• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

News

newhoosehibby

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Shanley going out on loan to the gypsies

Who and who?

The gypsies?

Who and who?
Ryan Shanley

Who and who?
Took the words right off my keyboard.

Reactions: Dub
Ryan Shanley
Going to where? You're not exactly a mine of information.

Clyde?

??????Civil Service Strollers play/train at/near Gypsy Brae??????

Tyson Furys backroom team?

Aren't they the Bully Wee?

Aren't they the Bully Wee?
I read somewhere that they were called Gypsies on account of them moving parks over the years Dub.
They are the Bully Wee tae though.

Has this been deciphered yet? ?‍♂️

Ryan Shanley is going on loan to who?

Only gypsies reference I can find.

Attachments

• 4CE926D6-CF4A-4D71-B0FC-58D4727E23EC.png
    4CE926D6-CF4A-4D71-B0FC-58D4727E23EC.png
    616.3 KB · Views: 44
Only gypsies reference I can find.

Never heard that before but fair enough. @newhoosehibby didnae need to be so cryptic though.

What does Booly Wee mean.Something to do with wee marbles?Or perhaps wee balls of wool?

Jeez, I reckon its Bohemian in Ireland.

Jeez, I reckon its Bohemian in Ireland.
Think you've cracked the code.
:sm127:

What does Booly Wee mean.Something to do with wee marbles?Or perhaps wee balls of wool?

It's Bully Wee and the origin is unknown although there are three theories;

The club's nickname, "The Bully Wee", is of uncertain origin although the club themselves have advanced three theories.[71]

The first suggests that the clubs and supporters and perhaps players mainly came from Bridgeton, Glasgow, a tight working-class area whose inhabitants had a reputation as "wee bullies", with this becoming transposed as the Bully Wee.

Alternatively, it is also claimed that it comes from around 1900 when a group of French supporters paid a visit to Barrowfield and, upon the scoring of a disputed goal, were heard to remark "But il'y, oui?" or "Their goal, yes". Supporters listened to this unfamiliar phrase as "Bully Wee", and the name stuck.

Finally the third theory, and the one accepted by the club as the most plausible, links the term to the old Victorian idiom "bully" meaning first-rate or high standard and suggests that Clyde, a small club, would have been regularly referred to as "Bully Wee Clyde", with the first two words eventually becoming the standalone nickname.

Shanley off to Kelty on loan

Boo! I heard it was Bohemian in Dublin.

Yuck. They play in maroon and the chip shop ned is their manager and also they're not nicknamed the gypsies @newhoosehibby

Yuck. They play in maroon and the chip shop ned is their manager and also they're not nicknamed the gypsies @newhoosehibby
It’s a temporary move, he’s still going to be going to the gypsies I have been told

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
It’s a temporary move, he’s still going to be going to the gypsies I have been told
Bit racist.

BIG G

And scores...??

This thread has been viewed 2759 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back