• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

New Alex Salmond Party

You might think that's funny @davhfc but Labour did identify constituencies where only women would be considered as candidates.

To be fair to you when I found that out I thought they were joking too.

Your top choices might be the wrong gender!
In the snp case it was the wrong kind of disability.

I voted SNP 1 and Green 2
Ended up with an SNP MSP,a Green MSP and an Indy majority in parliament.

Worked out pretty well imo

Me too.

You might think that's funny @davhfc but Labour did identify constituencies where only women would be considered as candidates.

This is a genuine problem for them - putting identity first.

In contrast, the Tories would never even entertain such a stipulation; but then what matters to them is Tory first, identity second. Which has had the curious outcome that it's them who've had a Jewish PM, a gay PM (notwithstanding not openly), and (count 'em) two female PMs; whereas it's "progressive" Labour who've only ever elected the root of all evil straight white men. Funny.

It's almost as if what people think isn't a direct product of whatever ascriptive identity category they belong to.

I'd also put money on the Tories electing the first "BAME" PM. Just as long as he/she/they are true blue Conservative to the bone (Sunak looks a shoo-in).

By the end of this parliament, in the last 50 years the only Labour leader to win a general election will be Tony Blair

By the end of this parliament, in the last 50 years the only Labour leader to win a general election will be Tony Blair
Well that’s depressing

Keeps electing the wrong leaders. From the left & right....

I’m sure it’s something wild along the lines of Labour have only been in power for 30 out of the last 120 years,England keeps electing Tories.

Yes, I had seen that.

Also the snp have done something similar with disabled people. Everyone should be counted equal in an election, if you are good convincing enough then people will vote for you.

Yes, I had seen that.

Also the snp have done something similar with disabled people. Everyone should be counted equal in an election, if you are good convincing enough then people will vote for you.
Thing is even when whoever it is that's fixed the candidates its the electorate that's makes the final decision. The party could still end up with all men or all women representing them in Parliament!

This thread has been viewed 16407 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50