Niall McGinn

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Express reporting today that Hibs have joined the race to sign him in January.
Hearts and Aberdeen have also shown an interest.
Lennon worked with him years ago when he was at Celtic.

aggie

Justified Radge
Express reporting today that Hibs have joined the race to sign him in January.
Hearts and Aberdeen have also shown an interest.
Lennon worked with him years ago when he was at Celtic.

Jambo i sit across from at work seems convinced they're getting him. Interesting.

Zab

Admin
Hearts have to sell/move on players before they can sign anyone as stated by Potter himself.

Aberdeen have plenty options in those areas, but they could go back in for him.

I’d like us to sign him but he’d want to be a starter and I can’t see him displacing Boyle, so he’d probably be competing for a spot with Barker, Swanson & Stokes...

Greenmachine

Hearts have to sell/move on players before they can sign anyone as stated by Potter himself.

Aberdeen have plenty options in those areas, but they could go back in for him.

I’d like us to sign him but he’d want to be a starter and I can’t see him displacing Boyle, so he’d probably be competing for a spot with Barker, Swanson & Stokes...

Barker seemed to do quite well against Hamilton on Saturday playing through the middle in that no. 10 role. His pace and skill is always going to trouble teams.
Maybe Lennon sees him more as an attacking midfielder than a winger though I doubt we will see many goals from him.
McGinn would be a good signing IMO if we could get him.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Ive heard a few mentions that he is the Gunts number 1 Jan target.

So we should absolutely do our best to sign him for that reason alone.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Spoke to a dons fan last week about this when McGinn was freed from his contract.

I said he would go back to Aberdeen rather than go to hertz.

The guy said, 'he's a fitba player, why the fuck would he go to hertz'!

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Lennon confirmed it, says we spoke to him and he hoped he liked what he saw at the game and that's that for now.
Headline was ''we're keen'' I'm sure.

Would we have to wait the month? Isn't he a free agent?

Greenmachine

Lennon confirmed it, says we spoke to him and he hoped he liked what he saw at the game and that's that for now.
Headline was ''we're keen'' I'm sure.

Would we have to wait the month? Isn't he a free agent?

Yes he is. He can sign for a club now if he wants. I seem to recall however that there is some odd rule about when he would be eligible to play for his new club outwith the transfer window or something like that. Seems to be quite a few clubs after him and Hearts have been trying to sign him for ages. Would be a bit of a coup if he ended up at Easter Road.

Last edited:

southfieldhibby

Would be amazed if he doesn't sign for Hearts. They'll offer him much more than we're prepared to, simply because they have to show they're the big team, and their fans are revolting x2

Would like him at Hibs, though.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Would be amazed if he doesn't sign for Hearts. They'll offer him much more than we're prepared to, simply because they have to show they're the big team, and their fans are revolting x2

Would like him at Hibs, though.

Every chance they will lose Walker in January, and in any event Potter has gone on record as saying a winger is a priority.

I think you're spot on - the Gunts can't afford to miss out on him, and certainly not to Hibs.

Would be a real GIRFUY moment if he signed for us.
:gunts:

Power

Legendary Radge
You never turn down a 'good' player but I dunno if he would get in the Hibs team. Resources not needed for 'somewhere else' in the squad?

He was hot and cold at Aberdeen, in and out of the team.