• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• Welcome to the Bounce

A Place Full Of Radges!

• hibeesbounce

New Hibs writer

James Stephen

New radge
Reaction score
Introducing myself, my name is James Stephen and i have just written a new book about that day in May, which tells the full story, from the seven year decline that led to relegation in 2014, a history of the Scottish Cup curse and the a full examination of the aftermath of the final, and how it has transformed the club.

Good to meet you all!

i am a Bounce admin, tell us more James.

Sounds interesting but £8 for a kindle book - ouch!

Just a sales pitch then.

Pretty sure we won’t hear from you again on here.
The money’s rotten.

What’s your hibs background James?

You died before I was born.

You died before I was even born!

I suppose it could have been your granddad.

You died before I was born.

You died before I was even born!

I suppose it could have been your granddad.

You need to go to bed now Jack.
Just leave the glass out. You can wash it in the morning.

Introducing myself, my name is James Stephen and i have just written a new book about that day in May, which tells the full story, from the seven year decline that led to relegation in 2014, a history of the Scottish Cup curse and the a full examination of the aftermath of the final, and how it has transformed the club.

Good to meet you all!

Welcome tae the Bounce. I heard about your book, looking forward tae reading it. Used tae go tae the games wi your Dad many moons ago.

Just a sales pitch then.

The money’s rotten.
That is what I am thinking tbh

Jeezo, this is tough crowd eh...

Yeah, I appreciate that some people might find it too expensive, and that’s fair enough. But I think if people think about the work that goes into it, then they might see where I am coming from.

The whole point of the book is to try and capture the full context of the cup win - both regarding the the long, slow decline we had been in since 2007, that made the likelihood of winning it when we did - in the middle of three years in the lower league - all the less, and all the more amazing for it. And of course, what happened afterwards, both immediately with the enormous press backlash and the, ahem, riot, to the resurgence of the whole club since - fortunately the recent bad run was after the writing was finished!

Anyway, I suppose it is a bit of a sales pitch, in the sense that I hope Hibs fans like it, enjoy it, and buy it. There are hard copies coming out in January also, if people prefer, and they will be £15.

Anyway, hopefully I pass the stringent vetting process and can get stuck into the message boards soon.

James

Just a sales pitch then.

The money’s rotten.

Hopefully not mate, certainly don’t mean to come across that way.

What’s your hibs background James?[

Im not entirely sure how to answer that... my Hibs background is that im from a large Hibs supporting family and have supported them all my life and I sit in the east with half a dozen mates.

Welcome to the Bounce James.

I look forward to reading your book.
I like the title you've chosen for it , inspired (nicked!) from the unforgettable audio of that glorious day.....

I'd like to ask you the same question : What kept you from joining the Bounce prior to having a book to sell :puzzledsmiley:

This thread has been viewed 435 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back