Murphy/Wright/Magennis

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Was Billy Findlay not a product of our youth policy rather than a signing ?
Either way, your right he didn't hit the heights at all despite the great faith put in him by Miller at the time.
Aye, I think you’re right. Apologies.
I didn’t read your post carefully. It was the 5 year term that grabbed my attention.

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Surprised Nisbet isn't included seeing as he was expensive, was supposed to really want to be here yet demanded a transfer at the first sniff of a move down south.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
Surprised Nisbet isn't included seeing as he was expensive, was supposed to really want to be here yet demanded a transfer at the first sniff of a move down south.

Really was disgusting behavior when you think about it. He's been let off very lightly.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I’d give Nisbet the benefit of the doubt until he gets some actual game time and we can tell how he’s contributing to the team. Ross would keep Doidge up front as long as the team was winning and even if he was missing 10 sitters a game and in floods of tears on the pitch. That’s what he does. We have now lost a game and his performance levels have been rank for some time so expect some movement on that front.

Couple of folk mention Nisbet’s attitude is a disgrace and the bounce bodies are lined up for a game of follow my leader and he’s the devil
child.

I’m not his biggest fan either by the way as I think the Euro 2020 chat went to his head a while back and he had less team focus.

He’s the best forward we have though and providing everything is right in training then get the C on the pitch.

Zab

Admin
I’d give Nisbet the benefit of the doubt until he gets some actual game time and we can tell how he’s contributing to the team. Ross would keep Doidge up front as long as the team was winning and even if he was missing 10 sitters a game and in floods of tears on the pitch. That’s what he does. We have now lost a game and his performance levels have been rank for some time so expect some movement on that front.

Couple of folk mention Nisbet’s attitude is a disgrace and the bounce bodies are lined up for a game of follow my leader and he’s the devil
child.

I’m not his biggest fan either by the way as I think the Euro 2020 chat went to his head a while back and he had less team focus.

He’s the best forward we have though and providing everything is right in training then get the C on the pitch.

I think Boyle is the best forward we have. It’s no coincidence that he hit is worst run of form playing as a winger, yet began to thrive again when moved centrally.

aggie

Justified Radge
I think Boyle is the best forward we have. It’s no coincidence that he hit is worst run of form playing as a winger, yet began to thrive again when moved centrally.
Undoubtedly, Boyle is 100% our best forward, both in terms of ability and attitude.

Admin

Boyle through the middle has recently been our best striker, I agree. I still think NIssy is a player and as EA suggests, he has had his head turned with Euro2020 talk and Birmingham City's interest. He has had very little game time recently.

Reactions: Zab

Bossie

Well-Known Radge

child.

I don't think Nisbet really cares much about the Euros - if he did he would trying like a bear, hee would be in the Hibs team and would be scoring goals. Instead, all be has shown is disloyalty to Hibs and precious little when he has got onto the park.

EA2007

Minutes played since his strop.

Im pretty sure he’s not that daft that he’ll be downing tools and potentially scuppering a summer move.

Get the C in the team. He can GTF once third place and a similar fee are in the bag.

F95B3E58-80C2-41AA-BEEA-DEA593E14BFF.jpeg

Bossie

Well-Known Radge
Minutes played since his strop.

Im pretty sure he’s not that daft that he’ll be downing tools and potentially scuppering a summer move.

Get the C in the team. He can GTF once third place and a similar fee are in the bag.

View attachment 4546
It was unfortunate for him that the team hit form when he was in the powder puff.

Assuming that he is trying a leg in training he will get more game time soon, and I very much hope for him and us that he scores a barrowload. He owes us.

EA2007

Fair point and I always just think of Doidge and Nisbet as our only forwards. Last night included when I was bemoaning the fact we didn’t have a third like Jason Cummings who has bagged 3 in 3 starts at Dundee and who would’ve been a no brainer signing for 4 months.

Boyle on current form can hopefully do the business for us.

Reactions: Zab

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
My concern over the least few weeks is that we have become so dependent on Martin Boyle for our goals.

Nisbet is not even starting games and when he does he is not offering much. I rate him and he was excellent in the first half of the season, but I get the impression he thinks he is better than he actually is. This is his first full season playing top flight football, and you need more than that to be ready to play at a higher level. His agent has clearly influenced him, and unfortunately for Hibs it has affected his game. If he was showing the right attitude at training he would be starting games.

Doidge is having a poor season compared to last season. He is the type of striker that depends on good service, particularly good crosses as he is decent in the air. We don't provide this sort of service often enough IMO. His confidence has been shot this season and that plays on a striker when he is missing chances regularly. He will be wondering where his next goal is coming from. Ross has faith in him though, so we just have to hope he hits another goal run soon.

Boyle I think has benefitted moving into the centre, however opposition teams know that all they have to do is stop him and Hibs are then devoid of any real goal threat. Our midfielders don't score anything like enough goals. When you are dependent on one player scoring it's only a matter of time before things start going wrong in terms of results.

If we are to get third place finish we are going to have to hit the goal trail again very soon preferably starting on Saturday. A huge and difficult away game against a side that regularly gives us problems and who will be on a high after winning the League Cup.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Our midfielders don't score anything like enough goals. When you are dependent on one player scoring it's only a matter of time before things start going wrong in terms of results.
Goal scoring midfielders are like hens teeth outside of the Old Firm. I had a look at the top scorers chart today the only non-Uglies midfielders I could see in the top 20 were Ferguson (8) Burke (7) and McGrath (6).

I'd love to find a way to get Dodige, Nisbet and Boyle starting in advanced roles.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge

My update on Nisbet would be....

Without question the big successful signing of last summer. The laddie is a natural finisher scoring some sensational goals. Not surprisingly he was very quickly subjected to media speculation linking him with many clubs building up to the January transfer window. And throughout January the club received offers for the player that would have meant an excellent return on investment for the club. Demonstrating our intent to be a successful club, owner Ron Gordon rejected all bids received. Media speculation was that the player submitted a transfer request. Manager Jack Ross then decided to drop the player to the bench. Thus far he's not regained his starting place and when introduced as a substitute he's not looked particularly impressive or demonstrated good body language. Is he really intent to sacrifice a potential Scotland call up for pettiness? Time me thinks for him to be selected and for him to again produce.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
I'm assuming Magennis is injured yet again?!! How many times has he come back and got injured? FFS it's now over 4 months Ross bizzarely started him at Hampden...

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts