• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nathan Wood Signs from Boro

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
Central defender...

Looks to have a pedigree of sorts. Under 16, 17 and 18 international.
Could be anything.

Good enough to get regular game time I league one, backup in the championship.
Wikipedia says he's very quick, stats on football manager say he's big, strong and can play as a right back. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him line up at right back.
Could be a pretty good player tbh.

Good enough to get regular game time I league one, backup in the championship.
Wikipedia says he's very quick, stats on football manager say he's big, strong and can play as a right back. Wouldn't be surprised if we see him line up at right back.
Could be a pretty good player tbh.
Fingers crossed he is as good as last full back we got from Middlesbrough.

We need proven experience in that position but we won't pay for it.

Same old Hibs...different owner.

We've tried paying for it, pretty sure we'll still try and pay for someone.

If true I think this will be in addition to another permanent central defender. JR has probably seen the Daz just isnā€™t quite where he used to be anymore so need additional cover especially if he can play right back as well

We've tried paying for it, pretty sure we'll still try and pay for someone.
I don't think we will

In the final year of his contract at Middlesbrough by the looks of it. Heā€™ll have a point to prove, whether thatā€™s earning a deal here at Hibs, back at the Boro, or elsewhere down south. Heā€™s young so I think heā€™ll be the third choice behind Porteous and Hanlon, which is fine as we really need to move on from McGregor.

Wonder if weā€™ll wait it out on McCart and/or Kerr to get them on pre-contracts in January.

In the final year of his contract at Middlesbrough by the looks of it. Heā€™ll have a point to prove, whether thatā€™s earning a deal here at Hibs, back at the Boro, or elsewhere down south. Heā€™s young so I think heā€™ll be the third choice behind Porteous and Hanlon, which is fine as we really need to move on from McGregor.

Wonder if weā€™ll wait it out on McCart and/or Kerr to get them on pre-contracts in January.

Kinda feel like that too, said in the other thread that I think we'd revisit this in January. If they don't leave this window, then they're free to talk, then St J will have less options and be more open to the offers.
Something will be better than nothing for them at that point.

Prefer plastic.
Oh wait we're Green these days.

It's a smart move I think. We have Cadden on the way back and he will probably be our first choice right back. I'd rather we spent money on other area's and sign this young lad on loan as cover.

Fingers crossed he is as good as last full back we got from Middlesbrough.
Jonathan Grounds?

David Murphy Iā€™d have thought.

David Murphy Iā€™d have thought.
Aye I know. Being a pedant for fun and profit

Jonathan Grounds?
Ha ha
Let's forget him šŸ˜† šŸ¤£

Ha ha

I had šŸ˜«

Ha ha
Jonathan Grounds?

I was down watching Sheffield Utd v Birmingham City with @Uncy a couple of years back and there was a Brum fan in the pub with a "Johnathan Grounds is Superman" t-shirt on.

Grounds either got a lot better or Brum fans have very low standards.

Wood at the game today..

Wood at the game today..

Christ, I hope he didn't have to leave at half timešŸ˜

Seemingly Ross said there was players watching in the stands, anyone know who? One was the lad from Boro but who were the others.

Can play defensive midfield? I like the sound of that - proper dm in place of Newell.

interesting chat from the boro end / wanting to punt him out on loan to toughen him up.

I really donā€™t know what to make of these deals, I think we picked up Chris Hogg albeit on a free after he had played all the age groups at England.

if he was going to be boros level you would expect him to breaking into their team by now.

Did Chris Hogg no captain the England under 20s

Did Chris Hogg no captain the England under 20s
Who you asking?
Yersel?

Signed on loan till the end of the season.

Welcome to the Hibees Nathan...

Welcome big guy!!
I like the look of this, even if it is just a year.

I donā€™t believe it until I see a scarf above his head

Bummer.I have to come out of Microsoft and go over to Brave to see who it is.

Ok now I can see the photo, welcome.

Hope he can help us out this season. Good luck.

Welcome to Hibs Nathan

Enjoyed this interview (after I finally managed to get logged in and find it). Seems an ambitious laddie who has every intention of battling for a place in the team.

Like the sound of his searing pace. Always a good quality for a modern defender.

Enjoyed this interview (after I finally managed to get logged in and find it). Seems an ambitious laddie who has every intention of battling for a place in the team.

Good lad.

šŸ˜
Welcome tae the Hibs Nathan

This thread has been viewed 5995 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£47.50