Mental Health

NW

Just A Radge
This lockdown is really starting to get into my head, I don’t mind working from home but the lack of being able to get out to see clients and have meetings is beginning to take its toll. The same 4 walls all day every day and I am beginning to hate the house, the actual building not the fact it’s my family home.

walks are good but I’ve spent years out and about in meetings or office and this being stuck is a real head fuck.
Hibs helped at the weekend but even the online viewing feels so false.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I was conscious today that last week had passed and I hadn’t produced what I needed to.

im not really sure how that happened but I was conscious I wasn’t in the best place. But once I become conscious of it I can fix it.

I think the problem is when I don’t realize it.

NW

Just A Radge
I was conscious today that last week had passed and I hadn’t produced what I needed to.

im not really sure how that happened but I was conscious I wasn’t in the best place. But once I become conscious of it I can fix it.

I think the problem is when I don’t realize it.
I find it’s getting harder to fix and snap out of it.
There is no reason for it but today I feel totally defeated.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Have you tried a happiness diary? Just a couple of notes a day with a score on how you are feeling. Something you’re grateful for like a good coffee. Hibs on a Saturday. Friends. Family.

I think if you have something to review then it helps you understand how you are feeling?

rude_boy

Hibs Radge

Similar to yourself but I've found Monday's particularly challenging recently, still sitting at my desk but getting things done seems harder. I've concluded it's just the lack of transition from being home at the weekend and then going to the office on a Monday.
Stick in there

NW

Just A Radge
Similar to yourself but I've found Monday's particularly challenging recently, still sitting at my desk but getting things done seems harder. I've concluded it's just the lack of transition from being home at the weekend and then going to the office on a Monday.
Stick in there
Thanks, you too.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
This lockdown is really starting to get into my head, I don’t mind working from home but the lack of being able to get out to see clients and have meetings is beginning to take its toll. The same 4 walls all day every day and I am beginning to hate the house, the actual building not the fact it’s my family home.

walks are good but I’ve spent years out and about in meetings or office and this being stuck is a real head fuck.
It might help if you try to create more separation between work and home life if you haven't already. Eg putting all work equipment away at the end of the day, trying to stick to fixed work hours, even introducing a daily 'commute' (even if it's a 5 minute walk round the block before and after work). I've even considered putting a suit on for work but haven't done it yet because a) I'm too lazy, and b) I suspect they won't fit....

I spent 2 years in a job working exclusively from home before the pandemic came along and it was driving me nuts, I think it was making me more and more insular not getting out to see people. So I'm not finding this one so bad, I guess because I'm a bit more used to it and it probably helps that so many others are in the same boat now.

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
lots of you should try and get your hands on a SAD light.... loads out there. I just sent one to a friend who is suffering badly in this stay at home pandemic... this particular one was £50 on amazon and arrived the at lunchtime the next day.... they really can help troops:54:

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
I think I'm pretty lucky afrer reading what some of you guys on here are going through. Since the 1st lockdown I've probably only worked about 4 weeks in total, I'm on furlough now till April. I'm pretty routine, get up about 7 when mrs goes to work,couple of hours housework then out with the dog for 2 or 3 hours , in the afternoon cowboy film then get tea ready I've found out I quite enjoy cooking . If pubs were open life would be perfect. Hope everybody stays safe ?

aggie

Justified Radge

Totally get this. I feel like a caged animal.

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
I think its fair to say almost everyone is suffering to some extent or varying degree atm. Had a difficult week myself last week due to demands on my time/family health that can seem overwhelming at times.

One suggestion Id humbly make is that trying to'fix' whats wrong has proved counterproductive for me in the past. I've found if I can accept there will be some down time and try to approach each day with a clean slate rather than look for a solution to why I feel the way I do; It at least gives you a bit peace from the repetititive thoughts that plague you during a diffuclt period. Ive alsmost tried to find a way to live with it rather than trying to kick against it. It took me about 20 years to get that conclusion tho so I understand it might not be everyones best approach.

Great to see everyone contributing to this thread..some very honest and helpful posts.

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
For those of you no longer going to an office and working from home and struggling with the same 4 walls day after day have you tried the technique of the 'false commute".❓

What you do is get up as normal but rather than go straight to your PC you jump in your car (or bus or walk) and drive a circular route back to your house.

This sub consciously tells your mind its now time to work and then at night when you finish work you do exactly the same in reverse.

The theory being when you come back into your house your mind tells you are now home and its relaxation and chill out time.✅

Of course it sounds rather strange but maybe this might work for someone.✅

Last edited:

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
Surely, when you come home after the morning commute, you'll think you're finished for the day, too.??
Maybe better to reverse home in the morning, then reverse all the way to the office at the end of the day?
With other people off work and weans off school, the roads shouldn't be that busy for the reverse trips.
I'm I going mad?????

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here