• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Newcastle Diet

FifeHibs

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Good afternoon

After reading up i think the diet is primarily for diabetes reversal but has anyone who has not had diabetes tried the diet.
600 / 800 calories is very low intake per day but after putting on over 4 stone during Covid ( working in the house eating crap and drinking) I’m beginning to become fearful for health.
Thanks

4 stone eh?
Not a bad effort.
Hope you have got yourself into better employment now. Previous shitebags won’t have helped you with sensible eating and drinking. Stress fucks that up.

Are you disciplined enough to log everything you eat?

the problem in my experience is that big calorie deficit diets are unsustainable, and people tend to put all the weight back on, even if they work initially which they rarely do.

id suggest getting my fitness pal free version, and log everything you eat. You’re soon able to make informed choices on what to eat.

much better on several counts working to 2000 calories a day for example and losing 1lb-2lb a week.

interested to hear others views. I’ve just started putting a conscious effort in again with the aim of taking off 2 stone initially. Happy to do a thread on if people are interested?

Are you disciplined enough to log everything you eat?

the problem in my experience is that big calorie deficit diets are unsustainable, and people tend to put all the weight back on, even if they work initially which they rarely do.

id suggest getting my fitness pal free version, and log everything you eat. You’re soon able to make informed choices on what to eat.

much better on several counts working to 2000 calories a day for example and losing 1lb-2lb a week.

interested to hear others views. I’ve just started putting a conscious effort in again with the aim of taking off 2 stone initially. Happy to do a thread on if people are interested?
I would be. I need to lose a couple of stone.

I lost about 10 kilos since December by counting the calories ( I went with 2100 per day, eating pretty much what I like, just not buckets of it ) and building a home exercise and workout program.
I've slacked off on the calorie counting and eased the workouts, but the weight seems to be staying off.
Not sure where I'll be post-Euros, though, football, beers and junk food fest that it is.

I would be. I need to lose a couple of stone.
Me tae. I should be 6’11

My advice?Get on your bike.It's helped me get down a couple of inches on the waist.

I’m that embarrassed to go to gym these days. Don’t know if folk would be keen to play 5s one night a week or something.

I’m going on holiday next week ( Norfolk) , but once back , I would love to be involved in a “ bouncers getting less bouncey 🤪” support group.

I’m going on holiday next week ( Norfolk) , but once back , I would love to be involved in a “ bouncers getting less bouncey 🤪” support group.
Me tae, losing weight, not going to Norfolk!!

I’m that embarrassed to go to gym these days. Don’t know if folk would be keen to play 5s one night a week or something.

where do you live mate?
There’s a Monday mental health football game / group at starks park Kirkcaldy started up.

if you have any time during the day I organise a lot of football sessions in Edinburgh

Good afternoon

After reading up i think the diet is primarily for diabetes reversal but has anyone who has not had diabetes tried the diet.
600 / 800 calories is very low intake per day but after putting on over 4 stone during Covid ( working in the house eating crap and drinking) I’m beginning to become fearful for health.
Thanks
I'd be more inclined to think about the Keto diet which still allows for your 2000 calories a day but is made up of mainly healthy fats, protein and little carbs. I've been doing it 8 weeks and have lost 18lbs and no longer crave sugary or carb heavy foods. You can eat burgers, steaks, bacon and the like but obviously without the bread. You lose weight quickly which keeps the momentum going. You will hear a lot of people saying it's not sustainable but don't listen to them as their is growing academic evidence of its benefits such as significantly reducing blood sugars to the point of reversing type 2 diabetes. For me it has improved my eczema given me the boost to shift more weight by getting back to the gym.

However, as i don't drink i can only say that you would need to rethink your alcohol intake as this would impact on your body's ability to get into ketosis (when your body utilises it fat stores for energy rather than burn carbs).. I wouldn't go trying to limit yourself to 600/800 calories a day as your body will hang onto its fat stores if it thinks it it being starved.

Keto for beginners

I'd be more inclined to think about the Keto diet which still allows for your 2000 calories a day but is made up of mainly healthy fats, protein and little carbs. I've been doing it 8 weeks and have lost 18lbs and no longer crave sugary or carb heavy foods. You can eat burgers, steaks, bacon and the like but obviously without the bread. You lose weight quickly which keeps the momentum going. You will hear a lot of people saying it's not sustainable but don't listen to them as their is growing academic evidence of its benefits such as significantly reducing blood sugars to the point of reversing type 2 diabetes. For me it has improved my eczema given me the boost to shift more weight by getting back to the gym.

However, as i don't drink i can only say that you would need to rethink your alcohol intake as this would impact on your body's ability to get into ketosis (when your body utilises it fat stores for energy rather than burn carbs).. I wouldn't go trying to limit yourself to 600/800 calories a day as your body will hang onto its fat stores if it thinks it it being starved.

Keto for beginners
Sounds like the Atkins diet. Ironically he was clinically obese when he died.

where do you live mate?
There’s a Monday mental health football game / group at starks park Kirkcaldy started up.

if you have any time during the day I organise a lot of football sessions in Edinburgh
Any info on the groups around Edinburgh?

Sounds like the Atkins diet. Ironically he was clinically obese when he died.
And Harcombe.

That said, I think that the less processed food you eat the better.

Reactions: Zab
Haven't heard of Newcastle diet. I do think a low carb diet is extremely helpful for diabetes though I am not convinced cutting out carbs altogether is a good thing. My 3experience of diets is as has been said here, afterwards it is hard to maintain.
I was at the doctors this morning..I also have diabetes but came off all medication after diet and exercise. He said peoples blood sugars are way higher due to lockdown.
There was a poster in the gym I go to which says, "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will see results." It takes a while to get your head around that statement but I am fine di g it to be true. Make small changes and add to them. Sustainable changes are way better than crazy crash diets where you can easily put more weight on than you started with when it all goes Pete tong.

J I do think a low carb diet is extremely helpful for diabetes though I am not convinced cutting out carbs altogether is a good thing. My 3experience of diets is as has been said here, afterwards it is hard to maintain.
I was at the doctors this morning..I also have diabetes but came off all medication after diet and exercise. He said peoples blood sugars are way higher due to lockdown.
There was a poster in the gym I go to which says, "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will see results." It takes a while to get your head around that statement but I am fine di g it to be true. Make small changes and add to them. Sustainable changes are way better than crazy crash diets where you can easily put more weight on than you started with when it all goes Pete tong.
I think if you follow it closely it gets your weight Toon.

I think if you follow it closely it gets your weight Toon.
Reported.

:coffee1:

Reactions: Zab
Any info on the groups around Edinburgh?

sent you a pm mate

where do you live mate?

What time in Kdy on a Monday mate? Im
Seriously out of shape these days though

65F5BF65-5039-42CB-B3AD-E9D7863C4EB6.jpeg

This thread has been viewed 1450 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back