• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nathan Wood Signs from Boro

Welcome to Hibs. Leave as a legend son. 💚

Welcome to Hibs! Alot of Boro fans thought he would be in there first team ao hopefully a good aigning.

My mate is a ‘boro fan, says this lad is seriously good.

Apart from Boyler I thought we were looking a bit pedestrian in our build up play.Here's hoping.

Bummer.I have to come out of Microsoft and go over to Brave to see who it is.
I have no idea what you just said. Congrats!

First Wood at Hibs since the 50s..

( it’s my surname)

welcome to Hibs

First Wood at Hibs since the 50s.

Speak for yourself 😛

Speak for yourself 😛

I had to check Shrink didn’t type that.

😁

If this is it then this looks like being a very underwhelming transfer window as Mathie and Jack have went on and on for months now about wanting a central defender and striker in.🤔

Well it's been achieved but it really hard to see that Woods (loan) and Scott (loan) were the number one picks.

It doesn't mean they weren't on the radar but it goes totally against the ethos Hibs were selling only very recently that era of constant loan deals was counter productive.🤔

McCart of St Johnstone probably was the number one pick on a permanent deal basis but paying a transfer fee plus huge wages isn't Hibs style.😥

It might have been had Hibs managed to get Doig out of the door and god did they try with Jack Ross early intervention which was so much out of character.

Very big kudos though to keeping Porto and Nissy who seem to have gone afffy quiet after their petulance of last January which is most surprising though you can't imagine their wee mooths will be stummmmm again this January.

The main competitors obviously are The Sheep 🐏 who seem to have recruited reasonably well and with more long term thought and the Puddledrinkers💧have who have veered towards quantity over quality.

Both of them will be taking a look at Hibs recruitment this summer with more than a hint of satisfaction as there was a window of opportunity there for Hibs but to many potential deals just didn't seem to make it over the line.😥

Last edited:
If this is it then this looks like being a very underwhelming transfer window as Mathie and Jack have went on and on for months now about wanting a central defender and striker in.🤔

Well it's been achieved but it really hard to see that Woods (loan) and Scott (loan) were the number one picks.

It doesn't mean they weren't on the radar but it goes totally against the ethos Hibs were selling only very recently that era of constant loan deals was counter productive.🤔

McCart of St Johnstone probably was the number one pick on a permanent deal basis but paying a transfer fee plus huge wages isn't Hibs style.😥

It might have been had Hibs managed to get Doig out of the door and god did they try with Jack Ross early intervention which was so much out of character.

Kudos though to keeping Porto and Nissy who seem to have gone afffy quiet after their petulance of last January which is most surprising though you can't imagine their wee mooths will be stummmmm again this January.

The main competitors obviously are The Sheep 🐏 who seem to have recruited reasonably well and with more long term thought and the Puddledrinkers💧have who have veered towards quantity over quality.

Both of them will be taking a look at Hibs recruitment this summer with more than a hint of satisfaction as there was a window of opportunity there for Hibs but to many potential deals just didn't seem to make it over the line.😥
Well said.

Kudos though to keeping Porto and Nissy who seem to have gone afffy quiet after their petulance of last January which is most surprising though you can't imagine their wee mooths will be stummmmm again this January.

Watch mate, you will be getting called out for being Negative.

Been decades since he had wood😀

Been decades since he had wood😀
splinters more like :22:

No, he won't.
It's a good post.
Hes not saying we have no chance of competing

Huge difference.

I've already agreed umpteen times that we should've done better business.

No, he won't.
It's a good post.

Huge difference.

Wood sounds a promising signing , big and quick and an England U21 . Thats the one positive for me .
Lets hope its not another good sounding young player who rarely plays

No, he won't.
It's a good post.

Huge difference.

Fuck off, every time you come out with the negativity pish when it’s something you don’t agree with, everyone is entitled to their opinions it’s not all one sided either

Fuck off, every time you come out with the negativity pish when it’s something you don’t agree with, everyone is entitled to their opinions it’s not all one sided either

So I'm entitled to my opinion too then?
Saying he was gonna get hit with negativity was clearly a jab at me for saying it to you.

Just clarifying my position on it.

You think we've no chance of competing for Europe
I do.

One is positive
One is negative

I'm away for the night now
Catch up with the rest of it tomorrow

Disagreements and debate are what this is place is for, telling about Bouncer to “fuck off” is totally out of order. Unacceptable that.

Seems unlikely, I'd say @SlovSam has a strong track record of balanced and well reasoned posts.

Disagreements and debate are what this is place is for, telling about Bouncer to “fuck off” is totally out of order. Unacceptable that.
lol its never been a problem in the past its a football forum i hardly think anyone is going to take offence . @The Family has had plenty slaggings over the years and got on with it

So I'm entitled to my opinion too then?
Saying he was gonna get hit with negativity was clearly a jab at me for saying it to you.

Just clarifying my position on it.

You think we've no chance of competing for Europe
I do.

One is positive
One is negative

I'm away for the night now
Catch up with the rest of it tomorrow

You posted the negative comment and not the first time either you have mentioned that about me.

@Zab your making a mountain out a mole hill, my words fuck off is using in just with the flow of a conversation, not personally telling @Hammi to Fuck Off!!

He's fine, I can take it.

You posted the negative comment and not the first time either you have mentioned that about me.

Pattern of negativity then.
Sometimes you're fine, other times you're nothing but negative pish.
I think writing off the whole season already is negative.
That's my opinion.

There's a lot of football to play, we've got competition this season, but they're hardly world beating top quality sides.
Aberdeen just drew with Ross County with those world class players of theirs.
Nothing to fear.

He's fine, I can take it.

Pattern of negativity then.
Sometimes you're fine, other times you're nothing but negative pish.
I think writing off the whole season already is negative.
That's my opinion.

There's a lot of football to play, we've got competition this season, but they're hardly world beating top quality sides.
Aberdeen just drew with Ross County with those world class players of theirs.
Nothing to fear.

See there you go again with your negative pish comments, other posters have had the same concerns as me but I am the only negative one, give it a rest eh it’s childish and pathetic tbh

See there you go again with your negative pish comments, other posters have had the same concerns as me but I am the only negative one, give it a rest eh it’s childish and pathetic tbh

Nae bother you big positive ray of sunshine you 🌞

Having concerns are one thing, point blank stating we have no chance is something else.

Having concerns are one thing, point blank stating we have no chance is something else.

There’s another spin, I don’t feel we have the squad in depth end of story as others have already pointed out we are short on much needed positions.

Depends on what we all mean by "competing " I guess . Looks to me like our business is done so just need to see how it goes let's just hope Nisbet stays injury free though

Depends on what we all mean by "competing " I guess . Looks to me like our business is done so just need to see how it goes let's just hope Nisbet stays injury free though
I have a sneaking suspicion our business isn't done.No insights just old age.

If we finish 3rd, then we've competed for third.
If we're a couple points off, but taken points off the 2 expectant rivals, I'd say we have.

If we finish up there but take no points from them, then despite the positioning. We haven't competed against them.

There are varying definitions, even in my largely green tinted view, being better than the less competitive sides won't cut it for me.

As it stands, we've got goals in us, the fact Kevin only has 2 of our 10 gives me confidence up the business end of the park. (Are both of his league goals? I only know off the top of my head that he has 2)

I have a sneaking suspicion our business isn't done.No insights just old age.
I hope you’re right.

past experience tells me we probably are done with ins. But probably not with outs.

I hope you’re right.

past experience tells me we probably are done with ins. But probably not with outs.
BBC suggesting our January arrival is heading over the pond a little earlier....

BBC suggesting our January arrival is heading over the pond a little earlier....
That would be helpful. If he lands in Scotland in the middle of winter he’ll just turn right round and leave again.

If we finish 3rd, then we've competed for third.
If we're a couple points off, but taken points off the 2 expectant rivals, I'd say we have.

If we finish up there but take no points from them, then despite the positioning. We haven't competed against them.

There are varying definitions, even in my largely green tinted view, being better than the less competitive sides won't cut it for me.

As it stands, we've got goals in us, the fact Kevin only has 2 of our 10 gives me confidence up the business end of the park. (Are both of his league goals? I only know off the top of my head that he has 2)
Think I'd go with our final league position, if we're close we've competed, 12 points behind we haven't regardless of who we beat or lose to

Think I'd go with our final league position, if we're close we've competed, 12 points behind we haven't regardless of who we beat or lose to

We have to be better than them on the park, position is the most important thing of course as it's a season not a head to head, but alot of that is consistency, if we take 0 points from Hearts or Aberdeen but finish above them, it'll still have a bad taste for me.

Alot of my argument is that I don't fear them, beating them and being better than them head to head carries weight for me.

We have to be better than them on the park, position is the most important thing of course as it's a season not a head to head, but alot of that is consistency, if we take 0 points from Hearts or Aberdeen but finish above them, it'll still have a bad taste for me.

Alot of my argument is that I don't fear them, beating them and being better than them head to head carries weight for me.
It's an unlikely situation of course , not sure I'd care much if it happened though

I agree.Bragging rights are important in a discussion with sheep and gunts !

I have no idea what you just said. Congrats!
I use Microsoft as my usual search engine.If I use that for some reason I can't see pictures that are shown here from Twitter.All I see is some grey squares.However if I use Brave another search engine I can then see the pictures succesfully.

Seems unlikely, I'd say @SlovSam has a strong track record of balanced and well reasoned posts.

That's the first time I have caused a decent 'square go' without even being around.😱

Many thanks though you missed out knowledgeable, perceptive, humorous and maybe boring as well.😉

Last edited:
Well looks like hes gone back down the road . On the face of it it looks like his loan signing was an unmitigated disaster for us and him . How can the England u21 captain not get a game for us, he must have something about him to be u21 captain 🤷🏼‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 5944 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back