• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: Motherwell 0 v 3 Hibernian

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Away to Motherwell, usually enjoy a day out with my sons, nephew and mates when we play 'well, and they are often good games, espesh if ye get a seat above the scoreboard in winter. Instead it will be flummoxed on the sofa, shouting at the telly again. I like Well, they are a fans club and I happily paid the £12 to watch on on Well TV (details below). I hope they spend it wisely.

As many of those working from home, you will know work is mental, long hours, living at work no working at home really and I see less about HIbs nor have time to read about them than I used to in pre-covid days, its pish man. With that in mind, I have not seen Jack and the token player do their video yet, so nae idea of injuries, suspensions or covid related shite. I hear we might see Lewis back on the bench, and possibly Josh Magennis, although it may be a week too soon. Good news on another thread is the return of Scottie and his flowing locks to the training pitch. Magic that.

So, the team, well Well are decent on their day, so good they picked up six points and scored six goals this week without even turning up! In reality they urnae doing that well but games against them are usually good and often end to end.

So, Hibs team...

Rocky of course

Paul McGinn, so far Hibs best player this season

Porto, hopefully no making any costly mistakes

I expect to see Paul back, he too needs to have a good game.

I also expect to see SMackie keep his place, he has been very good.

I hope Alex Gogic is back, we need him.

Joe Newell is better with Alex near him.

Wide will be Murph who gets better every week he plays.

Boyler will also play, he always does, shite the week before or not.

Doidge will be back, Jack likes him.

Nissie will play, NIssie will score I think? Good laddie who needs a rub o the green.

Thats me, although shape wise you may see a back 3 with Murph or Boyler more in behind the strikers and Smackie pushing forward, who knows?

Match details here, Motherwell Vs - Hibernian FC, see you behind the goals (one day).

Hibernian Forever!

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Mackie

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Murphy

Nisbet
Doidge

I would like to see five in midfield of Boyle, Gogic, Newell, Hallberg and Murphy with Doidge on bench.

I was watching the Inverclyde virtual Christmas lights switch on, and up popped John McGinn, brother of Paul and Stephen. His dad is apparently a teacher down here.

Fair made my night.

I think we'll struggle tomorrow, because I think we're going to be inflexible and out thought by Stephen Robinson.

And I agree with both of you - I think that is exactly how we will line up, possibly hinting at injuries or lack of squad depth.

Makes it easy for managers to set up against us.

We've got some real quality in forward positions - I think key one tomorrow is Jamie Murphy who is a player who can get you out of your seat on the sofa on days like these.

I have no idea what team to pick. Motherwell usually give us a game would like a win but suspect a draw.Hopefully I get on Motherwell tv ok. Registered about two days ago, but didn't notice anywhere to pay.Hopefully it will be clear tomorrow.

Ok I would play Marciano, Mcginn, Mcgregor,Hanlon Mackie,Gogic, but then I'm not sure.

I have no idea what team to pick. Motherwell usually give us a game would like a win but suspect a draw.Hopefully I get on Motherwell tv ok. Registered about two days ago, but didn't notice anywhere to pay.Hopefully it will be clear tomorrow.

You have to pay Moaty its no free but much cheaper than some other clubs, get back in and click pay.

I think the team will be as 1875, but I’d like to see us go 433:
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Murphy

I don’t think Hanlon will play, I think SDG will play right centre alongside Porteous. I hope Newel doesn’t play, I’m just not convinced about him. He can play some lovely fitba, but not often enough for me, not by a long way. To contradict myself though, when he plays well, we play well.
Murphy and Nisbet are key players for us. Dodge is one of the strangest players I have ever seen. Sometimes he looks like a total cart horse, other times he scores hat tricks and his flicks and hold up play are class.
We need a good win to get back on this feel good train. We have had a few high scoring games against them over the years, so probably nil nil!!!!!!
cmon the cabbage

Screenshot_20201202-050343_bet365.jpg

BIG G

I think the team will be as 1875, but I’d like to see us go 433:
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Mackie
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Murphy

433 with the ball 451 without it. But pretty much how I'd have it.

Reactions: Zab
You have to pay Moaty its no free but much cheaper than some other clubs, get back in and click pay.
Yeah I know you have to payyyy!!!I just couldn't see where you paid.

Gullan showed in the last game that he deserves to have his chance, Boyle been shite for weeks now and should be dropped. Doidge needs to improve and up his game also, I am honestly not looking forward to this game as I feel Motherwell will have too much for us especially in the middle f the park.

Gogic is a must in our midfield. The big question is Doidge, he either starts or doesn't play at all. There has been small signs of improvement from Boyle to start him (I know he would anyway) and Murphy should start, which suggest no Doidge. Mallan or Hallberg is anyone's guess.

Rocky
SPM
Hanlon (if fit)
Porto
SMackie
Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Mallan or Hallberg (Melker for me)
Murphy
Nisbet

Motherwell have a very good midfield so we really will have to compete properly in that area if we are going to get either a win or a draw tomorrow. They finished third last season (although I realise this is tainted with the abrupt ending to the season) but they have some good players and I rate Stephen Robinson as a manager.

Our away form was good earlier on in the season as we were defending well and were hard to break down, and with our pace down the flanks and goal threat up front we were winning a lot of games. We must get back to that as soon as possible. We have to become hard to beat again and if we do that we will start to win games regularly again in this league.

1-1.

Last edited:
The game is on Alba at 6 if anyone is unable to catch it at 3...

Good shout didn’t know that

Out for lunch, will just wait for that instead.

Honestly cannot wait to get back to going to games. My interest in watching all football is as low as it could be, but you'd expect to be totally focused on Hibs. Even that is taking a bit of a tanking these last couple of months.

Boyle shouldn't start but will. I'll be surprised if we get a result today. If we do it'll likely be Marciano is in top form or Murphy & Nisbet are producing magic. I've no real appetite to watch this today on telly. What I'd give though to be there in the bitter cold.

Tough game, Motherwell players been getting really high praises of late.

IMG-20201205-WA0009.jpg

Boyle shouldn't start but will. I'll be surprised if we get a result today. If we do it'll likely be Marciano is in top form or Murphy & Nisbet are producing magic. I've no real appetite to watch this today on telly. What I'd give though to be there in the bitter cold.

I find it pretty grim watching the games on the tele. What makes it worse for me is that there’s no fans in attendance, the lack of atmosphere really impacts the whole thing.

Going to a game is such a great experience in comparison.

Didnae expect tae see Wright on that sheet. Needs tae show more than he has done.View attachment 3879

Gullen should be getting a start imho.

He must be good in training

We all knew Hanlon would be straight back in because he is simply undroppable...

Doig being left out for Stevenson is another shock as is the inclusion of Wright......

Gogic and Mackie not in the squad must be down to injuries...

Fuck knows what happened there, Mackie oot the picture all together? Wonder if hesgot a knock?

We all knew Hanlon would be straight back in because he is simply undroppable...

Doig being left out for Stevenson is another shock as is the inclusion of Wright....

Gogic and Mackie not in the squad must be down to injuries...
Just noticed Gogic.?

Gogic and Mackie both out altogether...presumably injured

Doidge benched.

Players like Wright and Hallberg really do have to step up to the mark today in what will be a difficult game on a heavy surface.

Alarm bells ringing with that line up!

Alarm bells ringing with that line up!
Midfield looks weak and lacking will be a hard game , hopefully I'm wrong.

Gogic and Mackie both out altogether...presumably injured

Doidge benched.

Players like Wright and Hallberg really do have to step up to the mark today in what will be a difficult game on a heavy surface.

Watched JR interview yesterday and he never mentioned the injuries.

Wonder if they are COVID related?

Watched JR interview yesterday and he never mentioned the injuries.
Did he not say something about a couple of players giving a bit cause for concern but we would see nearer the time if they would be ready ? I seem to recall something along these lines, could be wrong though.

No Mackie No Gogic, tough game ahead.

Very lightweight against a midfeild with very good reviews.

Changed days when Sean Mackie is regarded as big loss. Lewis will be fine

Changed days when Sean Mackie is regarded as big loss. Lewis will be fine

I think he’s a very good player, will only get better. If he’s indeed injured, I’m glad Stevenson is back. Doig has potential, but his inexperience has been exposed at times.

I think he’s a very good player, will only get better. If he’s indeed injured, I’m glad Stevenson is back. Doig has potential, but his inexperience has been exposed at times.
Agree with that

Did he not say something about a couple of players giving a bit cause for concern but we would see nearer the time if they would be ready ? I seem to recall something along these lines, could be wrong though.

Possibly. I'd need to watch it again.

Aye yer right. Just checked it. Best not to risk them with busy schedule ahead.

This thread has been viewed 10581 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back