• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

McGinn signs!

Thought he was McNulty’s replacement, maybe your right.
I still think we might see McNulty back before the window closes.

I really hope we don’t mate, never impressed the last time.

I dont understand

You mentioned Mallan, Newell & Allan essentially the same type of player, that’s why I think we need two different types of midfielders.

I really hope we don’t mate, never impressed the last time.
He hadn't played for months when he came to Hibs last time out, and it showed. Happens regularly when players are brought in during the January window. They struggle to get their full fitness back if they haven't played competitive football for a long time.

I don't think he is a world beater by any means, but he is an intelligent striker with good movement in the box. He needs to get his sharpness back and when he does I still think he would get goals in this league. His family are all based in Edinburgh and he is from here. I'm not saying it is going to happen, I just wouldn't rule it out. He certainly has no future at Reading as far as I can see.

He hadn't played for months when he came to Hibs last time out, and it showed. Happens regularly when players are brought in during the January window. They struggle to get their full fitness back if they haven't played competitive football for a long time.

I don't think he is a world beater by any means, but he is an intelligent striker with good movement in the box. He needs to get his sharpness back and when he does I still think he would get goals in this league. His family are all based in Edinburgh and he is from here. I'm not saying it is going to happen, I just wouldn't rule it out. He certainly has no future at Reading as far as I can see.

Not for me mate, his wages would be better spent elsewhere.

You mentioned Mallan, Newell & Allan essentially the same type of player, that’s why I think we need two different types of midfielders.

I dont think Newell is anything like Mallan or Allan?

@Hammi does, I want another midfielder like Gogic but can also play in a different role, like Shinnie at Derby and one to give us energy, someone who can take the ball from Gogic or our defence and drive us forward.

Happy enough with this.

Jack Ross has mentioned a few times that we have a fairly quiet dressing room. Everything ive read about Stephen McGinn from Saints fans to players that played with him have highlighted his leadership qualities and character. A useful addition from that perspective and brings experience as cover for central midfield.

@Hammi does, I want another midfielder like Gogic but can also play in a different role, like Shinnie at Derby and one to give us energy, someone who can take the ball from Gogic or our defence and drive us forward.

I get that, I am sure Hibs are looking for a player more like John than Stephen too.

Reactions: Zab
If Stephen has the same attitude as his brothers, then that'll do for me.

I get that, I am sure Hibs are looking for a player more like John than Stephen too.

??

I'm not so sure we're still interested in him. I think we might be content with what we have in the striker department. McNulty seems to be frozen out again at Reading. Not in the squad. He's a good player when match fit. I like him.

Welcome to Hibs ...

We've had McGinns
A prile of boy McGinns ...

One for the stattos. Have we ever had 3 brothers played for the club before?
We huv nae but Celtc had triplets play for them. Chinese international Du Wei played alongside his two brothers Hu Wei and Lu Wei in some Mickey Mouse tournament.

We really do need to get fans back into the stadium as soon as possible.

I doubt we will any time soon. Until we get a vaccine we are not going to see ER opened up to allow all season ticket holders attend a game.

I doubt we will any time soon. Until we get a vaccine we are not going to see ER opened up to allow all season ticket holders attend a game.
We should be able to get 50% season tickets in.

Madness to contemplate it any time soon.
It's only a game.
This bastard virus is still on the move and killing people.

Madness to contemplate it any time soon.
It's only a game.
This bastard virus is still on the move and killing people.
I agree health comes first. I am only pointing out that if we do not start getting fans back into stadiums soon then it is only a matter of time before we start losing clubs. Of course human life is far more important and we must do everything we can protect it.

My comment was just from a footballing aspect. We all love the game and right now that game is in serious trouble as is every business when there are no paying customers any more.

If Stephen has the same attitude as his brothers, then that'll do for me.

Make mine a double McGinn and Gogic, please!

I'm sure there will be.

I'm also sure we will see at least a couple of departures, because as has been said already, financially like every other club, we will be starting to feel the strain. We really do need to get fans back into the stadium as soon as possible.
How will this help Hibs financially when it's likely that the only fans who will be able to attend at first will be season ticket holders whose money the club has got already?

How will this help Hibs financially when it's likely that the only fans who will be able to attend at first will be season ticket holders whose money the club has got already?
Apologies, I didn't word it too well. I meant football in general in Scotland, not just Hibs.

I also meant full crowds, or as near to it as possible. In summary, we need paying fans back in our stadiums very soon in Scotland or we are going to see clubs folding.

The general opinion amongst many people is that paying crowds are a long way off, and if so then scottish football is in very serious trouble... Clubs in the Championship and below have not played a competitive game for six months now. When they eventually resume in October they will all be playing in front of no fans. That situation cannot go on much longer IMO. It cannot be sustained.

Hibs have actually done incredibly well to have recruited the players we have done already in the middle of all this. On the pitch we have also made an excellent start to the season. We are however walking a constant tightrope. The season could be stopped again at any time, and if that happens scottish football is finished IMO.

Last edited:

Not directly, but when dropped into the team, theyre all expected to play the same sort of game.
So they fill the same role in the team. Being the ball player in the middle.

I agree health comes first. I am only pointing out that if we do not start getting fans back into stadiums soon then it is only a matter of time before we start losing clubs. Of course human life is far more important and we must do everything we can protect it.

My comment was just from a footballing aspect. We all love the game and right now that game is in serious trouble as is every business when there are no paying customers any more.
It wasnt a dig at you , or anyone else for that matter, but this thing is not to be taken lightly.

This thread has been viewed 4495 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back