Mental Health

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Leaving aside the disappointment of tonight, how's everybody feeling? I feel like this is the darkest time of the whole pandemic for me, which seems objectively odd when there's a vaccine being rolled out. Feels a bit one step forward, two steps back at the moment.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I am mighty pissed off at Hibs, hate the current lockdown, dinnae see any end of the life we now live, but weirdly feel ok tonight. I refuse to let Hibs spoil my life, as they are in it for the the good times they irregulary bring me.
Whenever Hibs fuck me right off I think back to the 2001 cup final. Walking along Aikenhead road and the Celtic supporters were on the parallel road. They looked like they couldn't give a hoot at picking up another trophy. I wouldn't swap that with being a Hibby for all the tea in China. We might have a lot of lows but by fuck the highs are worth it.

Power

Legendary Radge
Leaving aside the disappointment of tonight, how's everybody feeling? I feel like this is the darkest time of the whole pandemic for me, which seems objectively odd when there's a vaccine being rolled out. Feels a bit one step forward, two steps back at the moment.
This time of year in the best of years feels like a slog to some. These times are certainly gonna magnify that massively. I’ve just broken it down into each day at a time, no point looking at two, three days or a week ahead. Just tackling the day as it hits.

Last week and a bit has been difficult juggling work with nurseries closed and homeschooling here but regular fresh air keeps it balanced (Hibs being gutless doesnae help that balance mind you).

stick in. Winter tips | clearyourhead.scot

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Never been diagnosed but im certain i suffer from SAD hate the winter and the dark nights almost as much as i hate the huns.
I try and get out as much as possible but 12hr shifts and home schooling are playing havoc with attempts at getting some sun light

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
January is always a bad month. Weather awful, the post Christmas and New Year hangover etc.

This year however it's just magnified.

I live on my own, so the worst effects of all this for me are definitely isolation, and the relatively minor inconveniences of not being able to go to the gym/fitness classes, football, and gigs. Working from home instead of the big office I did work in for years till last March is also dreadful. The sheer monotony. I hate it. It's like being in prison.

I'm fortunate however. I still have a job.

I do think the relentless daily negativity in both mainstream and social media does not help the situation with people's mental health, especially when much of it is without much foundation. It just makes people feel worse and the long term effect on mental health with all this just cannot be emphasised enough just now. It's going to have massive effects for years to some.

I'm an optimist with Covid though. I think with the vaccine roll-outs/better treatments/more population immunity/better testing/realistic social distancing measures, we will start to see decreases in new cases in the next few months with schools being re-opened much earlier than is being said just now. By the summer I think we will have significantly more normal life back.

Covid will never disappear though. I wish people/politicians would just get their heads round that. We absolutely must get used to living with this virus for evermore. Whilst doing that and taking personal responsibility regarding risk, we have to open up the country and get back to as much normality as possible. Lockdowns (which are nothing more than a panic measure by politicians to suppress the infection rate and save their own political skins) cannot be allowed to be the norm otherwise we really are finished.

Last edited:

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Getting up later and later.Going to bed later and later.Looking for a reason to go out and get some fresh air.So going up to the shops is a relief.I'm away from my flat which I was going back to once a week and staying over but I don't feel safe at the moment.I want to go out into the garden but the snow is still hanging about like a bad smell.I love my mum to bits but I hanker after some company of my own age group.I want to swear, I want to get rat arsed,I want to get into a heated debate and kick a table and behave badly.Instead I'm being polite and being helpful and being sober and spending a lot of time on facebook and here and it's doing my head in.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
This will sound really sad and pathetic but my 6yr old daughter wanted a bird feeder for the garden,finally gave in on Friday,it took a couple of days till any birds came to feed but I spent a good half an hour today just sitting watching them today.
It was really relaxing and calming
I've put a bird feeder for the 1st time also. But nae feathered beasties will look at it!!
It's high up, and has been there for 2 weeks, it's got fat balls ( easy @Sir Shrink ) seeds and nuts (again!!).
I do have a cat which is a prolific hunter, but he can t get near it. Any advice, anyone??
My cat is called Sir Patrick Stanton , Paddy to his pals, so he must stay!!

Admin
I've put a bird feeder for the 1st time also. But nae feathered beasties will look at it!!
It's high up, and has been there for 2 weeks, it's got fat balls ( easy @Sir Shrink ) seeds and nuts (again!!).
I do have a cat which is a prolific hunter, but he can t get near it. Any advice, anyone??
My cat is called Sir Patrick Stanton , Paddy to his pals, so he must stay!!

Give it time. The Tits (steady Shrink) love the peanuts, other wee birds prefer seeds. The fat balls I notice are for Robins, Sparraes and wee birds. Make a wee birdtable for thrushes, blackies, doos and suchlike, they can work the bird feeders normally. Paddy will no be helping like.

Last edited:

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
My old flat on albion Road, the woman next door to me had feeders for squirrels and all the birds.
Came home one day looked out my window to catch a sparrowhawk feeding on a pigeon..
Maybe a bit much for some, but it was pretty cool seeing a bird of prey up close.

Stared straight at the camera for a picture too ?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here