul and Ryan.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Agree with that, can't see them letting him go too cheaply (not that he would be expensive) it would be a fee best used elsewhere though imo.
A goal every 3 games for them over nearly 100 isn't a bad return. He would be acceptable as a third choice, but signing players to be last option sounds poor business wise?

Would be like signing a back-up CB instead of someone to put pressure on Paul and Ryan.

Also gotta think if United are trying to shift Shankland on to make money then Clark will be needed more.

Zab

Admin

Disagree with that, squad building takes all types of signings. Additions need to improve the squad for sure, but that doesn’t mean they’d be first choice.

At centre forward we have a clear first choice striker already in Nisbet. He’s a player we need to be starting every game for two reasons: to help us win games, and to increase his value for the inevitable sale. That means any striker we bring in has to be considered as competition. We desperately need another reliable striker at the club, who can step in which games need changed or Nisbet is unavailable/out of form. This kind of player fits the bill IMO.

Our needs at centre halve are not comparable, as I think we need to sign someone who can be first choice in that position.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Disagree with that, squad building takes all types of signings. Additions need to improve the squad for sure, but that doesn’t mean they’d be first choice.

At centre forward we have a clear first choice striker already in Nisbet. He’s a player we need to be starting every game for two reasons: to help us win games, and to increase his value for the inevitable sale. That means any striker we bring in has to be considered as competition. We desperately need another reliable striker at the club, who can step in which games need changed or Nisbet is unavailable/out of form. This kind of player fits the bill IMO.

Our needs at centre halve are not comparable, as I think we need to sign someone who can be first choice in that position.

I think young and prepared to step up when required is the way to go, especially if we're going to probably have to spend £1/200k, which I think someone who just signed a new deal and is important to them would/could cost. Nisbet is more than likely leaving, he's the only one of the 3 that haven't come out and said that they're happy to be staying on and focussing on this season as far as I'm aware? Could be and happy to be wrong.

But if I'm squad building, I'd be looking for someone to challenge to be second choice and force Doidge to be at his best to keep his spot. He can't really get away with another goal-less half season and anyone I'm looking at being a third choice type would be a player brought in to develop and grow into the position.

I do see your point, and accept the comparison is off though, as you're right, we do need a first choice there and less so up top.

Zab

Admin
I think young and prepared to step up when required is the way to go, especially if we're going to probably have to spend £1/200k, which I think someone who just signed a new deal and is important to them would/could cost. Nisbet is more than likely leaving, he's the only one of the 3 that haven't come out and said that they're happy to be staying on and focussing on this season as far as I'm aware? Could be and happy to be wrong.

But if I'm squad building, I'd be looking for someone to challenge to be second choice and force Doidge to be at his best to keep his spot. He can't really get away with another goal-less half season and anyone I'm looking at being a third choice type would be a player brought in to develop and grow into the position.

I do see your point, and accept the comparison is off though, as you're right, we do need a first choice there and less so up top.

Aye I think right now we need to sign someone to challenge Doidge for his place as second choice. No saying Clark is the answer by any means, but more generally we need someone with a bit of a track record coming in than gambling on a younger player when we’re looking at a second choice (if that makes sense).

If Nisbet we goes we will also need a first choice striker for. sure.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Nicky Clark is a good Championship standard striker....practically his whole career has been in the lower leagues in Scotland, and he has scored quite a lot of goals at that level.

Hibs need a third striker in to compete with Doidge and Nisbet...or whoever replaces Nisbet. That third striker has to be of decent standard because the chances are they will be called upon fairly regularly next season. We were quite fortunate that none of our main strikers suffered any serious injuries last season, we might not be so lucky this season coming.

Basically what I am saying is that we need at least a proven top six standard striker in, otherwise it's a waste of time. Clark isn't up to the standard we will need next season if we are serious about finishing third again or improving on that.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Nicky Clark is a good Championship standard striker....practically his whole career has been in the lower leagues in Scotland, and he has scored quite a lot of goals at that level.

Hibs need a third striker in to compete with Doidge and Nisbet...or whoever replaces Nisbet. That third striker has to be of decent standard because the chances are they will be called upon fairly regularly next season. We were quite fortunate that none of our main strikers suffered any serious injuries last season, we might not be so lucky this season coming.

Basically what I am saying is that we need at least a proven top six standard striker in, otherwise it's a waste of time. Clark isn't up to the standard we will need next season if we are serious about finishing third again or improving on that.

So Gullans fucked. Played at Championship level and didn't score enough times in my eyes.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here