McGinn charged for telling the truth

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Reaction score
1640106767198.png
Hibs defender Paul McGinn has been hit with an SFA charge for blasting referee John Beaton as “inept” following Sunday’s Premier Sports Cup Final defeat to Celtic.

McGinn has been slapped with a notice of complaint from Hampden beaks after his furious blast at the whistler over the Hoops winner in Hibs ' 2-1 defeat.

The Easter Road full-back claimed the free kick from which Kyogo Furuhashi scored the winner should never have been awarded - and then said his team mates were led to believe a sub was about to be made because fourth official Greg Aitken was holding up the substitution board before the Hoops took a quick free kick.

McGinn said: “We are really annoyed about the second goal.

“It's not a foul and when it is, the fourth official is holding the board. So we just assumed it’s a sub. Jamie Murphy could have stood over the ball, as you do, but we just assumed it's a sub.

"The referee has no control over the situation and just lets it happen and the goal goes in. You can see me running to him straight away and I get myself booked.

“It's inept.”

The 30-year-old has been charged under SFA rule 72 stating no player “shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or micro-blogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character”.

A principal hearing has been set for Thursday, January 13.

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
View attachment 7265
Hibs defender Paul McGinn has been hit with an SFA charge for blasting referee John Beaton as “inept” following Sunday’s Premier Sports Cup Final defeat to Celtic.

McGinn has been slapped with a notice of complaint from Hampden beaks after his furious blast at the whistler over the Hoops winner in Hibs ' 2-1 defeat.

The Easter Road full-back claimed the free kick from which Kyogo Furuhashi scored the winner should never have been awarded - and then said his team mates were led to believe a sub was about to be made because fourth official Greg Aitken was holding up the substitution board before the Hoops took a quick free kick.

McGinn said: “We are really annoyed about the second goal.

“It's not a foul and when it is, the fourth official is holding the board. So we just assumed it’s a sub. Jamie Murphy could have stood over the ball, as you do, but we just assumed it's a sub.

"The referee has no control over the situation and just lets it happen and the goal goes in. You can see me running to him straight away and I get myself booked.

“It's inept.”

The 30-year-old has been charged under SFA rule 72 stating no player “shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or micro-blogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the decision(s) and/or performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character”.

A principal hearing has been set for Thursday, January 13.

I think Paul McGinn and Hibernian knew that was coming, but it does seem incredible that match officials are immune from criticism. Especially a blatant cheating prick like Beaton.

I hope the club supports him - stop being nice about referees in general, and call out the incompetence of idiots like Beaton.

I hope so, the club really needs to be stronger about this stuff.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Typically passive from him, if not sure what’s happening at least stop the early free kick, shocking

Well it reads as though they were sure what was happening.

Worthy of criticism, but not to blame for a ref who isn't in control of the game.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Reaction score
I’d maintain the pressure

After Sunday Beaton should never referee a Hibs game again
I wouldn't be surprised if he in charge of the league game against Celtic.

Ifield Hibee

Just A Radge
Reaction score
There are numerous examples in that final alone that support the view that Beaton was either inept or cheating. You are just not allowed to say.

I’d dispute that Paul McGinn “blasted” Mr Beaton. In His statement Paul was calm and measured but clearly angry and frustrated. You should not be punished for this. Had he ranted or been abusive he should have a case to answer.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here