• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Moldova v Scotland

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
This is the big one tonight....5.00 KO.

For me, Scotland have to win this one and secure our second place play-off spot tonight, because it is going to be very difficult to take anything from Denmark.
I am confident we can win, but my main concern as ever is goals. Without Dykes, I just wonder where our goals are going to come from ? McGinn seems to me to be our best chance of scoring.

Also defensively with Hanley not playing and McTominay now out as well, John Souttar or Liam Cooper will be in.
Not ideal, but we have to go into this match with a positive attitude. I think this Scotland team are better away from home, and Clarke's strengths as a manager are organisation and counter attacking which means we tend to get better results away from home as well.

I'll go a narrow 1-0 win for Scotland.

Technical point: We don't have to win if Israel don't. I'm sure we will though.

Reactions: Zab
This is the big one tonight....5.00 KO.

For me, Scotland have to win this one and secure our second place play-off spot tonight, because it is going to be very difficult to take anything from Denmark.
I am confident we can win, but my main concern as ever is goals. Without Dykes, I just wonder where our goals are going to come from ? McGinn seems to me to be our best chance of scoring.

Also defensively with Hanley not playing and McTominay now out as well, John Souttar or Liam Cooper will be in.
Not ideal, but we have to go into this match with a positive attitude. I think this Scotland team are better away from home, and Clarke's strengths as a manager are organisation and counter attacking which means we tend to get better results away from home as well.

I'll go a narrow 1-0 win for Scotland.

Incredible to think that Hanley and Dykes are two massive losses to this side, not sure many (myslef included) would have thought that 12 months ago.

Souttar is a very good defender and has done remarkably well to recover from some horrendous injuries, if he starts he’s earned it. Probably a better option than Cooper or McKenna who I’m not a big fan of.

McTominay is also a big miss, but our midfield has a lot of depth so I think we’ll cope. McGregor, Turnbull or Armstrong would all be good replacements for this game.

Upfront is the biggest issue. Adams will start, but it’s a choice between the out of form Nisbet and the untried Brown. From a Hibs perspective I hope Nisbet gets the nod and rediscovers his best form.

Technical point: We don't have to win if Israel don't. I'm sure we will though.

True, but it’s better to approach it as a must win than relying on results elsewhere.

From another hibs perspective we need SJM to bring his a-game for scotland if we hope to get any money from a future transfer 🤷‍♂️ I cant see him impressing in a villa team that IMO is heading backwards 😩

Souttar deserves his call-up but not convinced he represents the future of our central defence. He got shown up for pace on his last appearance for us when got himself sent off, doubt 2 bad injuries will have approved that area of weakness much. Should be good enough to deputise against Moldova mind you 👀

I'm going 2-0 Scotland.

Do you realise it is 1 year ago today since that penalty shoot-out against Serbia.

Lets hope we are celebrating to night at 7pm!!

Cmon Scotland.

Souttar deserves his call-up but not convinced he represents the future of our central defence. He got shown up for pace on his last appearance for us when got himself sent off, doubt 2 bad injuries will have approved that area of weakness much. Should be good enough to deputise against Moldova mind you 👀

Agreed, I don’t think he’s a first choice but a better option that some as a replacement. I think Porteous should be in there too, both are better than McKenna IMO.

There’s a massive problem in the team with the lack of goals and creativity when we come up against half decent teams.

thankfully, Moldova are rubbish so it shouldn’t be a problem tonight.

Mckenna is absolutely woeful 😩

Surely Cooper ahead of Souttar

So Steve Clark has chosen to replace the suspended Dykes with Stuart Armstrong, a midfielder… that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement for Kevin Nisbet or Jacob Brown.

So Steve Clark has chosen to replace the suspended Dykes with Stuart Armstrong, a midfielder… that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement for Kevin Nisbet or Jacob Brown.

Playing McGinn wide right too by the looks of the BBC line up. We play better with two up front.

Team

Attachments

• 9D8EE05D-8124-4F25-A9F0-F37221D45320.png
    9D8EE05D-8124-4F25-A9F0-F37221D45320.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 9
Playing McGinn wide right too by the looks of the BBC line up. We play better with two up front.
Playing for a draw 😩

thankfully, Moldova are rubbish so it shouldn’t be a problem tonight.

B, you've been following Hibs for FAR too long to come out with that!!!

Playing for a draw 😩
Hardly. Armstrong, McGinn, McGregor all good attacking threats. It's a good team

Hardly. Armstrong, McGinn, McGregor all good attacking threats. It's a good team
One striker though, against the stiffs in the group.

why can’t we get a proper striker, I don’t care where he’s from, a proper goal every other game striker.

How billy gilmour doesn’t play for a top premier team is baffling . I know he’s at chelsea and on loan to norwich but 🤷‍♂️

One striker though, against the stiffs in the group.

why can’t we get a proper striker, I don’t care where he’s from, a proper goal every other game striker.

We’ve got a striker who scores every game, Lyndon Dykes… I know, I know 😂 I get what you’re saying though, we’re desperate on a reliable finisher.

To be fair I don’t think one striker is a negative way of player as such, it’s more to do with how many other players get forward.

I don’t see much football these days so maybe this is normal but the amount of times Scotland players are knocking the ball either straight to an opponent or into a space where the nearest person is Moldovan baffles me. The goal was a quality piece of play and an accomplished shot but the hoof over the bar from McGregor and the miss to the side from Adams were poor given the time they had. Hit the target ffs.

He did.

Some backhëel fir the goal, eh!

'We don't think you undetstand...'

Nisbet coming on.

Penalty for Moldova..

Saved by Craig Gordon..

Penalty for Moldova..

Saved by Craig Gordon..

Great challenge by Tierney for the rebound

Get fucking in!! Playoffs will be hard but looking forward to it. Loving this Scotland team

2-0 Scotland full-time.

Secured the play-off semi spot with a game to spare.

Well done lads.

Congratulations to one and all, and Steve Clarke deserves great credit for me.

A draw against Denmark will get us a home semi-final play-off tie and seeded.

Actually played some good stuff. Patterson at RB was really good.

Looking at the quality of the teams in 2nd we really want that.

North Macedonia at Hampden 🙏

2-0 Scotland full-time.

Secured the play-off semi spot with a game to spare.

Well done lads.

Congratulations to one and all, and Steve Clarke deserves great credit for me.

Im confused, there is 12 teams, 3 go through, i thought it was 3 groups of 4 and winners of each group go through

That's a new thing, watching Scotland 2 goals up. Even if it is Moldova, no disrespect.

Thought with the penalty the stomach churn might return but fükk me, no.

So well done to the always-miserable looking SC and the lads.

Did Nizzie really come on? Cannae mind him touching the ball at all but maybe I justissed it...

Im confused, there is 12 teams, 3 go through, i thought it was 3 groups of 4 and winners of each group go through
No semi final and final 12 teams down to 3

Yep and only the semi finals are seeded, the rest is decided by the draw. So we will know who we could face in the final and whether we’ll be home or away in the final when the draw is made.

👀 according to the tv, we need a point to get a home match in a semi final 🤷‍♂️

👀 according to the tv, we need a point to get a home match in a semi final 🤷‍♂️
Prob also depend on other group outcomes , so mibby get a home draw even with defeat 🤷‍♂️

Great result - Moldova stubborn
Plug saves a penalty!

Last edited:

got it spot on and got the job done

Well done the 3000 who travelled and can’t wait for hampden on Monday night

got it spot on and got the job done

Well done the 3000 who travelled and can’t wait for hampden on Monday night
Armstrong had a great game

Austria could qualify for the play offs in one of the Europa league slots? This is messed up,

Austria could qualify for the play offs in one of the Europa league slots? This is messed up,
You need a phd in tournament qualification to follow the rules 😩

This thread has been viewed 2554 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50