New forum viewer

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Just joined, Brum fan, always had a soft spot for Hibs due to being founded in the same year as my club.
One of my mates used to have a soft spot for Birmingham City in his UB40 days so we made a weekend of it in York to watch them. This was in the Ricky Otto/Barry Fry days. Paid about 800k for him and he also played like someone that had spent years in jail for armed robbery. Read that he’s a preacher now!!

Used to think there were a few similarities between them and Hibs around that time - more successful neighbours used to take second prizes off the park - but with McGinn playing at Villa there will be plenty looking for Villa results these days. Hope he leaves them in the summer tho and we activate another clause in his deal đź’°

You’ll still find some decent boozers in Leith if you do make it back up - among the gentrification that has gone on down that way amid a new batch of phannies with plummy accents.

1875 what a year..

New radge
One of my mates used to have a soft spot for Birmingham City in his UB40 days so we made a weekend of it in York to watch them. This was in the Ricky Otto/Barry Fry days. Paid about 800k for him and he also played like someone that had spent years in jail for armed robbery. Read that he’s a preacher now!!

Used to think there were a few similarities between them and Hibs around that time - more successful neighbours used to take second prizes off the park - but with McGinn playing at Villa there will be plenty looking for Villa results these days. Hope he leaves them in the summer tho and we activate another clause in his deal đź’°

You’ll still find some decent boozers in Leith if you do make it back up - among the gentrification that has gone on down that way amid a new batch of phannies with plummy accents.
Thanks for the post mate, will make it up for a game when/if we're allowed back in, and sample some more of the nightlife when i do. Don't mind a bit of gentrification, but prefer old school boozers. The gentrification will happen in an area called Digbeth, which is between the city centre and our ground, at the moment there is a lot of older boozers of which we all use. If you like your 2 Tone, Ska/Reggae, Mod and Soul music then you'll enjoy Brum, one of our lads is a resident DJ and plays all this stuff after games and into the night, also for Coventry fans who venture there.

Have to grudgingly admit, the Vile as we call them, have a very good team this season, and McGinn is excelling in the middle, which is good for Scotland also. We do like to remind them that we're the only West Mids club to win something this century, tick tock, 25 years now.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Thanks for the post mate, will make it up for a game when/if we're allowed back in, and sample some more of the nightlife when i do. Don't mind a bit of gentrification, but prefer old school boozers. The gentrification will happen in an area called Digbeth, which is between the city centre and our ground, at the moment there is a lot of older boozers of which we all use. If you like your 2 Tone, Ska/Reggae, Mod and Soul music then you'll enjoy Brum, one of our lads is a resident DJ and plays all this stuff after games and into the night, also for Coventry fans who venture there.

Have to grudgingly admit, the Vile as we call them, have a very good team this season, and McGinn is excelling in the middle, which is good for Scotland also. We do like to remind them that we're the only West Mids club to win something this century, tick tock, 25 years now.
aye, but it wisnae the European Cup :)

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I remember Hibs played away at Villa in preseason late eighties. Was working a nightshift that morning when boy I knew arrived with the young team who were all heading down. Me and my mate were gutted we couldn’t go. 1989.

We made it to Millwall the following summer tho.

C79B651E-9E3A-4AF6-A4C2-3CA1F07FAE42.jpeg99E90E21-648F-404E-8AA1-2623DBA3732E.jpeg

1875 what a year..

New radge
I remember Hibs played away at Villa in preseason late eighties. Was working a nightshift that morning when boy I knew arrived with the young team who were all heading down. Me and my mate were gutted we couldn’t go. 1989.

We made it to Millwall the following summer tho.

View attachment 4332View attachment 4333
Yes i remember you playing them, was newly married at the time so couldn't take a butchers.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: ÂŁ107.00
Donations so far: ÂŁ50.00