McGinn charged for telling the truth

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Reaction score
F5D3F29C-5261-4CC1-800A-4CFCDE12E73E_1_102_o.jpegI thought this was interesting, maybe not.

F2F3C4CC-21D2-4202-8385-0599201857A5.png
Look at the position of the linesman and where he was watching. The video makes it clearly look like never looked across the line when teh ball was played, and then would have no idea if it was offside or not. In fact you could say he didnt look ready. I dare say the ref and linesman didnt expect Celtic to score so it wouldn't be a problem.

Just look at that second picture though - the linesman has been so slow to react and is ten yards behind play in the time the ball was in the air.

I'll try and get a clearer still on the first one - he's onside in that pic, but the free kick hadn't been taken at that point.

MikeyPaget1875

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Corruption at the highest level!!! What a fuckin joke, sfa backin the refs when they can clearly see that both the free kick and the penalty decisions were both wrong, but stand by the ref and fuck the players, makes u wonder if the shoe was on the other foot?????? Total corupt

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting, maybe not.

View attachment 7276
Look at the position of the linesman and where he was watching. The video makes it clearly look like never looked across the line when teh ball was played, and then would have no idea if it was offside or not. In fact you could say he didnt look ready. I dare say the ref and linesman didnt expect Celtic to score so it wouldn't be a problem.

Just look at that second picture though - the linesman has been so slow to react and is ten yards behind play in the time the ball was in the air.

I'll try and get a clearer still on the first one - he's onside in that pic, but the free kick hadn't been taken at that point.

I know this is about the incompetence of the officials, which is clear as day, but the most horrendous thing about that top photo is Paul Hanlon’s body shape… not facing the play, totally tuned out. A senior centre half, never mind a captain, should not be doing that. I know Paul McGinn said something about thinking there was about to be a substitution, but that’s a bit of an excuse for switching off.

Hibs completely fell asleep at that free kick, no two ways about it IMO.

Sheldrake07

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I get the reason for the rule. Refs are the people who make sure the game is played fairly - or supposed to be - so players shouldn’t criticise them openly because it undermines the game. But that would only be right if the refs were actually fit for role and in Scotland it’s not one or two refs who are ‘inept’ it’s the majority. So to have no way of registering a complaint, the only way is for players to come out like Paul has.
I wouldn’t expect the SFA or league to come out and tell us how many and which refs are put under development procedures, but I bet it’s not many!
That game had so many glaring errors from Beaton against both sides that it has to be ineptitude and the League and SFA have to do something about it if we want to develo the game in Scotland to be a proper professional - in all respects not just pay - game.

GibbytheHibby

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Paul was right to call it out, based on Beaton’s display. I hope Hibs support him, but they have absolutely no grounds for winning any appeal - the law is clear and Paul has breached that law.

We should accept the charge but appeal for leniency given the circumstances and of course the ineptitude of the referee, but not in public ;-). Then demand that the SFA / SPFL take action on referees.

On their 2nd goal, firstly it’s a foul in the middle of the park that happens all the time and no one cares about it. Then, Scott Allan is nowhere near the touch line in order to come on as a sub so it’s fair play on Celtc to take the free kick quickly and I wouldn’t expect the ref to stop play. If Scotty was standing on the touch line and the 4th official was ready too, i’d expect play to brought back.

Hibs players fell asleep and didn’t do the basic job you teach kids never switch off and play to the whistle. That includes Murphy who should have ensured the free kick couldn’t be taken. It also includes McGinn, Porteous and Hanlon who all have their fingers up their asses and can’t mark one player between the three of them.

I’m angry at Beaton for the missed penalty, and numerous other decisions, but their goals were squarely our own doing im afraid.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Reaction score
I hope the club supports him - stop being nice about referees in general, and call out the incompetence of idiots like Beaton.
The club should be telling the SFA to fukk off and that Paul won't be attending any hearing until the referee is sanctioned and demoted for the clear ineptitude and bias his performance displayed.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Reaction score
The club should be telling the SFA to fukk off and that Paul won't be attending any hearing until the referee is sanctioned and demoted for the clear ineptitude and bias his performance displayed.
That kind of action would require other clubs to speak up too.
Standing alone against the beaks will acheive nothing but more grief.
It needs a concerted campaign.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that the gunts would get behind the idea.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Reaction score
Only if they could claim it was THEIR idea, and Hibs just followed them.
Does it matter Doc?
It's time for action.
Regardless of who claims credit.
Or we trot along as per, moaning like bairns who've had their sweeties nicked.

Hattie

Donator
Reaction score
Correct.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
Does it matter Doc?
It's time for action.
Regardless of who claims credit.
Or we trot along as per, moaning like bairns who've had their sweeties nicked.
Not to me, but it would to them!
😃

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
That is spot on Dub , our club including the owner should grow a pair and start by making a formal complaint against the referee’s handling of what was a major cup final . Really beggars belief . Are the clubs expected to just sit back and continually take this shit from a corrupt organisation 😡
We are all Paul Mcginn 👏👏

Boo

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I hope the club supports him - stop being nice about referees in general, and call out the incompetence of idiots like Beaton.
Irony is he is called up possibly fined and the mutant Beaton will ref again. That level of incompetence should mean he loses his job for at least for a year

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Reaction score
Irony is he is called up possibly fined and the mutant Beaton will ref again. That level of incompetence should mean he loses his job for at least for a year
They'll never see it like that, now if it were some foreign ref putting Rantic out of Europe that would be a different matter same goes for the media

Hattie

Donator
Reaction score
They'll never see it like that, now if it were some foreign ref putting Rantic out of Europe that would be a different matter same goes for the media
Spot on D.

mentalhibbyjohn

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Paul was right to call it out, based on Beaton’s display. I hope Hibs support him, but they have absolutely no grounds for winning any appeal - the law is clear and Paul has breached that law.

We should accept the charge but appeal for leniency given the circumstances and of course the ineptitude of the referee, but not in public ;-). Then demand that the SFA / SPFL take action on referees.

On their 2nd goal, firstly it’s a foul in the middle of the park that happens all the time and no one cares about it. Then, Scott Allan is nowhere near the touch line in order to come on as a sub so it’s fair play on Celtc to take the free kick quickly and I wouldn’t expect the ref to stop play. If Scotty was standing on the touch line and the 4th official was ready too, i’d expect play to brought back.

Hibs players fell asleep and didn’t do the basic job you teach kids never switch off and play to the whistle. That includes Murphy who should have ensured the free kick couldn’t be taken. It also includes McGinn, Porteous and Hanlon who all have their fingers up their asses and can’t mark one player between the three of them.

I’m angry at Beaton for the missed penalty, and numerous other decisions, but their goals were squarely our own doing im afraid.
Excellent, balanced opinion 👏
You agree with Paul's assessment, as do I, that the ref was inept. The question is how should our player be punished? If there's any justice he will get a rap on the knuckles, no more.

However the integrity and competency of our officials needs debated Gibby and Paul needs backed by Hibs for doing so. He should be asked by the panel to explain what he meant by "he'd never give those decisions the other way". It's a valid question and should be debated publicly at the highest level. Not only by Hibs by the way.

Since the day at Parkhead when I witnessed Frank McAvennie dive a full yard into the box to receive a penalty, I've never trusted our officials to be impartial. We were in the main stand and were directly in line with the linesman and the edge of the box. We made our feelings known to the linesman of course but were drowned out by celebrating Celtic fans. A good analogy of every dodgy decision against the ugly sisters ever since. If they won't listen to us though the players need to speak out.

Perhaps Rangers and Celtic could explain why any debatable decisions made against them are dissected in minute detail for months (and brought up years later) while Hibs and Hertz complaints are dismissed as "sour grapes".

Happy Christmas Gibby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223_114650.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223_114650.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here