• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

McGrath

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
He is the missing link to our midfield, he is causing the Gunts all sorts of problems.

He is the missing link to our midfield, he is causing the Gunts all sorts of problems.

We have enough of his sort at Easter Road. We need defensive midfielder.

Reactions: Zab
More of a gunt problem than a Hibs problem

He did nothing first half, couple of touches early 2nd half and disappeared.
Boyce probably puts the game beyond St Mirren
0-2.

He did nothing first half, couple of touches early 2nd half and disappeared.
Boyce probably puts the game beyond St Mirren
0-2.

Jamie McGrath in the last half hour has shown why there has been so much interest in the St Mirren midfielder

We have enough of his sort at Easter Road. We need defensive midfielder.

We need a player that can do both, so you are right but for me McGrath would be an improvement from Newell in my opinion

We need a player that can do both, so you are right but for me McGrath would be an improvement from Newell in my opinion

Wasnt long ago you were arguing with me about not needing another midfielder.

Wasnt long ago you were arguing with me about not needing another midfielder.

You have already apologised for that.

Caught bit and peices of the St Mirren v Hearts game today and was a bit disappointed by McGrath tbh, frittered around the edges of the game in the bits I saw. Have seen him in the highlights of other games look very useful tho. Hearts are a horrible team to play against...its like a back 5 with 3 defensive midfield players in front of them. They will be tricky to break down for any team as I dont see Neilson playing a more expansive style.

Caught bit and peices of the St Mirren v Hearts game today and was a bit disappointed by McGrath tbh, frittered around the edges of the game in the bits I saw. Have seen him in the highlights of other games look very useful tho. Hearts are a horrible team to play against...its like a back 5 with 3 defensive midfield players in front of them. They will be tricky to break down for any team as I dont see Neilson playing a more expansive style.

With better players around him I think he would be a great addition and better than Newell.

With better players around him I think he would be a great addition and better than Newell.

They’re not like for like, McGrath plays further forward. If we signed him it would be to take the place of Boyle/Murphy/Magennis/Allan, and I don’t think he’s better than any of them. His arrival wouldn’t affect Newell’s role in this Hibs team.

They’re not like for like, McGrath plays further forward. If we signed him it would be to take the place of Boyle/Murphy/Magennis/Allan, and I don’t think he’s better than any of them. His arrival wouldn’t affect Newell’s role in this Hibs team.

For me he is a much better player than Newell, I am pretty sure McGrath can play in various roles. Murphy will do well to stay injury free, Boyle needs proper competition and Magennis is doing better than last season, will be interesting when we come up against better players. Me personally wouldn’t have resigned Newell after last season tbh.

The apology was for arguing about sky's interpretation of Jack's words.

You're saying we should sign a midfielder, when you said we didn't need any more.
Now you want McGrath and someone who can do both jobs.

Newell isn't a bad player, not even close to it. He hasn't even had a bad game this season yet.
You've been campaigning against him since about the 5th game of last season. Doesn't matter what he does, you made up your mind up ages ago.
Much like pistol with Paul.

I would swap him for Allan.

For me he is a much better player than Newell, I am pretty sure McGrath can play in various roles. Murphy will do well to stay injury free, Boyle needs proper competition and Magennis is doing better than last season, will be interesting when we come up against better players. Me personally wouldn’t have resigned Newell after last season tbh.

Murphy and Boyle both play wide and wouldn't be competing against McGrath.
Imo the only player that McGrath is true competition for is Allan the messiah.

I think Magennis sets up deeper than any of those players.

The apology was for arguing about sky's interpretation of Jack's words.

You're saying we should sign a midfielder, when you said we didn't need any more.
Now you want McGrath and someone who can do both jobs.

Newell isn't a bad player, not even close to it. He hasn't even had a bad game this season yet.
You've been campaigning against him since about the 5th game of last season. Doesn't matter what he does, you made up your mind up ages ago.
Much like pistol with Paul.

Our discussion was what JR said in his interview when he wanted a new striker and defender, you apologised for the shite you kept on posting around it, I then said if a better midfielder became available then I am sure we would consider it.

I never wanted Newell resigned after his shit house performance in the games at Hamden against St Johnstone and the Gunts, yes he turned a corner from his Hecky days, and yes some good performances along the way, but there has also been shit performances, drifting out of games, hiding at times, he is a lazy player too, he cost us the goal the other night because he doesn’t make any effort on their player which leads to their goal.

I would swap him for Allan.

Allan proved on his short time on the pitch what we were missing, his passing when he came on was very good, especially his through ball to MacKay. Most creative midfielder at the club, although I get the impression JR doesn’t feel the same.

Murphy and Boyle both play wide and wouldn't be competing against McGrath.
Imo the only player that McGrath is true competition for is Allan the messiah.

I think Magennis sets up deeper than any of those players.

When St Mirren played St Johnstone at Hampden, McGrath was all over the midfield and sometimes on the wing also, he done a lot more than any of our midfield done against them.

Our discussion was what JR said in his interview when he wanted a new striker and defender, you apologised for the shite you kept on posting around it, I then said if a better midfielder became available then I am sure we would consider it.

I never wanted Newell resigned after his shit house performance in the games at Hamden against St Johnstone and the Gunts, yes he turned a corner from his Hecky days, and yes some good performances along the way, but there has also been shit performances, drifting out of games, hiding at times, he is a lazy player too, he cost us the goal the other night because he doesn’t make any effort on their player which leads to their goal.

So it's gone from our shitey defenders costing us the goal, to Newell costing us the goal.
Newell retains possession better than any other player in the team. That's a fact.
He played more key passes than any player in the team last season, also a fact.

Should've binned everyone after the St J and Hearts games if we're basing everything on just those 2 games. Because NOBODY was good enough

My apology was based on the argument about me saying defensive included defensive midfielders. I stated in my apology that GM clearly stated defender and Striker when Jack hadn't said that specifically.
Not about me wanting Odoffin at the club.

When St Mirren played St Johnstone at Hampden, McGrath was all over the midfield and sometimes on the wing also, he done a lot more than any of our midfield done against them.

Sack them all then.

Allan proved on his short time on the pitch what we were missing, his passing when he came on was very good, especially his through ball to MacKay. Most creative midfielder at the club, although I get the impression JR doesn’t feel the same.

1 pass was very good.
He also kicked it straight at Rijeka players a couple times. He looked rusty, and had little time to grow into the game, he gets a pass for that.

So it's gone from our shitey defenders costing us the goal, to Newell costing us the goal.
Newell retains possession better than any other player in the team. That's a fact.

Should've binned everyone after the St J and Hearts games if we're basing everything on just those 2 games. Because NOBODY was good enough

My apology was based on the argument about me saying defensive included defensive midfielders. I stated in my apology that GM clearly stated defender and Striker when Jack hadn't said that specifically.

Watch their goal and you tell me who is to blame before it even gets to the defence. The talk was around Newell, of course the whole team were shite in these games but I specifically mentioned Newell as that’s who we were talking about.

1 pass was very good.
He also kicked it straight at Rijeka players a couple times. He looked rusty, and had little time to grow into the game, he gets a pass for that.

Obviously missed the two three passes before he played in MacKay

Newell retains possession, too many back ward passes, or to the side, lazy player also. If that’s what you call key passes 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have always said we need at least 3/4 players in

Obviously missed the two three passes before he played in MacKay

Nope, but we're talking about 'very good'
Watch their goal and you tell me who is to blame before it even gets to the defence. The talk was around Newell, of course the whole team were shite in these games but I specifically mentioned Newell as that’s who we were talking about.

Wheres Moaty and his scapegoat chat, this is nonsense.

We didn't defend 2 crosses!! There's a handful of mistakes leading to that goal! You just said he cost us the goal. He didn't single handedly cost us a thing.

Newell retains possession, too many back ward passes, or to the side, lazy player also. If that’s what you call key passes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Key passes are passes that lead to chances created.
Watch the highlights, you'll see him playing McGinn through on the right wing to cross. That's a key pass.
But aye, all he does is pass backwards 🙊
Lazy.. also nonsense, Motherwell game because that's the game that has stats, 2nd most tackles and interceptions, 2nd behind Boyle in dribbles.
Most touches and passes in the team, always looking for the ball... aye, lazy 👍

Campaigning against Hibs players is shite!

Folk talk about green tinted specs... what's the opposite? You Watch the game looking for negatives from specific people.
Keeping the ball is not negative.

Nope, but we're talking about 'very good'

Wheres Moaty and his scapegoat chat, this is nonsense.

We didn't defend 2 crosses!! There's a handful of mistakes leading to that goal! You just said he cost us the goal. He didn't single handedly cost us a thing.

Key passes are passes that lead to chances created.
Watch the highlights, you'll see him playing McGinn through on the right wing to cross. That's a key pass.
But aye, all he does is pass backwards 🙊
Lazy.. also nonsense, Motherwell game because that's the game that has stats, 2nd most tackles and interceptions, 2nd behind Boyle in dribbles.

Campaigning against Hibs players is shite!

Folk talk about green tinted specs... what's the opposite? You Watch the game looking for negatives from specific people.
Keeping the ball is not negative.

The lead up to the goal is clearly Newell’s fault, the player goes past him too easily, yes McGinn, Porto & Hanlon are at fault also but we are talking about Newell.

Campaign against Hibs players, get a grip, loads of posters have picked fault with Newell in games but I am the one with a campaign 🤣

Looking for negatives, FFS I have heard it all now, you mention on your posts when players aren’t performing, we all do for fuck sake, just because other posters have different views and options from you doesn’t make theirs wrong.

Don’t bother replying with that shite.

The lead up to the goal is clearly Newell’s fault, the player goes past him too easily, yes McGinn, Porto & Hanlon are at fault also but we are talking about Newell.

Campaign against Hibs players, get a grip, loads of posters have picked fault with Newell in games but I am the one with a campaign 🤣

Looking for negatives, FFS I have heard it all now, you mention on your posts when players aren’t performing, we all do for fuck sake, just because other posters have different views and options from you doesn’t make theirs wrong.

Don’t bother replying with that shite.

How can it be clearly his fault.. when you've just mentioned 3 other players at fault.
Dafty

And you do have a campaign, you've been banging on about the same bullshit since the start of last season. I've backed up everything I say, you juat post unsubstantiated nonsense.

Go watch the highlights.
The boy doesn't go past newell, newell isn't close enough to him after the ball gets played around Lewis... and it's not before it gets to the defence, its during the defensive phase.

You've either not watched it or you don't have a clue what you're watching.

And since we're on the highlights
He plays the pass in the first clip to McGinn.
I'm fairly certain he played the ball to Boyle for the penalty shout.
Then the very next highlight he challenges the boy on the wing, giving the ball to McGinn to play Boyle through again.
Hes involved in virtually every attack in the game.

I'm not here saying Newell is a complete player, because he's not, but when you're clearly wrong about his contribution you're getting called out.
Same as anyone else on here about any player.

JR is not the only manager who thinks Allan is a luxury his side cant afford.
There is a succession of managers before him who think the same.
I've said it before, and I'll repeat it ...
SA is in his 30th year, been loaned out from his parent club(s) far too often to be coincidental.
Playing less than 200 games in a 14-15 year career says much about him and his usefulness to any team.

JR is not the only manager who thinks Allan is a luxury his side cant afford.
There is a succession of managers before him who think the same.
I've said it before, and I'll repeat it ...
SA is in his 30th year, been loaned out from his parent club(s) far too often to be coincidental.
Playing less than 200 games in a 14-15 year career says much about him and his usefulness to any team.

Scott Allan is the kind of player an entire team has to be built around in order to get the best out of him. He needs movement ahead of him, wide players stretching defences and the other midfielders have to do the dirt work. When it works out like that it is incredibly effective and brilliant to watch (Stubbs first season, and when Allan returned on loan under Lennon being prime examples).

The problem is there’s not many managers out there who are willing to built a team in that way. In retrospect Scott Allan would have benefited from going abroad instead of West Brom when he first left Dundee United, like Ryan Gauld would later do.

Scott Allan is the kind of player an entire team has to be built around in order to get the best out of him. He needs movement ahead of him, wide players stretching defences and the other midfielders have to do the dirt work. When it works out like that it is incredibly effective and brilliant to watch (Stubbs first season, and when Allan returned on loan under Lennon being prime examples).

The problem is there’s not many managers out there who are willing to built a team in that way. In retrospect Scott Allan would have benefited from going abroad instead of West Brom when he first left Dundee United, like Ryan Gauld would later do.

I actually thought we were a worse team when he came in under Lennon. Him being in the squad changed McGinns role and it was a game against Celtic when Allan wasn't allowed to play that I noticed it, McGinn was a different class when he was the player collecting the ball and driving at the opposition, when Allan was in the team that was his Allan's job.
There's no doubting his vision or ability to make a pass, but he's not been able to adapt his game to play within different teams. He was sat on the bench when we took him from Dundee in that 4 player swap deal that saw us and Dundee pushed aside so Celtic could prove their big baws over us all. So much so Dundee accepted Simon Murray as a replacement for him AND Hendry.

If he could've dropped back into central midfield instead of attacking midfield a few seasons ago, he would've had much more success here. 1 or 2 worldy passes every 4,5 or 6 games isn't what we need. Granted those passes truly are worldy, but they're alot further apart than people realise.

I like him as a player, I hope his health really is in order, but I've said a couple times I think he might find himself on the way out the door sometime this season. Either to go play regular football or as a makeweight in another deal.

How can it be clearly his fault.. when you've just mentioned 3 other players at fault.
Dafty

And you do have a campaign, you've been banging on about the same bullshit since the start of last season. I've backed up everything I say, you juat post unsubstantiated nonsense.
Go watch the highlights.
The boy doesn't go past newell, newell isn't close enough to him after the ball gets played around Lewis... and it's not before it gets to the defence, its during the defensive phase.

Then the very next highlight he challenges the boy on the wing, giving the ball to McGinn to play Boyle through again.

I'm not here saying Newell is a complete player, because he's not, but when you're clearly wrong about his contribution you're getting called out.
Same as anyone else on here about any
Dafty

Go watch the highlights.

Same as anyone else on here about any player.

Newell clearly makes no attempt on their player.

Newell clearly makes no attempt on their player.

Clearly I said he wasn't close enough to him.
Not repeating myself

You ignore 90% of what I say, be as well talking to the bird about football.

Not repeating myself

Dafty, Newell just stands there and puts his hands to the knees, if he is more focused on the game the goal doesn’t happen.

PM each other you two, FFS.

Dafty, Newell just stands there and puts his hands to the knees, if he is more focused on the game the goal doesn’t happen.
Great. Get shot of Newell, sign McGrath.
He doesnt make mistakes.
In fact , sign 11 players who dont make mistakes and we've cracked it.
World domination beckons.

Not repeating myself

You know the rules.
Put her picture up and we’ll decide whether chatting to your bird is better than arguing with The Family.

No wait……..

That was a bad example.
PM me her pic anyway.

Ouch!

This thread has been viewed 1225 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back