• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Moldova v Scotland

Mcginn doesn’t half put a shift in but wee Billy is the main man for me 👏👍

Tierney is different class

He is a top class player, plays beyond his years

got it spot on and got the job done

Well done the 3000 who travelled and can’t wait for hampden on Monday night

He did indeed. I wasn’t questioning the inclusion of Armstrong, who had an excellent game, was more pointing out that Nisbet and Brown clearly haven’t done enough to convince the manager not to change the shape… which isn’t a great sign for either of them IMO.

Strikers and cb’s required to make the next step 🤔

Tierney is different class
Super is our best player

Gilmour is class as is Tierney and Robertson

got it spot on and got the job done

Well done the 3000 who travelled and can’t wait for hampden on Monday night

Me too.

Austria could qualify for the play offs in one of the Europa league slots? This is messed up,
Isn't that how we got the Euros?

Thinking North Macedonia in the semi final at home then someone like Wales at home in the final would represent our best chance of qualification. Want to avoid the runner-up in the Croatia / Russia group (amongst others!)

He did indeed. I wasn’t questioning the inclusion of Armstrong, who had an excellent game, was more pointing out that Nisbet and Brown clearly haven’t done enough to convince the manager not to change the shape… which isn’t a great sign for either of them IMO.
I think it's more to do with the age-old Scottish manager syndrome where they'd rather play older heads or tried and trusted players even if they have to shoehorn them in. I know Che Adams scored last night but he's not good enough and an on-form Nisbet would have scored more than one given the same chances. Mind you, I'm also not part of the Lyndon Dykes love in either. I think he's gash but we don't have a better option than him.

I think it was a great result for Scotland. Now we have to do well in the play-offs. We have a top quality group of players and a good manager. I think Scotland need to be tough to beat,

I think it's more to do with the age-old Scottish manager syndrome where they'd rather play older heads or tried and trusted players even if they have to shoehorn them in. I know Che Adams scored last night but he's not good enough and an on-form Nisbet would have scored more than one given the same chances. Mind you, I'm also not part of the Lyndon Dykes love in either. I think he's gash but we don't have a better option than him.
Given the killie connection , I’m surprised he hasn’t given brophy a go 🤷‍♂️
wouldn’t be any worse than adams or dykes
Need to find one before quatar , if we get there

I think Brophy has been called up under Clarke. Not sure if he played though.

If Brophy gets another call up, I don’t think it should be for Adams or Dykes. I’m not a fan of either of them really but they’re the best available unfortunately. Of the other striker options, Nisbet and Brown currently hold those places so any call up for Brophy would be in for one of them, to be fair Brophy has scored more league goals than Nisbet so far this season.

If Brophy gets another call up, I don’t think it should be for Adams or Dykes. I’m not a fan of either of them really but they’re the best available unfortunately. Of the other striker options, Nisbet and Brown currently hold those places so any call up for Brophy would be in for one of them, to be fair Brophy has scored more league goals than Nisbet so far this season.
As a short term solution I’d try to get Steven Fletcher back onboard , I know he’s 34 but playing well for Stoke , a natural striker and prob not much better going around at the moment . Not going to happen though . Clarke will stick with Dykes for sure 😩

As a short term solution I’d try to get Steven Fletcher back onboard , I know he’s 34 but playing well for Stoke , a natural striker and prob not much better going around at the moment . Not going to happen though . Clarke will stick with Dykes for sure 😩
Dykes has been excellent for Scotland imo

Anthony Ralston called up for the Denmark game...

Reactions: Zab

Dykes has scored in four consecutive games, Scotland have won five games in a row, Steve Clark clearly has developed a way of playing and Dykes is a big part of that. Aye he’s a bit of a huddy, but he works in the context of this Scotland team and changing that would be absolutely mental IMO.

Results have been good , Dykes has contributed with some Doidge type goals , he’s still crap though. IMO

I wish Nisbet was crap and could score goals.

I wish he was as good as he thinks he is

Reactions: Zab
He is crap , but canny score 🤣

My definition of excellent is different from yours obviously. He's been mostly shit and okay he's scored goals, one a penalty that he contrived to almost miss and got lucky.

My definition of excellent is different from yours obviously. He's been mostly shit and okay he's scored goals, one a penalty that he contrived to almost miss and got lucky.
Terrible attempt at a penalty.
If he ever gets to take another one he should try a diving header. More chance of scoring.

Dykes "50-50" for the Denmark game....turns out he was injured as well as suspended for Moldova.

Nisbet might play against the Danes I think.

Dykes "50-50" for the Denmark game....turns out he was injured as well as suspended for Moldova.

Croatia have qualified , russia in playoffs

As a Scotland fan, I fucking hope not

Serbia beats portugal to qualify , putting portugal into playoffs

I think the bigger picture is whether we get a home draw for the second game.

I think I’d rather be unseeded, but with a home second game rather than seeded but with an away second game.

I think the bigger picture is whether we get a home draw for the second game.

I think I’d rather be unseeded, but with a home second game rather than seeded but with an away second game.
Is that how it works 🤷‍♂️

Is that how it works 🤷‍♂️
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

• The semi-final winners that will host play-off finals A, B and C will be decided by a draw.
    I think that’s what it means

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Second_Round

• The semi-final winners that will host play-off finals A, B and C will be decided by a draw.
    I think that’s what it means
Is it not 1. Seeded gives a home semi-final .
2 six finalists in an all-in draw , so could be at home again ?

You could be unseeded, but have the prospect of a home tie if you get through?

best option obviously would be seeded AND drawn at home in semi

You could be unseeded, but have the prospect of a home tie if you get through?

best option obviously would be seeded AND drawn at home in semi
Definitely want to be seeded and thus avoid playing the likes of Portugal, Sweden or Russia away in the semi final stage.

I’m confused 🤔 i thought it was 3 groups of 4 and the winners go through? Sure I’ve actually said this already which makes me even more confused 🥴

I’m confused 🤔 i thought it was 3 groups of 4 and the winners go through? Sure I’ve actually said this already which makes me even more confused 🥴
12 playoffs team with the seeds at home in a one-off tie , which gives 6 teams through to an all - in semifinal draw then one-off game semis to give 3 qualifiers , I think

12 playoffs team with the seeds at home in a one-off tie , which gives 6 teams through to an all - in semifinal draw then one-off game semis to give 3 qualifiers , I think
This is how I understand it:

as it stands

The qualified seeded teams are:

1. Portugal
2. Russia
3. Switzerland
4. Sweden
5. Poland
6. Wales

The qualified unseeded teams are:

7. Scotland
8. North Macedonia
9. Turkey
10. Finland
11.Austria
12. Czech Republic

There are 3 places available, so there are three paths.

Group A could get drawn as:
Wales (Seed) v Scotland
Portugal (Seed) v Czech Republic

With the winner of Wales v Scotland being drawn at home in the "final" game.

EG

Wales 0 Scotland 1
Portugal 1 Czech Republic 0

Scotland 1 Portugal 0 - Scotland Qualify

Group B could get drawn as:
Poland (Seed) v North Macedonia
Sweden (Seed) v Turkey

With the winner of Sweden v Turky being drawn at home in the "final game.

Poland 1 North Macedonia 0
Sweden 1 Turkey 0

Sweden 1 Poland 0 - Sweden Qualify

Group C could get drawn as:
Switzerland (Seed) v Austria
Russia (Seed) v Finland

With the winners of Russia v Finland getting drawn at home

Switzerland 0 Austria 1
Russia 0 Finland 1

Finland 0 Austria 1 - Austria Qualify

The only thing I don't understand is how we don't play Israel again.

This thread has been viewed 2541 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back