• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

New Alex Salmond Party

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

He needs tae get yin o them sign for the deaf folks in the top corner of the screen.

Well that solves the Nationalists 1st vote, 2nd vote dilemma on here. Two for the price of one. Buy one get one free.

BIG G

Will probably solidify the SNP vote on 1st vote, now the more radical fringe element has started up their own party. not surprised to see Wings over Scotland getting first dibs on a question.

Will wait to see the manifesto, but would take something quite extraordinary for me to not vote Greens 2nd vote

Well that solves the Nationalists 1st vote, 2nd vote dilemma on here. Two for the price of one. Buy one get one free.

BIG G

I very much doubt I would ever vote for him.

Main headlines on all news channels. Just saw a wee Green MSP Greer going appopleptic, giving it that Salmond is less popular in Scotland than Johnson. Fine coming from a Party whose only claim to fame is being tied to the Scottish Governments apron strings. Maybe shitting themseves that the Alba Party makes their role untenable. Poor souls.

BIG G

I always gave Margo my 2nd vote and Andy Wightman got mine in 2016,pity he’s no standing here again.

Defo not voting Mr “Sleepy cuddle” and his Wings pals,Green probably again with reservations...

Wanted to see what Greer going apoplectic looked like, didn't think he had it in him

And he doesn't. Seems perfectly calm and reasonable.

I agree Southfield, seems calm and reasonable, as he was when i thought he kicked piers morgans arse over churchill. The number of politicians who will stop at nothing to try and stay relevant, Salmond joins Galloway, Farage and Kilroy Silk. Its really pathetic.

Incidentally Big G, much as i love you and we have many vicious agreements, I'm not sure you do yourself many favours with the constant 'Nationalists' references. We've been through this before, either you can be a supporter of independence and not be a nationalist (me) and a supporter of the Union and not be a nationalist (you), or we are both nationalists, me a Scottish one and you a British one. There's no logic in the idea that to want to end a nation is nationalistic but to want to maintain it is not.

Wanted to see what Greer going apoplectic looked like, didn't think he had it in him

And he doesn't. Seems perfectly calm and reasonable.
That's the tale end of what he said, meekly saying the above after the news presenter twice had to tell him to watch what was saying as he ranted.

BIG G

I agree Southfield, seems calm and reasonable, as he was when i thought he kicked piers morgans arse over churchill. The number of politicians who will stop at nothing to try and stay relevant, Salmond joins Galloway, Farage and Kilroy Silk. Its really pathetic.

Incidentally Big G, much as i love you and we have many vicious agreements, I'm not sure you do yourself many favours with the constant 'Nationalists' references. We've been through this before, either you can be a supporter of independence and not be a nationalist (me) and a supporter of the Union and not be a nationalist (you), or we are both nationalists, me a Scottish one and you a British one. There's no logic in the idea that to want to end a nation is nationalistic but to want to maintain it is not.
In these discussions you know well that I do not support the Union but neither support or advocate Independence on a Capitalist basis.

BIG G

By the way this is the second time on the Bounce in less than a week that a non SNP advocate of Scottish Independence has said.....
'Big G, much as I love you.' Is this a first?

BIG G

In these discussions you know well that I do not support the Union but neither support or advocate Independence on a Capitalist basis.

BIG G
Hmmm, but by your logic voting no to independence makes you a Unionist, given you say voting yes makes me a nationalist

By the way this is the second time on the Bounce in less than a week that a non SNP advocate of Scottish Independence has said.....
'Big G, much as i love you.' Is this a first?

BIG G
when i say love i mean quite like

Ha

Good stuff

Am I right in thinking that Salmond is a confirmed sex pest, albeit one who didn't cross the criminal law threshold? I'll certainly not be voting for him.

I think this is an interesting move - it's certainly going to appeal to folk who don't think there are enough dirty bastards in politics.

Potentially this just looks like it will split the SNP vote.

I don’t especially like being called a nationalist simply because I want independence, but there’s a certain group of folk who don’t want independence that really really hate being called unionists. Oddly those same folk are totally fine calling me a nationalist or a Nat if they’re feeling rather perky.

I don’t especially like being called a nationalist simply because I want independence, but there’s a certain group of folk who don’t want independence that really really hate being called unionists. Oddly those same folk are totally fine calling me a nationalist or a Nat if they’re feeling rather perky.
I don't think most supporters of Scottish independence fit the dictionary definition of nationalism at all:

"a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations"

To me that's a clearer description of the UK government than the Scottish government. The outcome of the EU referendum also indicates that England is more nationalist than Scotland in my view.

Nationalist as a term does tend to be used by the likes of Boris Johnson and certain posters in ad hominem attacks. It plays well in support of their positions I suppose.

I don't think most supporters of Scottish independence fit the dictionary definition of nationalism at all:

"a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations"

To me that's a clearer description of the UK government than the Scottish government. The outcome of the EU referendum also indicates that England is more nationalist than Scotland in my view.

Nationalist as a term does tend to be used by the likes of Boris Johnson and certain posters in ad hominem attacks. It plays well in support of their positions I suppose.
Exactly ours is a civic nationalism as opposed to English/British nationalism which is about barriers and closing in on itself with nostalgia for days of empire and supremacy.

An Indy option on the list that isn’t green and can win seats.

what’s not to like.

what’s not to like.
Salmond.

Indeed. A narcissistic sex pest with no self awareness. Want that vote bojo

Am I right in thinking that Salmond is a confirmed sex pest, albeit one who didn't cross the criminal law threshold? I'll certainly not be voting for him.

He makes my skin crawl. I won't be voting for him either, and is McAskill, Cherry and others wish to join him, they lose my support too.

what’s not to like.

Him?

He makes my skin crawl. I won't be voting for him either, and is McAskill, Cherry and others wish to join him, they lose my support too.
I used to see him in the phone box in Linlithgow (well after everyone had mobiles) so it was obvious he was a wrong un up to no good.

Why would anyone vote for Mr Sleepy Cuddle,wandering hands, sleazy sex pest?

In terms of his ego having to be in the limelight, he is becoming a Scottish Farage.

I have no idea who will benefit the most from this re the election, but it will just add to Indy / Union being the only talking point.

Last edited:
I used to see him in the phone box in Linlithgow (well after everyone had mobiles) so it was obvious he was a wrong un up to no good.
Well, no point in having a slash on your mobile phone. Too messy.

Him?
Cherry has just come out and said she's not involved.

A clearly horrible ****.
A narcissist who's ego is out of control
And a fecking gunt

It is however really funny calling labour voting fans of the tribute act unionists

It is however really funny calling labour voting fans of the tribute act unionists
Could you decipher that for the slow of learning?

BIG G

Could you decipher that for the slow of learning?

BIG G
Celtic fans

I'm seeing a lot of people saying they're not/they wouldn't vote for Alex Salmond. Unless you live in the region he's on the list for you're not able to.

I agree that he's unlikeable but he (and now also the Alba party) have more hunger for independence than the current SNP leadership will ever have. If it means that we can get rid of some of those career list unionist politicians whilst also holding the SNP's feet to the fire on independence they will do for me.

I have read many times, including on the Bounce that voting SNP for many is a means to an end towards independence or of 'holding their noses' whilst voting SNP.

Does the same reasoning not apply to the Alba party?

Him?

Hes standing in the north east so I’m not voting for him.

Ill be voting for local Indy guy Chris McAleny - who was 4th on the snp list and hopefully Colette Walker if the ISP throw their lot in with Alba today.

both good Indy focussed people.

if I vote snp I’ll get Tory and Labour list msps or perhaps a green - Ross Greer - but he’s projected to lose his seat anyway.

mot I could vote Alba and hopefully get an Indy Msp.

it would be a dilemma if it was Salmond I was voting for, but I’m not.

54EB1A5F-7927-425A-829D-36627A3AD6CC.png

Lolz from Blackford, who I find to be far too smug.

Lolz from Blackford, who I find to be far too smug.

I don't trust McAskill, his lies about being a Hibby were cringeworthy.

pretty sure he is a hibby, maybe not a regular match goer, but i doubt blackford gets to too many games either.

This thread has been viewed 16375 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50