Meeting closed

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
I think while the whole thing could have been handled better by all sides and christ knows how many sides there are here, it seems pretty standard for clubs of all sorts.

A small minority take on the running of the club, normally in their own time. Most of the time they get absolutely no credit for doing it. The same folk get involved in all sorts of stuff until they realise its not worth the hassle, some of them never realise!

Indeed there's another small minority who will bitch, moan and criticise at every opportunity but avoid getting involved at all costs.

Then there's 99% of the members (remember this is any club) who will quietly get on with the business of using the clubs facilities and never give a thought for anything apart from their next pint!

And thus it will be so until the end of time.
Or the end of the season… or at least until the AGM.

Point of order...

"That quote about the Trustees was posted on a forum by a prominent members of St Patrick’s Branch."

Whilst it was not the best statement 🙈

Big G didn't actually mention the trustees IIRC.
The Trustees were not mentioned though choose to play the victims card publically and deliberately misquote that it was said about them.Pathetic. Anyone who deliberately disposes of someone else's property is a pure unadulterated malicious bastard in my opinion. I have a personal attachment to it. I put up several hundreds of pounds of my own cash initially to purchase it back in 2013, when we only had a handful of members and no money. The idea that a 20ft by 15 ft flag can be thrown out by mistake is utterly ludicrous.

BIG G

Last edited:

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The Trustees were not mentioned though choose to play the victims card publically and deliberately misquote that it was said about them.Pathetic. Anyone who deliberately disposes of someone else's property is a pure unadulterated malicious bastard in my opinion. I have a personal attachment to it. I put up several hundreds of pounds of my own cash initially to purchase it back on 2013, when we only had a handful of members and no money. The idea that a 20ft by 15 ft flag can be thrown out by mistake is utterly ludicrously.

BIG G
'utterly ludicrous'.

WJC1848

Just A Radge
'utterly ludicrous'.
The Trustees were not mentioned though choose to play the victims card publically and deliberately misquote that it was said about them.Pathetic. Anyone who deliberately disposes of someone else's property is a pure unadulterated malicious bastard in my opinion. I have a personal attachment to it. I put up several hundreds of pounds of my own cash initially to purchase it back on 2013, when we only had a handful of members and no money. The idea that a 20ft by 15 ft flag can be thrown out by mistake is utterly ludicrously.

BIG G
"...utterly ludicrously ridiculous". And any variation thereof.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
But it looks like they are tbf.

Hard not to come to that conclusion.

"We ask all branches to work with each other to find a way forward with a new committee that will build on the work we’ve done to ensure The Hibs Club remains at the heart of the Hibernian family for generations to come."

Unless, they have a flag we don't like in which case we'll throw it in the skip.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here