• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Nae cheatin quiz

Right nationality

Christian Vieri?

Andrea Pirlo?

No.

As a clue the WCs he played in were 82,86,90 and 98

miss the away day drives with @tricky and others, quiz prepared with a round specific to the team we're playing then a general one.

This question had us stumped all the way to Aberdeen I think.

Paulo Maldini?

No mate, but he is a defender

No mate, but he is a defender

Dunno what I was thinking with the dates you mentioned, Maldini would have been a kid in 1982!

Dunno what I was thinking with the dates you mentioned, Maldini would have been a kid in 1982!
Feels like he started playing for Milan when he was 12!

Costacurta?

A few weeks older than me and made his senior debut aged 16 in 1984.

Costacurta?
no mate. Internazionale legend.

Marco Tardelli?

No one's going to get this. I cheated and looked up the answer.

Angelo Peruzzi? Just saw him on the bench while watching the German semi final.

Second guess. Massaro. Think he was more Milan than Inter though. Huddie anaw

Last edited:
Wasn't there a wee striker who came from almost nowhere, Schillacci?

Toto Schillachi, hero of Italia 90. Fairly mad looking lad. Think the whole nation was waiting for Baggio to get going and only really did in the quarter final I think?

OK, answer is Guiseppe Bergomi, Inter captain for 20 years. Only won 1 title, with Napoli, Milan then Juve being dominant. Won 3 UEFA cups though.

82 was a nipper and called up, 86 WC winners got in without qualifying, 90 Italy hosted and 98 late call up.

Surprised nobody got that.

:coffee1:

OK, answer is Guiseppe Bergomi, Inter captain for 20 years. Only won 1 title, with Napoli, Milan then Juve being dominant. Won 3 UEFA cups though.

82 was a nipper and called up, 86 WC winners got in without qualifying, 90 Italy hosted and 98 late call up.

That is a seriously impressive piece of trivia

Surprised nobody got that.

:coffee1:
Can’t deny it, a wee bit disappointed in the collective hive mind of the bounce. Entry level question ?

@Hibees-Mad I pass the baton onto you

Can’t deny it, a wee bit disappointed in the collective hive mind of the bounce. Entry level question ?

Your expectations are way too high. EGB and other clever *&*^ have left the rest of us gibbering and drooling on here. Most of the Bounce cannae even spell IQ.

Most of the Bounce cannae even spell IQ.
If you're referring to the tv prog made famous by Stephen Fry, then no, neither can I.

Your expectations are way too high. EGB and other clever *&*^ have left the rest of us gibbering and drooling on here. Most of the Bounce cannae even spell IQ.
How many times does yer average Bouncer have tae write Eyequeue? Funnily enough I was in one outside Specsavers last Thursday. Which reminds me, you’ll never guess who I bumped intae. :lookaround:

Everybody I expect.

@Hibees-Mad I pass the baton onto you

Ok.

How many Scottish world snooker champions have there been?

Can you name them?

Ok.

Can you name them?
Not the first one

Not the first one
Nope

Ok.

Can you name them?

I think snooker is shite but John Higgins (his brother is a good pal of mine) and that Hambo Hun Henry, so 2?

Hendry. Higgins. Dott, and if it's more than 3 , it must have been donkeys years ago!!

Hendry. Higgins. Dott, and if it's more than 3 , it must have been donkeys years ago!!
Dott the one I missed, there was one just after the war.

Yup, one more

McManus? Not Tam.

I'll be impressed if anybody knows the name of the first one.

I'll be impressed if anybody knows the name of the first one.
You know something?.I completely agree. I only knew it because it was in an impossible quiz that I was in - obv I said 3 and the names already stated. I'll give it a couple of hours then hand over to Tayside Hibee I'd no one has it.

You know something?.I completely agree. I only knew it because it was in an impossible quiz that I was in - obv I said 3 and the names already stated. I'll give it a couple of hours then hand over to Tayside Hibee I'd no one has it.
I knew there was one way back but couldn't remember his name but managed to forget about Dott.

So this is way back - before the year dot?

Chris Small?

It was that household name, Walter Donaldson(!) who won it in 1947 and 1950.

As he got the other 3 first, you're up Tayside Hibee

This thread has been viewed 22559 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back